IGNORED

Volume increase which App?

I mixed various Eagles CD's into one folder using Audacity to set the meta data and numbering them. Naturally the volume varies on different songs. I tried using Audacity to increase and match all and I mean just a little increase but the increased one's sound flat now. Is there a better app I could be using? I have Adobe Audition but haven't tried it yet. I know a lot of you guys think this is just the worst thing to do so if it's not possible to do without running the track I understand? All are originally 24 Bit - 96 kHz.

Most music player apps have a feature called replay gain. It matches the volume on whatever you play. This is a better solution than to process the signal because it doesn't alter the music files in any way. You can turn it off anytime, if needed.

Most music player apps have a feature called replay gain. It matches the volume on whatever you play. This is a better solution than to process the signal because it doesn't alter the music files in any way. You can turn it off anytime, if needed.

Thanks, I use A+ I'll check and see if its an option unless you already know?

There are compressor software and hardware options that you could use, to increase volume without clipping, but they cost. You are now getting into the music production/mastering side. As you already mentioned and discovered this can easily mess up the sound. Why not leave that to the mastering engineer instead?

Perhaps too obvious, but what is wrong with the analog volume dial on your pre-amp?

QUOTEarrow-10x10.png=tranz;508033]There are compressor softwarearrow-10x10.png and hardware options that you could use, to increase volume without clipping, but they cost. You are now getting into the music production/mastering side. As you already mentioned and discovered this can easily mess up the sound. Why not leave that to the mastering engineer instead?

Perhaps too obvious, but what is wrong with the analog volume dial on yourarrow-10x10.png pre-amp?

If I use the volume dial on pre amp that is just for one song. I tried using equalize in Audacity but that seems to only be for decreasing. There is a Compressor in Audacity I could try that

This is the ideal way to level match. If you're on Mac, iTunes has an equivalent called Sound Check.

If I am anything, I am a music lover and a pragmatist.

I'm not familiar with A+, but I'm surprised that they don't have that feature. Its standard on just about any player I can think of. You can always try a different player just as a test to see if its something that you want to pursue further. I wouldn't use iTunes because it doesn't support certain formats. FLAC mostly, and you're probably using it. For a Mac try Clementine, Quodlibet, Amarok or Banshee. Those players are all free and support all major formats. Just as good, if not better than iTunes. My personal preference is for the first 2 I list.

QUOTEarrow-10x10.png=CR250;508270]I'm not familiar with A+, but I'm surprised that they don't have that feature. Its standard on just about any player I can think of. You can always try a different player just as a test to see if its something that you want to pursue further. I wouldn't use iTunes because it doesn't support certain formats. FLAC mostly, and you're probably using it. For a Mac try Clementine, Quodlibet, Amarok or Banshee. Those players are all freearrow-10x10.png and support all major formats. Just as good, if not better than iTunes. My personal preference is for the first 2 I list.

Why would you favor this in place of A+, Perfect Music and Jriver Media Center. Except for the fact that there free. Thanks