IGNORED

[HOW-TO] Roon and RoonServer on Windows Server 2012 R2

AudioPhil

I finally had some time to get myself "into" Roon last night. Roon & Windows Server have somewhat worked in the past, but the overall experience to get it working was not very convenient. These steps were needed to get Roon or RoonServer working on Windows Server 2012 R2:

- Add the Windows Role "Essentials Experience" (which actually converts a standard edition into an essentials edition)

- Add the "Windows Server Essentials Media Pack"

So i used the last night to get rid of all this inconvenient steps, and yes it does even work in Minimal-Server Mode now. I focused my testings on RoonServer and these are the needed steps to get a Roon Core working on Windows Server 2012 R2 (no matter if GUI or minimal-server Mode):

- Install Windows Server 2012 R2

- Install AudiophileOptimizer 2.00 Beta 20

- Install your DAC Driver

- Install RoonServer

- Stay in GUI mode or switch to minimal-server mode

- Run AudiophileOptimizer and say yes to "Install Kernel-Streaming and MediaPlayer support"

- Run ServiceTool and configure "AutoLogon"

- Run ServiceTool and configure "ShellReplacement", select "Set Roon as shell", then select "Set RoonServer as shell".

- Reboot

What you get is a System which automatically logs in, starts RoonServer, actually plays music and does not need to convert your windows server into an essentials edition nor to install the Media Essentials Pack, it can't get any easier! :)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]23856[/ATTACH]

Enjoy,

Phil

Will installing AudiophileOptimizer 2.00 Beta 20 also work for the standard version of Windows Server 2012

Not sure if this is a AO problem but I have installed and am trying to setup Roon , for the first time, on a window server 2012 based computer. Also using audiophile optimizer latest version 2.00 which does now recognizes Roon. Can't open Roon at all on this computer. Eventhough I am using the correct password, keeps saying password is unauthorized. I have reset this password many times and still does not work. Can,t log into my account either. This problem only exists on this computer. I can login into my Roon account on my other computer without any problems. This is where I first set up my account with Roon. . I'm not sure if this has anything to do with my account , computer or AO settings? Tryed Roon forum without any useful advice yet.

Thanks Ian