IGNORED

Network isolation and POE

I'm a relative novice in networked music playback, so please forgive me if this is a naive question:

Does the fact that a switch provides POE, or offers that facility, have any bearing on the level of noise (RFI, etc.) it might introduce or emit, and can any effect be negated by isolation?

I have instinctively avoided getting a switch that has POE, as I don't need it. But I'm now thinking of getting a switch that also has two additional ports for SFP and hence fibre optic. But any switch that can accommodate SFP seems also to have POE. Does that matter?

I'm a relative novice in networked music playback, so please forgive me if this is a naive question:

Does the fact that a switch provides POE, or offers that facility, have any bearing on the level of noise (RFI, etc.) it might introduce or emit, and can any effect be negated by isolation?

I have instinctively avoided getting a switch that has POE, as I don't need it. But I'm now thinking of getting a switch that also has two additional ports for SFP and hence fibre optic. But any switch that can accommodate SFP seems also to have POE. Does that matter?

If you are looking at a switch that has those parameters then most likely it will be a managed switch which means you would be able to turn the POE off on the ports that have them.

David