IGNORED

PJ Harvey : The Hope Six Demolition Project

« PJ Harvey has released the video for The Wheel, the first track to be taken from her forthcoming album The Hope Six Demolition Project, released on 15 April. The video was directed by award-winning photo-journalist and film-maker Seamus Murphy. »

This link for more details

«

an accurate picture

Sono pessimista con l'intelligenza,

ma ottimista per la volontà.

severe loudspeaker alignment »

Excellent post. It sounds a bit like "Let England Shake," which I guess will annoy some PJ-heads, but that is their loss. Already pre-ordered the CD.

I love PJ Harvey, and I like - but don't love - Let England Shake. I definitely agree with you that this new track shares some significant musical DNA with Let England Shake, but I like the new track better because to my ears it rocks a bit more, maybe 2/3 Let England Shake and 1/3 other PJ Harvey influences.

Just my $.02.

Excellent post. It sounds a bit like "Let England Shake," which I guess will annoy some PJ-heads, but that is their loss. Already pre-ordered the CD.

Always excited about new PJ Harvey music. Just wish she play here on the east coast soon.

Third Floor: AE>Pioneer solid state integrated>Sony PS-x70 turntable>KEF 103.2 speakers

Second Floor: Intel NUC>LampizatOr GA TRP/LampizatOr Integrated Solid State amp>triode wire labs speaker cables & power cord and wywires power cords>vapor über auroras speakers

Old school: VPI Prime Signature turntable w/ Ortofon Bronze Cadenza cartridge and Technics SP-10 mk2

First Floor: AE>lifatec silflex glass toslink>schiit bifrost über>Kimber kable hero RCA>audioengine 5

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

« Listen to PJ Harvey’s new song The Orange Monkey on

Spotify: http://po.st/OrangeMonkeySP

Apple Music: http://po.st/OrangeMonkeyAM1

Pre-order PJ Harvey’s new album The Hope Six Demolition Project via iTunes and get The Orange Monkey instantly: http://po.st/TheHopeSixIT1 »

Cfcj8SRWwAAjC1q%20(1).jpeg

«

an accurate picture

Love PJ Harvey but I have mixed feelings about this new album . What's up with so many background vocals ?? I wanna hear

Polly .

So far I like Let England Shake better and her older stuff much better

Yeah, I was excited for this, but I have to say I don't like it. A big disappointment.

Truly, I'm sadden by the thought of prizes and accolades—which, you may have noticed, I almost never quote to promote...

Say, in terms of exposure, why didn't a writer (now dead) get a Nobel Literature Prize ? And a film (now passed) not an Oscar, or César ? Why our own family, friends...

So, of personal relevance—I'll always make an effort to know what Polly's doing. Like I do for Leonard ; 1971 recording of Famous Blue Raincoat, arguably, emotionally unsurpassable for me when compared to his later...

In short, I remind myself to 'give [whatever] a chance' rather than absolutely abide by another's opinion, reviews...

And identity, only if 'I care' will I engage in knowing who, what they...

«

an accurate picture

You've again dropped-the-ball ; I seldom quote « prizes and accolades » because if, of Hi-Fi, a product won a certain category, then who and what won in other categories ? What will win next year ? Who judges, are they competent ?

I'm afraid I hadn't.

[Truly' date=' I'm sadden by the thought of prizes and accolades—which,'] you may have noticed, I almost never quote to promote...

«

an accurate picture