IGNORED

Newbie with new stuff but no music

Herb13

I have a new Aurender N100H that's feeding into a new Schiit Yggy.

The Aurender app on my Ipad shows music is playing, but none of the sample rate indicators on the Yggy light up (the music is a CD I ripped to a FLAC file) and no music plays from the speakers.

I've replaced the USB cord that runs from the Aurender to the Yggy with no change.

I'm assuming the problem is that the Aurender is actually not outputting anything, or the Yggy is not detecting it.

Any suggestions on how I can troubleshoot this?

Thanks,

Herb

If you have a Mac or PC can you try send music to the Yggy using the USB output?

Or

Call Aurender support.

If no luck there try Schiit support.

Silver Circle Audio | Roon | Devialet | Synology | Vivid Audio | Stillpoint Aperture | Auralic | DH Labs

Thanks very much. I do have a PC and tried installing the drivers required for the Yggy and they will not install--it just repeatedly asks me to connect the Audio Device (and the Yggy is connected and set to USB input). Contacting Schiit support. Thanks again, Herb

If you have a Mac or PC can you try send music to the Yggy using the USB output?

Or

Call Aurender support.

If no luck there try Schiit support.

Good luck Herb, let us know how it turns out. I am sure it is very annoying to have a bunch of very well regarded new stuff and to not have it work.

Silver Circle Audio | Roon | Devialet | Synology | Vivid Audio | Stillpoint Aperture | Auralic | DH Labs

Thanks very much. I do have a PC and tried installing the drivers required for the Yggy and they will not install--it just repeatedly asks me to connect the Audio Device (and the Yggy is connected and set to USB input). Contacting Schiit support. Thanks again, Herb

sounds like the problem is Yggy's USB input since your PC and your Aurender are not recognizing it. Unless it's the USB cable.

the Schitt multibit DACs are a bit funky with drivers and windows. Try just letting Windows Update download and install the driver. I have the Bifrost Multibit and that's what ended up working for me after I also tried and failed to get the Schiit provided driver to install.

If I am anything, I am a music lover and a pragmatist.