IGNORED

PJ Harvey : The Hope Six Demolition Project

Big fan of PJ, saw her in 2000. Great concert, one of the best. I was once quick to judge Uh Huh Her and called it her least satisfying album. Didn't listen to it for years. Went back to it this year and love it. Great artists, like PJ, have complexity that might not be so evident early on with a work.

Third Floor: AE>Pioneer solid state integrated>Sony PS-x70 turntable>KEF 103.2 speakers

Second Floor: Intel NUC>LampizatOr GA TRP/LampizatOr Integrated Solid State amp>triode wire labs speaker cables & power cord and wywires power cords>vapor über auroras speakers

Old school: VPI Prime Signature turntable w/ Ortofon Bronze Cadenza cartridge and Technics SP-10 mk2

First Floor: AE>lifatec silflex glass toslink>schiit bifrost über>Kimber kable hero RCA>audioengine 5

Memories, consciousness.

At present, I'm very fond of Polly's White Chalk (2007) album. Last week I was searching YouTube for The Piano, to comfort my girlfriend while...

The following stripped-back guitar and vocal performance is my favourite (even if only at 144p quality due to uploader's...

Whatever, her work will endure

«

an accurate picture

Sono pessimista con l'intelligenza,

ma ottimista per la volontà.

severe loudspeaker alignment »

• 4 weeks later...

« PJ Harvey will return to the United States this August for two performances on 16 August at New York's TERMINAL 5 and on 18 August at LA's Shrine Auditorium & Expo Hall.

General on sale from this Friday 13 May at 10 AM local time. For more information visit www.pjharvey.net »

13102649_10154174938294921_5467656679066238377_n.jpg?oh=376acd352a9a279a6dc7ffc0d47694c9&oe=57D9F289

«

an accurate picture

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've gotta agree with johndean, really wanted to like this one but it hasn't grown on me after repeated listens, it's difficult to get through.

Maybe the songs will be better individually.

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.

Mac Mini->Roon + Tidal->KEF LS50W

Indeed, with so many ways to sample before buying, don't purchase if we hear no value in owning...

And :

« Watch PJ Harvey's performance at Glastonbury Festival (official) live on BBC Music.

The set will be re-aired on BBC Four from 9pm. »

13532983_10154296195149921_6872792425528524754_n.jpg?oh=196b53b180cb5297c340287c0a7ce04c&oe=57F92DFF&__gda__=1476563909_0b83839cfed9c26c05cc181d5147118b

«

an accurate picture

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, huge PJ fan and after listening a few times to the new record in the spring I was slightly disappointed, but then I put it on today after not listening for a few weeks and wow! The first three songs are killer and it really doesn't let up. This is how Uh Huh Her worked as well. So, if you haven't for awhile, give another listen.

Third Floor: AE>Pioneer solid state integrated>Sony PS-x70 turntable>KEF 103.2 speakers

Second Floor: Intel NUC>LampizatOr GA TRP/LampizatOr Integrated Solid State amp>triode wire labs speaker cables & power cord and wywires power cords>vapor über auroras speakers

Old school: VPI Prime Signature turntable w/ Ortofon Bronze Cadenza cartridge and Technics SP-10 mk2

First Floor: AE>lifatec silflex glass toslink>schiit bifrost über>Kimber kable hero RCA>audioengine 5

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Just saw PJ at the Fillmore in Philly last night. Awesome show. The songs from the last two albums really come alive with the 8 piece band she has behind her, including Mick Harvey and John Parrish. Don't hesitate to go if she's coming to your town.