IGNORED

My Seiun Player arrived today!

Well Dang - that little beastie looks *impressive* - no fooling! I would say it looks like what Pono should have been. $180 for one of the guys that does everything - 384K PCM, DSD (not specified), a 1080p screen, and 4K video out... Wow. :)

Please do let us know how you enjoy the model you picked up at such a bargain price. Also, I note that it has a BT/Wifi chip in it - if you get a chance to test it with some BT phones...

Anyone who considers protocol unimportant has never dealt with a cat DAC.

Robert A. Heinlein

Well Dang - that little beastie looks *impressive* - no fooling! I would say it looks like what Pono should have been. $180 for one of the guys that does everything - 384K PCM, DSD (not specified), a 1080p screen, and 4K video out... Wow. :)

Please do let us know how you enjoy the model you picked up at such a bargain price. Also, I note that it has a BT/Wifi chip in it - if you get a chance to test it with some BT phones...

Um, actually you're referring to the Pro X edition which is a LOT more than this and looks like a smartphone. This is the Seiun PLAYER, which is an iPod Shuffle competitor and less than Shuffle prices. I got this from their IndieGogo campaign. But I'm impressed with the player as apart from HiRes 24/192 playback it can also RECORD in HiRes (I believe). There's a microphone built-in and a mini-speaker also. And it accepts a mini-SD up to 128GB!

This seems too good to be true, but I need something to replace my iPod classic that was stolen out of my car. What is the interface like on the basic model? (Looks kind of unusable from the video on the website.)

The interface is not bad at all. You use the REC button to switch on and off, and the volume/track buttons to move between menus (which includes language and settings). Once you select the Music icon and your chosen folders which it displays, it allows you to select your music. Only niggle is the track buttons is also the volume buttons so you have to hold it a little to move the actual volume level.

But otherwise it is a great addition if you like to listen on the move.