IGNORED

[HOW-TO] Roon and RoonServer on Windows Server 2012 R2

AudioPhil

Ok, I am having exactly the same issue as GermanBoxers. I upgraded to AO 2.0 yesterday. I use Roon with HQP in GUI mode. After upgrading to AO 2.0, I switched to minimal server mode. Roon server and HQP, both needs to be started in order for my setup to work. But its not happening:

1. I set HQP as default shell. So, RoonServer is not starting by default. Only way to make this work is to manually start RoonServer.

2. I set RoonServer as default shell. In that case, I have to manually start HQP in minimal server mode.

It was quite a frustrating experience. I have switched back to GUI mode since.

My question is: How can make sure that in minimal server mode, both RoonServer and HQP starts up automatically?

The frustration came from the implicit assumption that I will be able to use RoonServer with HQP "as is" through AO 2.0. I understand now that it's a small amount of work to create custom batch to start both. Thanks for mentioning it.

Since the day Roon integrated support for HQP, I can safely assume the use case of Roon + HQP is getting increasingly common. So, I am sure that if you make something read to run, it'd be appreciated.

I can make a batch file to start both HQP and Roon. However, how do I make that batch file as shell?