IGNORED

iFi iUSB 3.0 Revisited

Definitely no shortage of affordable new USB cleaning goodies out right now: Regen, Schitt, Wyred 4 Sound, Itona, Lightspeed, Coolgear, etc. The Mutec MC-3+ fills the gap for a pricier option too.

The iFi iUSB 3.0 has been out for a while now and seems to get little mention here when compared to the above products. The marketing for it might be a bit over-reaching, but it does seem do be a fairly comprehensive and well reviewed product. It also seems to be the only one that makes some attempt at going beyond a generic wall wart for a power supply.

Any reason why this one isn't coming up here more often? I know it has its own thread in this forum, but it is surprising that it almost never comes up anywhere else.

Synology DS1515+ >  PS Audio P10 > Innuos Zenith Mk II running Roon Core > IsoRegen/LPS-1 > Lyngdorf TDAI 2170 > Tekton Double Impact Speakers

Because it's 400 dollars.

That is also about the same price of a single USB cable that many here own and rave about (Curious Cable 1.0m). Maybe more $$ in comparison to similar devices, but not a big deal in the grand scheme of current USB audio tweaks.

Maybe a better question would have been if anyone has compared it to any other similar product and found it to be worth the extra cost.

Synology DS1515+ >  PS Audio P10 > Innuos Zenith Mk II running Roon Core > IsoRegen/LPS-1 > Lyngdorf TDAI 2170 > Tekton Double Impact Speakers

Precisely because it has been out for a while and is no longer the new kid on the block. It's the same with alot of gear, like DACs for example. Just a few short years ago the QuteHD won many accolades including DAC of the Year from a few publications. Now it's "crap", easily "beaten" by DACs costing a mere fraction of the QuteHD. It's the norm and doesn't mean anything. Keep in mind the digital merry-go-round spins rapidly.

Good point, but the iUSB 3.0 has only been around for about four months, only a couple of months prior to Uptone's Regen release. Maybe it is simply a case of the iUSB being "So five minutes ago" :)

I own the Ifi3.0, the Regen and soon the Intona.

I had the Shiit Wyrd and I thought it provided no benefit at all and when I sent it back they charged me 50% of the cost for 5 days use! Needless to say, I would never buy any Shiit product after that.

Anyway, back to the discussion. I had one Regen and then purchased a second and have been very impressed. I then bought the original Ifi usb power and I thought it was ok but nowhere near the performance of the Regen.

But, then the new iFi 3.0 came out, so I sold the original iFi and purchased the new one. Now this unit was a surprise. There was a marked improvement using it and I inserted it between my 2 Regens. The Regens provide great bass and dynamics, the iFi 3.0 added a very deep soundstage.

As a added bonus the new IFi product has an additional usb port that I use for my external hardrive. Highly recommended.

I want to also give the Intona a try and should have one in a few days. To me its all about the Audio quality.

Too bad someone can't put all of these gizmos into a single package.

I also have everything connected up with the Curious usb cables, and powered by a linear power supply from a dedicated outlet. Each unit is sitting on top of Bybee Signal Enhancers.

My Dac is the PS Audio Direct Stream. Music is played through a Bryston BDP-2 usb player. My Amp is a Pass Labs X350.5.