IGNORED

Sonore microRendu

Coming soon, MSRP TBD

Can you tell us when you think the price will come?

The price will be greatly impacted by the power supply option. What are your thoughts on the power supply you would likely need? Everyone is welcome to pitch in on this.

Options:

1. sold with no power supply

2. sold with iFi iPower power supply

3. sold with SOtM battery supply

4. sold with CIAudio linear supply

5. sold with Teddy Pardo linear supply

7. sold with Sonore Signature Series linear supply

Jesus R

I have already a nice power supply to go with the microrendu. Please provide an option with no power supply!

« Information is not knowledge / Knowledge is not wisdom / Wisdom is not truth / Truth is not beauty / Beauty is not love / Love is not music / MUSIC IS THE BEST. » FZ

The price will be greatly impacted by the power supply option. What are your thoughts on the power supply you would likely need? Everyone is welcome to pitch in on this.

Options:

Jesus R

I already have an extra iFi iPower sitting around ;) so I vote for "no power supply".

I'd think you'd want to offer a couple of add-on supplies, though.

John Walker - IT Executive

Headphone - SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable Ethernet > mRendu Roon endpoint > Topping D90 > Topping A90d > Dan Clark Expanse / HiFiMan H6SE v2 / HiFiman Arya Stealth

Home Theater / Music -SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable HDMI > Denon X3700h > Anthem Amp for front channels > Revel F208-based 5.2.4 Atmos speaker system

Options:

Jesus R

Hi Jesus.

I would like to see several options.

1- No power supply

3 - SOtM battery power supply - If this will help in galvanic isolation then I would like to see this as a option.

4 - CIAudio linear power supply - nice low cost option for people that need one and who do not want or need a battery power supply

7 - Sonore Signature Series power supply - For those who want the best possible sound, assuming that a high quality power supply can bring a worthwhile improvement with this new type of "server". Or does the design negate the need for this level of power supply. Or can we ever get enough clean power?

Ambassador for Sound Galleries Monaco and Taiko Audio The Netherlands 

Sound Test USA

[email protected]

Sound Galleries SGM 2015 Music Server>ROON-all rates up-sampled to DSD512 by HQ Player>Sablon Reserva 2017 USB>T+A DAC 8 DSD>Merrill Audio Veritas Ncore NC1200 Mono Amps>B&W 802D>High Fidelity Cables Interconnect, Speaker & Power Cords for Amps & SGM & T+A>Power Conditioning High Fidelity MC-6 Hemisphere>T+A & Hemisphere supported by Stillpoints Ultra Mini - B&W 802D & Veritas supported by Stillpoints Ultra SS>All sitting on IKEA Aptitlig bamboo butcher blocks - Taiko Audio Setchi active grounding on SGM & T+A

Options:

Is this list a reverse ranking regarding sound quality of the various power supplies? So the SSSLS is better than the TPLS and the TPLS better than the CIAudio.......?

Thanks

Matt

"I want to know why the musicians are on stage, not where". (John Farlowe)

Options:

Jesus R

Optional power supply as I would be an import customer in europe and I could save some money on the import duties associated with the power supply.

I guess there are plenty of power supplies to choose from.

you could team up with jussi and create a kind of a "lego" dac...assembled for the lazy ones like me..

A microrendu and Signalyst DSC1 already on a case...on top of a a power supply platform with outputs already optimized for both components.

I suspect it would kick some a** against higher-end alternatives.

I think you should offer:

a) no power supply;

b)iFi or similar relatively inexpensive but good quality;

c) one more that is more expensive, closer to SOTA or even SOTA PS

I don't know how the 5 you listed above sound in comparison to each other with the microRendu. You obviously can test and judge.

Thinking you can stock more than 2 or 3 supplies isn't realistic; on the other hand, all of those are available from their individual vendors, so for the ones you don't stock you could just give us recommendations on the cost/SQ level of each one. We can always buy one on our own.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

Options:

Jesus R

Any reason why not to offer all of them?

If not, I'd suggest 1, 2 + "best" mid-range + "best" high-end (where "best" is whichever you think is best bang-for-buck in context).

Options:

Thanks for offering a range of options.

--David

Listening Room: Mac mini (Roon Core) > iMac (HQP) > exaSound PlayPoint (as NAA) > exaSound e32 > W4S STP-SE > Benchmark AHB2 > Wilson Sophia Series 2 (Details)

Office: Mac Pro >  AudioQuest DragonFly Red > JBL LSR305

Mobile: iPhone 6S > AudioQuest DragonFly Black > JH Audio JH5

I am very interested in this solution, I have your Sonicorbiter SE and it really does sound wonderful. Ethernet to USB is really all I need so for me this would be great indeed. I am currently using the CIaudio power supply with the sonicorbiter so I like that you are offering different PS solutions as well.

ReadyNAS Ultra/6 stored flac->GigE network->roon->Uptone JS-2->microRendu->W4S Recovery->W4S DAC-2v2 SE>W4S STP-SE STG2 Preamp->W4S ST-1000 Amplifer->Von Schweikert VR-44

If I get a microRendu, I'll be using the Uptone Audio "Mystery" power supply that is in development. Why?

* Same electrical engineer hardware designer for both products so should be very compatible.

* Similar small form factor. Sonore is using the same case pioneered by Uptone in a longer size.

* Low noise solution to improve sound quality - John Swenson knows how to build a very low noise power supply.

* Will likely be very bulletproof - Regens, for example, have a very low failure rate.

My system here

I think you should offer:

a) no power supply;

b)iFi or similar relatively inexpensive but good quality;

c) one more that is more expensive, closer to SOTA or even SOTA PS

I don't know how the 5 you listed above sound in comparison to each other with the microRendu. You obviously can test and judge.

Thinking you can stock more than 2 or 3 supplies isn't realistic; on the other hand, all of those are available from their individual vendors, so for the ones you don't stock you could just give us recommendations on the cost/SQ level of each one. We can always buy one on our own.

+1

You shouldn't have to worry about stocking a boatload of power supplies, especially when so many seem interested in no ps. "None/good/better/best" should more than enough.

Digital Source: Synology DS415+ NAS  and Small Green Computer SonicTransporter i5 Running Roon Core > Blue Jean Cable Cat6a >TP optical converter > Sonore OpticalRendu with Sonore LPS> Curious USB > Denafrips Pontus DAC

Analog Source: Dynavector XX2 mk2> Audiomods Series 5 silver arm > Sota Nova Series VI turntable w/Condor & Roadrunner motor controller/tachometer > Nagra BPS battery powered phono stage>

Both: BAT VK51SE preamp> Krell FPB300 power amp > Sound Lab A3 ESLs > > Custom room treatment > 50 yr. old ears(left-handed)