IGNORED

Sonicorbiter - Native DSD support

vortecjr

Yes, that is perfectly understandable, I was certainly not expecting any kind of schedule update. The thing is, I have absolutely no idea if this is something that might take weeks, months, years or whatever. I simply have no feel for this kind of stuff!

It's being worked on. I'll let you know hen the update is ready.

It's being worked on. I'll let you know hen the update is ready.

Great support as ever, it is appreciated, many thanks!

Windows 11 PC, Roon, HQPlayer, Focus Fidelity convolutions, iFi Zen Stream, Paul Hynes SR4, Mutec REF10, Mutec MC3+USB, Devialet 1000Pro, KEF Blade.  Plus Pro-Ject Signature 12 TT for playing my 'legacy' vinyl collection. Desktop system; RME ADI-2 DAC fs, Meze Empyrean headphones.

• 3 weeks later...

Is there an update coming that will eliminate the pops when playing DSD or changing formats and sample rates?

If I use DoP, I don't get any pops. However, I can't use DoP for DSD512. I'm concerned I may damage my speakers if I forget to lower the volume when the format is going to change between songs.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Is there an update coming that will eliminate the pops when playing DSD or changing formats and sample rates?

If I use DoP, I don't get any pops. However, I can't use DoP for DSD512. I'm concerned I may damage my speakers if I forget to lower the volume when the format is going to change between songs.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Nothing to report on it yet.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

wondering if anybody can help; new to microRendu.

I'm playing in DLNA mode with Minimserver on my NAS, and am trying to play dsf (64 and 128) files via DOP (as the dac is Amanero USB based), but when I press the dsf file file to be played nothing happens; this happens also when I try to enable direct DSD (the dac does play native dsd in itself) so there seems to be no differentiation between DOP and Native i.e. it simply is not played or queued in the playlist.

Below is what the microRendu retrieves from the dac:

0) USB Audio Class Digital alsa audio output interface `hw:0,0'
 - device name       = Combo384 Amanero                                            
 - interface name    = USB Audio                                                   
 - usb audio class   = 2 - isochronous asynchronous                                
 - character device  = /dev/snd/pcmC0D0p                                           
 - encoding formats  = S32_LE                                                      
 - monitor file      = /proc/asound/card0/pcm0p/sub0/hw_params                     
 - stream file       = /proc/asound/card0/stream0                                  

Am I missing something ?

Many thanks

Stefano

44 minutes ago, sbilotta said:

Hi,

wondering if anybody can help; new to microRendu.

I'm playing in DLNA mode with Minimserver on my NAS, and am trying to play dsf (64 and 128) files via DOP (as the dac is Amanero USB based), but when I press the dsf file file to be played nothing happens; this happens also when I try to enable direct DSD (the dac does play native dsd in itself) so there seems to be no differentiation between DOP and Native i.e. it simply is not played or queued in the playlist.

Below is what the microRendu retrieves from the dac:

0) USB Audio Class Digital alsa audio output interface `hw:0,0'
 - device name       = Combo384 Amanero                                            
 - interface name    = USB Audio                                                   
 - usb audio class   = 2 - isochronous asynchronous                                
 - character device  = /dev/snd/pcmC0D0p                                           
 - encoding formats  = S32_LE                                                      
 - monitor file      = /proc/asound/card0/pcm0p/sub0/hw_params                     
 - stream file       = /proc/asound/card0/stream0                                  

Am I missing something ?

Many thanks

Stefano

Which DLNA server are you using?

I tried changing endpoint. Before (and above) I was using Kinsky while now I tried with the Lumin app on my iPhone and this time it works (via DOP). Retried with Kinsky and it doesn't work i.e. nothing happens when you select the dsf audio file to be played.

Is this simply a glitch or am I doing something wrong with Kinsky ?

Thanks !

2 hours ago, sbilotta said:

I tried changing endpoint. Before (and above) I was using Kinsky while now I tried with the Lumin app on my iPhone and this time it works (via DOP). Retried with Kinsky and it doesn't work i.e. nothing happens when you select the dsf audio file to be played.

Is this simply a glitch or am I doing something wrong with Kinsky ?

Thanks !

That is an old program. I would switch to their new application called Kazoo. Also, for this you need to follow this setup:

https://www.computeraudiophile.com/forums/topic/27851-sonicorbiter-tidalqobuz-setup-with-openhome/

I haven't been keeping up with this thread like I used to, but I thought not too long ago I read there had been some beta firmware, or whatever, upgrade to the uRendu so that it'd play DSD512 fine with the T+A DAC 8 DSD. Was that true, is there something in the works there and making progress, or am I confusing some posts I read? 

21 hours ago, Dr Tone said:

Can anyone confirm that Native DSD256 is working with the McIntosh C47, C52 or C2600 preamps.  They all have the same DAC.

The need to have the same USB interface. Anyway, if it's not on the list above they are not supported. 

• 3 months later...
On 2/3/2017 at 8:32 PM, delboy123 said:

I got advice from Lampi that I shouldn't try upgrading firmware yet. It may void the warranty. Besides they said they have tried a few firmwares from Amanero and none of them pass.... Looks like another long wait.....

Hi

Finally got advice from Lampi that 1099c firmware for my Atlantic is good to go. So I took courage, opened the box tonight and updated the flash. 

I can confirm that my Lampi Atlantic now plays dsd256 native with microrendu without any problems :)

Hurray finally! 

Instructions below. For myself I have to download the Amanero windows 10 drivers from their website. 

Good luck! 

Please use PC computer with windows

Unzip the package

Run the OEMTOOL software from the package

Connect the DAC to power and to USB cable to the Windows

You must be on-line in the internet. 
Open the DAC top to gain access to Amanero board 

Find on Amanero board the THREE  holes connectors in the middle of the upper longer edge. One of the holes is SQUARE and two are round

Using a short piece of metal wire, staple, or a tool like small tweezers or scissors - Short the square hole with the middle one next to it (while DAC is powered up) and hold the short for 3 seconds and release,

After the short the memory of firmware was erased.
Power down the DAC by removing AC cable for 10 seconds. Power up again.
Go to OEMTOOL and go to first tab and choose to flash CPLD.
choose from the list 1080 Revision CPLD

See the green line of progress to move slowly gradually and to reach 100% in about 10 seconds.

Run FLASH CPU
choose from the list 1099C Revision CPU

See the green line of progress to move slowly gradually and to reach 100% in about 10 seconds.

If the messages are positive like (firmware successfuly uploaded or something like that ) go to LAST TAB and select the tick of the box under F0-1.2.3.
Click button WRITE FLASH and wait for confirmation of success.

Inside the OEMTOOL there is a PDF of this manual.

Power down the DAC and power again - it is ready.

If green lines of progress don’t run gradually for a couple of seconds - the programming isn’t going well. Super rapid or super slow progress is a bad sign.

There is a possibility that after erasing the Amanero will not be recognized by the Windows and Windows will say : “unrecognized device detected” and there is no driver to recognize the device.
Remember - this is NOT AMANERO anymore but an anonymous USB modem. You must click on that device and find a driver - this works automatically. After that the Windows will recognize correctly the device. After we program it by OEMTOOL it will become Amanero again.

If Windows doesnt want to add drivers for Amanero, , then it  has windows protection in place, that prevents installation of non-Windows certified drivers.
You must reboot Windows, hold F8 during boot, and when a list of boot options appears you must choose last one (I think) which says Start without driver protection.
Then the drivers will install smoothly. 

If the driver is installed, it is important to see if the Windows recognizes properly the Amanero Combo 384 on the device tree. 
You must go to System - hardware - see the hardware tree, and plug the USB and see where the new USB device is recognized and what comes up. Is it with yellow warning flag with big question mark ? 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

@vortecjr I am wondering if the Singxer su1 is on the list of units that the mR and recently uR are capable of Dsd 512 with? 

I have had Dsd 512 with no issues using Roon however when I offload the upsampling to Hq player I get pops, glitches and drop outs. 

Its been a bit of an endless persuit to get it functional with not only the Sonore products but the direct competition as well to the same result. 

Hq player dsd 256 seems to play fine. 

The Singxer su1 requires windows drivers to function at dsd 512, knowing this I had all but closed the door on it thinking it must be a limitation of windows drivers-Linux NAA however I recently tried another Linux based NAA and play back itself functions perfectly at Dsd 512 as the Hq player NAA with Roon doing the library function. 

No other changes were made so I'm left not knowing what the issue is here. Also it is a bit of a mystery why Roon seems to function at dsd512 in the same set up. This has also been repeated in two other friends systems and I have personally tried 7 diff switches, 3 different dacs , 3 diff Su1's, Firewalls disabled on comp and router, fibre in and out and 5 diff NAA units as well as replacing all Ethernet cables. 

Hoping to get an idea, some direction and hopefully a fix. 

Has as anyone else run into this issue with Hq player Dsd 512 -Singxer Su1 and the NAAs?

Hq player on its own is the same result. Removing the Rendu , for testing, and going Computer direct Su1 with USB was successful for Dsd 512. 

Have posted in a couple of other threads along the way not knowing where the issue lay which has finally landed here. Hope it's the right spot! 

Is anyone doing Dsd 512 with Hq player into a Rendu successfully? 

Thank you. 

What version of the Sonicorbiter are you using? When was the last time you hit update from sonicorbiter.com? What router do you have? Is the unit connected directly to the router via ethernet? What computer do you have and is it connected directly to the router via ethernet? You might want to post your HQ player configuration as well. No clue if this will help, but just curious.  

@vortecjr thanks for the quick reply. Both my mR and uR are 2.5 os and 1.3 board in the mR. They were routinely updated along the way including most recently before I tried to play anything through the uR and before sending the mR to a friend to see if he would have different results. 

I have a windows I7 6700k based computer - netgear fs108 switch ( connected to router by single Ethernet cable)  the computer is ethernet into the switch as is the fmc (removing fibre was the same outcome) Netgear switch-fmc-fmc- mR/uR-Singxer su1-i2s-Gustard x20 pro (tried 2 diff units) and now LKS da004. 

I've attached the Hq settings I've been using recently but have gone through most of the single stage filters with no change in function. The buffer is also maxed. 

When using the Holo drivers (windows)I noticed it had a Holo control function which also allowed for an increase in buffer time. When the Singxer is put back in the system from the USB off the computer it loses that function. 

The question I wondered on this is weather the Rendus have a built in buffer time?

could this potentially be the issue?

The friend who tried the mR had a similar set up with different Router, switch and  an Apple computer. He experienced very similar results. Worse results on the competitors units at another friends using my windows computer in his system with Gigabit fibre and a managed switch. 

Is this set up working for others with Hq Player NAA involved for dsd 512? 

Thanks again. 

IMG_0900.JPG

25 minutes ago, Allander said:

@vortecjr thanks for the quick reply. Both my mR and uR are 2.5 os and 1.3 board in the mR. They were routinely updated along the way including most recently before I tried to play anything through the uR and before sending the mR to a friend to see if he would have different results. 

I have a windows I7 6700k based computer - netgear fs108 switch ( connected to router by single Ethernet cable)  the computer is ethernet into the switch as is the fmc (removing fibre was the same outcome) Netgear switch-fmc-fmc- mR/uR-Singxer su1-i2s-Gustard x20 pro (tried 2 diff units) and now LKS da004. 

I've attached the Hq settings I've been using recently but have gone through most of the single stage filters with no change in function. The buffer is also maxed. 

When using the Holo drivers (windows)I noticed it had a Holo control function which also allowed for an increase in buffer time. When the Singxer is put back in the system from the USB off the computer it loses that function. 

The question I wondered on this is weather the Rendus have a built in buffer time?

could this potentially be the issue?

The friend who tried the mR had a similar set up with different Router, switch and  an Apple computer. He experienced very similar results. Worse results on the competitors units at another friends using my windows computer in his system with Gigabit fibre and a managed switch. 

Is this set up working for others with Hq Player NAA involved for dsd 512? 

Thanks again. 

IMG_0900.JPG

I only have a few comments. I don't think you should max the buffer...more is not necessarily better. Also, you might want to lower the max volume even more from -3db.