IGNORED

South korea hirez

I have a friend in South Korea who is having a hard time finding a source for HiRez music files. HD Tracks will not sell in South Korea. Does anyone know of a distributor in that region?

Thanks.

In any dispute the intensity of feeling is inversely proportional to the value of the issues at stake ~ Sayre's Law

It's pretty dispersed. All major music sellers (Naver Music, Bugs, etc) have their little HD music stores... everywhere.

Tell him to be careful to buy Korean HD music... My country's audio industry's situation regarding recording hardware and discipline are worse than those at western nations.

I have a solution that will probably work. Go to this web address and download (tails-i386.2.0.iso). Its available as a regular download, or a torrent. Once the download is complete, burn it to a dvd as an iso file. Tails is a Linux distro that specializes in privacy. It runs live directly from the dvd, so you don't need to install it. In it, they set up a web browser that uses the TOR network. Your PC shows a different IP address to mask your true location, so when you buy tracks, no one will know that you're in S Korea.

I have a solution that will probably work. Go to this web address and download (tails-i386.2.0.iso). Its available as a regular download, or a torrent. Once the download is complete, burn it to a dvd as an iso file. Tails is a Linux distro that specializes in privacy. It runs live directly from the dvd, so you don't need to install it. In it, they set up a web browser that uses the TOR network. Your PC shows a different IP address to mask your true location, so when you buy tracks, no one will know that you're in S Korea.

Why so much hassle?

If buying regularly (or even streaming like Tidal or Netflix) then a VPN is a much better option.

Its cheap, gives anonymity, and you can select/pick the country.

Better still your credit card company and Paypal will not block you for fraud... happened to me before with Paypal.

Next to the Word of God, the noble art of music is the greatest treasure in the world - Martin Luther

Why so much hassle?

If buying regularly (or even streaming like Tidal or Netflix) then a VPN is a much better option.

Its cheap, gives anonymity, and you can select/pick the country.

Better still your credit card company and Paypal will not block you for fraud... happened to me before with Paypal.

It depends on what you consider a hassle. You download a file, burn it to a blank dvd and reboot. You're not committing any type of fraud. As far as Paypal goes, you may think they are your pal, but they're not. If you ever have a problem, you'll hate them to the day you die because of how bad they will treat you.

I have a friend in South Korea who is having a hard time finding a source for HiRez music files. HD Tracks will not sell in South Korea. Does anyone know of a distributor in that region?

Thanks.

They don't sell in Canada either. The solution, dare I say, is to use any US address for the registration process and then to pay with PayPal. I've bought a number of titles from HDTracks without any issues. If you use a credit card, they pick up your billing address and will block the registration.

Moderator, feel free to delete this if some rule has been broken.

It depends on what you consider a hassle. You download a file, burn it to a blank dvd and reboot. You're not committing any type of fraud. As far as Paypal goes, you may think they are your pal, but they're not. If you ever have a problem, you'll hate them to the day you die because of how bad they will treat you.

Yup, I've had the worst of experience with them. That's why I don't think Tor is a good network if using them.

With PayPal, I use the same IP when using it. I've had my account limited a couple of times for IPs coming from South America and China.

Just saying with VPN at least you know the IP you are getting. Last I used Tor that was not the case. I've not used in a while so that might have changed... but the way it ran was running me through various IP pools from all over the world. Not very good when trying to prove you are from one location... a VPN on the other hand does exactly that.

Next to the Word of God, the noble art of music is the greatest treasure in the world - Martin Luther

Thanks.

Hi, my name is May I'm working for SOtM based in Korea, and yes, I also agree that the industry for hi res music files are very poor in Korea, but these days internet is everywhere, try hdtracks.com/. you can follow the instruction if you don't know how to download here, it will be helpful for you,

¿Àµð¿ÀÆÇ : ³×À̹ö Ä«Æä

it is all written Korean btw.