IGNORED

Cover Art Software for Mac

wazza69

Hi,

I have a Naim Audio upnp setup with my flac files on a NAS. My tagging is great but my cover art is incomplete and contains some lower res files.

Can anyone recommend a Mac App that will assist is going through a large collection? The ones I have found only seem to work with iTunes. Also, they don't find examples under a certain size and recommend higher res examples.

Thanks

I use XLD to embed the cover art in most of my digital files. Works great, but does require you to sign up for Amazon web services. (That is a no cost option, and greatly enhances the program's usability.)

You can also use iTunes to embed cover art, which should not cause large problems with your streaming, but you may have to reindex your files with your UPnP application.

-Paul

Anyone who considers protocol unimportant has never dealt with a cat DAC.

Robert A. Heinlein

I use XLD to embed the cover art in most of my digital files. Works great, but does require you to sign up for Amazon web services. (That is a no cost option, and greatly enhances the program's usability.)

You can also use iTunes to embed cover art, which should not cause large problems with your streaming, but you may have to reindex your files with your UPnP application.

+1 on this. Also, Yate will fetch art from a number of sources. You can have it limit a Google search to 600x600 if that suits your purpose. There's also a new ability to search fanart.tv, but I haven't set that up yet.

--David

Listening Room: Mac mini (Roon Core) > iMac (HQP) > exaSound PlayPoint (as NAA) > exaSound e32 > W4S STP-SE > Benchmark AHB2 > Wilson Sophia Series 2 (Details)

Office: Mac Pro >  AudioQuest DragonFly Red > JBL LSR305

Mobile: iPhone 6S > AudioQuest DragonFly Black > JH Audio JH5

+1 on this. Also, Yate will fetch art from a number of sources. You can have it limit a Google search to 600x600 if that suits your purpose. There's also a new ability to search fanart.tv, but I haven't set that up yet.

--David

I tried Yate, could not make hearts or tails of it. Jaikoz is only slightly more usable IMO. Lots of manual interaction needed there and no way to batch change files that I have found.

No electron left behind.

I tried Yate, could not make hearts or tails of it. Jaikoz is only slightly more usable IMO. Lots of manual interaction needed there and no way to batch change files that I have found.

For myself, one way I found to make the Yate interface more comprehensible was to disable Yate's file browser (Window -> Hide File Browser). That way, you can use standard open/save dialogs (File -> Open…) or just drag and drop files or folders into the main window.

You can definitely do batch operations. The most rudimentary way to do that is to just drag and drop multiple folders into the main window. (Click on the rightmost "Open Modes" button in the toolbar so that it shows a "+" rather than a "-".)

Yate has a lot of features, more all the time, but IME, a little perseverance pays dividends.

--David

Listening Room: Mac mini (Roon Core) > iMac (HQP) > exaSound PlayPoint (as NAA) > exaSound e32 > W4S STP-SE > Benchmark AHB2 > Wilson Sophia Series 2 (Details)

Office: Mac Pro >  AudioQuest DragonFly Red > JBL LSR305

Mobile: iPhone 6S > AudioQuest DragonFly Black > JH Audio JH5

Can anyone recommend a Mac App that will assist is going through a large collection? The ones I have found only seem to work with iTunes. Also, they don't find examples under a certain size and recommend higher res examples.

CoverScout is awesome. I unfortunately had to stop using it when I switched to AIFF, which oddly it didn't support at the time. Not sure if that changed. May be worth experimenting with the free trial.

http://www.equinux.com/us/products/coverscout/techspecs.html

Digital:  Sonore opticalModule > Uptone EtherRegen > Shunyata Sigma Ethernet > Antipodes K30 > Shunyata Omega USB > Gustard X26pro DAC < Mutec REF10 SE120

Amp & Speakers:  Spectral DMA-150mk2 > Aerial 10T

Foundation: Stillpoints Ultra, Shunyata Denali v1 and Typhon x1 power conditioners, Shunyata Delta v2 and QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation and Infinity power cords, QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation XLR interconnect, Shunyata Sigma Ethernet, MIT Matrix HD 60 speaker cables, GIK bass traps, ASC Isothermal tube traps, Stillpoints Aperture panels, Quadraspire SVT rack, PGGB 256

I have a Naim Audio upnp setup with my flac files on a NAS. My tagging is great but my cover art is incomplete and contains some lower res files.

Thanks

Hi Wazza69,

Some audio player tools can demands of artwork size (width and height) restrictions. Also metatag editor can allow drag-and-drop picture to metatag edition panel, and have adjusting picture size ability.

As far as I know, usually used 500x500 pixels picture for artworkws, embedded to files.

One of AuI ConverteR's users last released wishes was automatical scaling metatag cover art size to value in settings. In batch mode also.

For picture in lower (than in settings) resolution, the cover art saved as is.

New AuI ConverteR 48x44 v.5.4.1. WAV metadata editor

If will some suggestions about metatag editor or incompability issues (what I collect and try to fix), my contacts here AuI ConverteR 48x44 - HiEnd audio converter ISO DFF DSF WAV FLAC AIFF

Are you display the artworks at big screen or at mini LCD display? May be it can be reason of optimal resolution value?

AuI ConverteR 48x44 - HD audio converter/optimizer for DAC of high resolution files

ISO, DSF, DFF (1-bit/D64/128/256/512/1024), wav, flac, aiff, alac,  safe CD ripper to PCM/DSF,

Seamless Album Conversion, AIFF, WAV, FLAC, DSF metadata editor, Mac & Windows
Offline conversion save energy and nature