IGNORED

Prism Sound Callia DAC/Preamp

Why do UK audio manufacturers and one Canadian radio manufacturer have the power inlet on the left and everyone else has the power inlet on the right or right of centre. Makes it simple to have the (noisy) stuff on the one side of a rack and the signals on the other side.

Mixing left to right invites proximity problems, unless the AC cables are shielded or a Supra AC Cable.

AS Profile Equipment List        Say NO to MQA

Why do UK audio manufacturers and one Canadian radio manufacturer have the power inlet on the left and everyone else has the power inlet on the right or right of centre. Makes it simple to have the (noisy) stuff on the one side of a rack and the signals on the other side.

Mixing left to right invites proximity problems, unless the AC cables are shielded or a Supra AC Cable.

Because UK audio manufacturers and one Canadian radio manufacturer are correct and everyone else is wrong of course :-)

Influenced by you all driving on the wrong side of the road I expect!

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.

Because UK audio manufacturers and one Canadian radio manufacturer are correct and everyone else is wrong of course :-)

Influenced by you all driving on the wrong side of the road I expect!

Yes much like the Pin 2 + and Pin 3- XLR fiasco, MDY vs DMY, purse/handbag, center/centre, AC hot pin in the right of Power outlets vs AC hot pin on the left, Ground pin at top/Ground pin at bottom, Toggle down is on/off, it's as if the message didn't get through, Chinese Whispers to the fore!

AS Profile Equipment List        Say NO to MQA

Yes much like the Pin 2 + and Pin 3- XLR fiasco, MDY vs DMY, purse/handbag, center/centre, AC hot pin in the right of Power outlets vs AC hot pin on the left, Ground pin at top/Ground pin at bottom, Toggle down is on/off, it's as if the message didn't get through, Chinese Whispers to the fore!

You forgot the hot/cold water taps and light switches with up = off.

• 2 weeks later...

No, it was deliberate on the part of the Americans! You lot will never forget 1776 will you?

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.

• 4 months later...