IGNORED

Sonore microRendu

38 minutes ago, steven.y said:

You can obtain MR ip-address from Roon setting pane.  Then access to MR via IP-address, e.g., http://10.22.33.44/ .

- Steven.

I was wrong.  We cannot know IP address of MR with Roon app.  Instead, we must use other method to obtain it.

Sorry for confused

Steven

Today I faced a problem with a USB upgrade module on my MSB Platinum IV Plus DAC:

Before:

Antipodes server (Linux) - Microrendu - MSB DAC (up to DSD64) works okay

Now:

Antipodes server (Linux) - Microrendu - MSB DAC (upgraded to DSD128 USB module) cannot playback files > 16/48kHz.

What happen is that Squeezelite will be "stopped" and nothing plays.

I do not understand what could be the problem here.

Please kindly assist. Thank you.

6 hours ago, shsoh said:

Today I faced a problem with a USB upgrade module on my MSB Platinum IV Plus DAC:

Before:

Antipodes server (Linux) - Microrendu - MSB DAC (up to DSD64) works okay

Now:

Antipodes server (Linux) - Microrendu - MSB DAC (upgraded to DSD128 USB module) cannot playback files > 16/48kHz.

What happen is that Squeezelite will be "stopped" and nothing plays.

I do not understand what could be the problem here.

Please kindly assist. Thank you.

You only have issues with 16/48k?

2 hours ago, vortecjr said:

You only have issues with 16/48k?

Other than 16/44k and 16/48k files, I have issues with higher res files.

I have only swapped hardware and didn't make any changes on the software side.

I tried removing the Rendu from the chain (Antipodes - DAC) , playback is fine using iPeng for all files up to DSD64.  But DSD128 files are playing back in 24/176k now. I do not know what has happened suddenly. MSB says it is my software that is now playing DSD128 in 24/176 PCM format.

I can help you with the Rendu. What version of the SonicOrbiter is the Rendu on? When was the last time you updated it? Assuming your on SO 2.7 which has been updated recently go to Settings / SqueezeLite, clear any custom settings you have entered, and press Save. Now play DSD64 though the system and go to Apps / DAC Diagnostics and post all the information here. 

I'm running on OS 2.7. But the strangest thing happened:

This evening, I hooked back the Rendu into the chain and all DSD 128 files can now be played successfully.

I tested just this morning and it was still playing back in 24/176k without the Rendu in the chain.

Hope that this will continue with no problem. Will monitor closely.

I'm happy again.

• 2 weeks later...

I recently upgraded to the Optical Sig Rendu SE and I am wanting to let a friend try my microrendu. Previously he was strictly vinyl but some of his friends have enlightened him to the world of hi-rez digital and streaming. He chose an Aria several years ago to store his music. Does anyone have experience with somehow using an Aria with a microrendu. I would enjoy hearing anyone's ideas. 

Thank you

2 hours ago, drdkey said:

He chose an Aria several years ago to store his music. Does anyone have experience with somehow using an Aria with a microrendu.

I have no direct experience except to say if he has an Aria music server, and that unit despite now being a few years old has the same DLNA/UPnP server capabilities as their current offering, then it's no sweat to use the microRendu as a streamer/endpoint using the MPD/DLNA Renderer app in Sonicoribiter.

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook

Boycott Warner Music Group

• 2 weeks later...

Well as usual I'm several years late to this particular party, however I recently picked up a secondhand microRendu with the 1.4 board and Signature power supply. It is running the latest version of SonicOrbiter which is a benefit as I thought I might have to send off for a new micro SD card.

I finally set it up this evening and am listening as I type. It was very easy to set up, the hardest bit being getting the microRendu to stay put on my "shelf" given the mass of the wires attached to it.

Sound quality into my Lampizator Atlantic is frankly excellent, much better than with USB direct from my Mac Mini with MMK kit and JS-2 power supply which is now relegated to another room. I'm using a Lush USB cable and the sound is detailed but rich. I couldn't be happier!

David Whistance

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/21/2019 at 5:42 AM, satbaba said:

Microrendu NAA + Hqplayer oynarken Fidelizer veya AudiophileOptimizer kullanıyor mu?

it doesn't seem to help me, I wonder if I'm wrong

I'm not certain what that software does and if it's relevant to streaming over a network to an endpoint. 

• 2 months later...

Just replaced SO 2.7 with SO 2.8 on my microRendu and is working fine. While I was not pleased that my Rendu just stopped working and was told by Jesus to purchase 2.8 at $29 as the most likely fix. Andrew at SGC gave prompt service and all is well. Thanks.

CJH

2 hours ago, rwbullock said:

image.png.91a8f2d2bfe9eaa9f16c3f2b7f039e9d.png 

I want you to try this:

1. Connect the Mac computer to the router via WiFi only.

2. Connect one of the network extender to the router.

3. Connect the other network extender to the Rendu.

4. Go to the www.sonicorbiter.com and see if the Rendu shows up now.

Thanks again, I don't know what 'synch the extenders' means but the two extenders do seem to be communicating fine. I can plug in my laptop without wi fi  to the upstairs one and I connect to the internet.  But, my computer still doesn't recognize the micro Rendu or the Dac.  What should I try next?

6 hours ago, rwbullock said:

Fyi I poked around other forums and it seems the blinking amber LED light is normal. But the micro rendu/DAC still aren't working.

What device are you using to browse the internet to find the unit? You can also connect the unit to the router directly as a test.You can also connect the unit directly to the router as a test.