IGNORED

albums are multiplying themselves

I'm having an issue that I thought I previously solved, but this time, I'm at a loss.

I had to reload my iTunes library onto my QNAP NAS since I screwed the original one up (I hate iTunes). I deleted the screwed up iTunes library and then emptied my QNAP trash so there would be no ghost files for the server to see. I reloaded my library from an external drive into the multimedia folder. I am using minimserver and bubbleserver on my QNAP and did a rescan on minimserver. I use both Kazoo and Kinsky as controllers on my ipad. When I rescan my network, many of my albums now appear as mutiples. The number of iTunes albums went from 172 to 220. I can't for the life of me figure out what's going on. I checked my metadata and it doesn't appear to be cases of different data causing multiples. Anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

2 ch: mac mini with Mavericks OSX, Audirvana+, JRiver MC19, Fidelia, iTunes with Bitplus, exaSound e20 DAC, Simaudio Supernova CDP, DSPeaker Anti-mode 2.0, Simaudio i7 amp, Anthony Gallo Ref 3.5 speakers, Woo Audio WA6 headphone amp, Sennheiser HD800 with Cardas cable.

HT: Pioneer Pro-151 Plasma, Anthem D2v pre/pro, Simaudio Titan 5ch amp, Oppo BDP-103 blu-ray player, Velodyne DD15 sub, Paradigm Signature S6/C3/S2's, Buttkicker tactile transducers.

Why are you using iTunes, notorious for screwing up librarires, in. Minimserver/NAS setup? Just create your own folder structure on the QNAP.
Good question, but unfortunately, its a library that I started years ago. I don't use it for new rips.

2 ch: mac mini with Mavericks OSX, Audirvana+, JRiver MC19, Fidelia, iTunes with Bitplus, exaSound e20 DAC, Simaudio Supernova CDP, DSPeaker Anti-mode 2.0, Simaudio i7 amp, Anthony Gallo Ref 3.5 speakers, Woo Audio WA6 headphone amp, Sennheiser HD800 with Cardas cable.

HT: Pioneer Pro-151 Plasma, Anthem D2v pre/pro, Simaudio Titan 5ch amp, Oppo BDP-103 blu-ray player, Velodyne DD15 sub, Paradigm Signature S6/C3/S2's, Buttkicker tactile transducers.

Don't know if this will help but on some albums with different composers, soloists or compilations, itunes creates a separate album for each. The way to fix is enter ' Get Info' and type the same name in artist/album box for all the duplicates and they will re-combine.

Don't know if this will help but on some albums with different composers, soloists or compilations, itunes creates a separate album for each. The way to fix is enter ' Get Info' and type the same name in artist/album box for all the duplicates and they will re-combine.

Thanks. I'm not quite sure yet what was going on, although I did check what you are suggesting. I just ended up deleting the duplicate albums and reloading them. All is fine now.