IGNORED

Sonore microRendu

I am not getting connectivity from the microrendu to the dac. in mysonicorbiter I go to dac diagnostics and it shows no dac connected. I tried rebooting the microrendu, tried shutting down the dac and restarting but nothing seems to work. I even pulled the power plug from the rendu and then reinserted. Would appreciate some guidance. I am using Hqplayer.

6 hours ago, Theobetley said:

I am not getting connectivity from the microrendu to the dac. in mysonicorbiter I go to dac diagnostics and it shows no dac connected. I tried rebooting the microrendu, tried shutting down the dac and restarting but nothing seems to work. I even pulled the power plug from the rendu and then reinserted. Would appreciate some guidance. I am using Hqplayer.

https://audiophilestyle.com/forums/topic/26730-sonore-microrendu/?do=findComment&comment=974446

7 minutes ago, bkaudio211 said:

I don’t have another power supply with the correct output. The mR still gets warm though no other function occurs. Probably best if I ship it back to you. 

If it's warm what you can do is pick up a new micro SD card from our website and see if that fixes it. 

https://www.sonore.us/SonicOrbiter-OS.html

I'm suddenly having a very strange issue, for the first time, with what appears to be either the Microrendu or, at the very least the extremely useful Shairport software. Here is what is happening. I was using the system to listen to the WFMT stream of "The Midnight Special" program earlier this week. That stream sometimes has an occasional odd problem, and at first, I thought it must just be that. During the musical selections they play on a given weeks show, sometimes at the beginning of a song, sometimes in the middle, or sometimes all that way through a song (though that is rare) the music becomes distorted, to varying degrees, and occasionally suddenly actually sped up. 

Last night, the same thing happened on a completely unrelated music stream from Music From The Hearts Of Space. Clearly, it was not tied to whatever was being streamed. There were also two different iPad's involved, so that eliminates an individual iPad or their Airplay software/interface. It also happened, on the one occasion, while using an integrated amp, and on the second occasion, on a headphone amp. That seems to leave only the MicroRendu or "possibly" the Shairport software? 

I tried power failing the MicroRendu, rebooting it, restarting Shairport, nothing changes the fact that it still appears at times during a 2-3 hour streaming listening session. My software on the MicroRendu is also up to date. Any thoughts, assistance or recommendations on how to address this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

JC 

On 9/15/2019 at 12:21 AM, TubeLover said:

I'm suddenly having a very strange issue, for the first time, with what appears to be either the Microrendu or, at the very least the extremely useful Shairport software. Here is what is happening. I was using the system to listen to the WFMT stream of "The Midnight Special" program earlier this week. That stream sometimes has an occasional odd problem, and at first, I thought it must just be that. During the musical selections they play on a given weeks show, sometimes at the beginning of a song, sometimes in the middle, or sometimes all that way through a song (though that is rare) the music becomes distorted, to varying degrees, and occasionally suddenly actually sped up. 

Last night, the same thing happened on a completely unrelated music stream from Music From The Hearts Of Space. Clearly, it was not tied to whatever was being streamed. There were also two different iPad's involved, so that eliminates an individual iPad or their Airplay software/interface. It also happened, on the one occasion, while using an integrated amp, and on the second occasion, on a headphone amp. That seems to leave only the MicroRendu or "possibly" the Shairport software? 

I tried power failing the MicroRendu, rebooting it, restarting Shairport, nothing changes the fact that it still appears at times during a 2-3 hour streaming listening session. My software on the MicroRendu is also up to date. Any thoughts, assistance or recommendations on how to address this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

JC 

I haven't heard of this before. What version of Sonic Orbiter do you have?

27 minutes ago, vortecjr said:

I think he's using the 45 version when he should be using the 33 1/3.

[Sorry, I'll go away now....  😉]

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

6 hours ago, vortecjr said:

Version 2.7. Although I would not have thought that the sonicorbiter would be involved in using Shairport and the MicroRendu?

And this I agree this is a very strange problem. While streaming last night, there were seven interruptions of distortion over the two hours I listened. They varied from a kind of high pitched screeching, to slowing down to almost silence except for a few slow sounds, to sputtering back and forth from normal to distorted and back again, sometimes briefly speeding up, and down, to the aforementioned speeding up. And again, I believe I have isolated this to the MicroRendu, and/or the Shairport app, or, the Sonic Orbite, in addition, "if" it is actually involved. And please note that this only happens as described, it has never happened in Roon playback. 

JC

8 hours ago, TubeLover said:

Version 2.7. Although I would not have thought that the sonicorbiter would be involved in using Shairport and the MicroRendu?

And this I agree this is a very strange problem. While streaming last night, there were seven interruptions of distortion over the two hours I listened. They varied from a kind of high pitched screeching, to slowing down to almost silence except for a few slow sounds, to sputtering back and forth from normal to distorted and back again, sometimes briefly speeding up, and down, to the aforementioned speeding up. And again, I believe I have isolated this to the MicroRendu, and/or the Shairport app, or, the Sonic Orbite, in addition, "if" it is actually involved. And please note that this only happens as described, it has never happened in Roon playback. 

JC

Weird! I don't know how to help you except to ask some questions. Does this happen with other Airplay streams? Which DAC? What are the network devices? router, switch, etc.    

2 hours ago, vortecjr said:

Weird! I don't know how to help you except to ask some questions. Does this happen with other Airplay streams? Which DAC? What are the network devices? router, switch, etc.    

I agree this is strange indeed. I only really use the two streams, each from completely different sources, one from an FM station, one from an online music subscription. In the past, there has not been a problem with either. I've tried two different DAC's without any change. And, I did discuss the matter with someone involved in DAC design, and he ruled that out, saying it was simply not possible for a DAC to speed up a stream, that only whatever source was playing the music could remotely have that effect. The other components are a standard, Comcast/Xfinity cable modem (about six months old) and a top of the line Linksys WRT1900ACS router. 

JC

8 hours ago, TubeLover said:

I agree this is strange indeed. I only really use the two streams, each from completely different sources, one from an FM station, one from an online music subscription. In the past, there has not been a problem with either. I've tried two different DAC's without any change. And, I did discuss the matter with someone involved in DAC design, and he ruled that out, saying it was simply not possible for a DAC to speed up a stream, that only whatever source was playing the music could remotely have that effect. The other components are a standard, Comcast/Xfinity cable modem (about six months old) and a top of the line Linksys WRT1900ACS router. 

JC

I want to be sure you have the latest SonicOrbiter. Go ahead and update the unit and reboot. 

Hi 

I have been using microrendu without issues for last 2 years and recently burrowed it to my friend who wanted to try it out, when he set the device he told me that the sonicorbiter.com does not find the device, but the strange thing is that roon is able to recognize it and he was able to play music through it even though it was not showing in my sonicorbiter page. 

He is in the same internet network and he is using the notebook as the roon core plus roon remote so I believe internet network is not an issue, is there a way to hard reset the device or any other ways to access the microrendu setting page?

He is okay at the moment but he says he needs to enable mr in the setting every time he turns on the core(turn on the notebook) and play roon. 

Any advise would be very appreciated. 

54 minutes ago, John K said:

Hi 

I have been using microrendu without issues for last 2 years and recently burrowed it to my friend who wanted to try it out, when he set the device he told me that the sonicorbiter.com does not find the device, but the strange thing is that roon is able to recognize it and he was able to play music through it even though it was not showing in my sonicorbiter page. 

He is in the same internet network and he is using the notebook as the roon core plus roon remote so I believe internet network is not an issue, is there a way to hard reset the device or any other ways to access the microrendu setting page?

He is okay at the moment but he says he needs to enable mr in the setting every time he turns on the core(turn on the notebook) and play roon. 

Any advise would be very appreciated. 

You can obtain MR ip-address from Roon setting pane.  Then access to MR via IP-address, e.g., http://10.22.33.44/ .

- Steven.