IGNORED

Sonore microRendu

13 hours ago, Peter J said:

Thanks Jesus. Were, or are, there compatibility problems with Schiit? I thought I read it somewhere and I couldn't get mR to see Gungnir. 

As I recall, I needed to send mine in for updates beyond where the memory card took it. Is that correct?

I’ve never had a problem with my microRendu and Gumby. My Gumby has all the upgrades but it’s always worked with the MR, right from the get go. 

Thanks for the success reports, I'm gonna have to give it another go after installing latest sonicOrbiter card. It appears I don't need 1.4 model to do this, which is cool. It does beg the question though, of differences in the 1.3 and 1.4 versions. Is this info in this thread somewhere? I can't find it on Sonore site.

Silver box with blue light > smaller silver box with tiny lights > black box with blue display > black and silver box with glowing glass > reddish brown boxes > living room

1 hour ago, Peter J said:

Thanks for the success reports, I'm gonna have to give it another go after installing latest sonicOrbiter card. It appears I don't need 1.4 model to do this, which is cool. It does beg the question though, of differences in the 1.3 and 1.4 versions. Is this info in this thread somewhere? I can't find it on Sonore site.

1.4 versions have the Femto Clock.  This makes no difference in terms of what firmware works, it is a hardware change.

SO/ROON/HQPe: DSD 512-Sonore opticalModuleDeluxe-Signature Rendu optical with Well Tempered Clock--DIY DSC-2 DAC with SC Pure Clock--DIY Purifi Amplifier-Focus Audio FS888 speakers-JL E 112 sub-Nordost Tyr USB, DIY EventHorizon AC cables, Iconoclast XLR & speaker cables, Synergistic Purple Fuses, Spacetime system clarifiers.  ISOAcoustics Oreas footers.                                                       

SONORE computer audio

On 12/13/2018 at 7:46 AM, vortecjr said:

**Inventory update**

The microRendu is now back in stock and we have B-Stock microRendu available for purchase. The B-Stock microRendu have new processors, new mSD cards, new cases, new boxes, new warranty cards, and recertified I/O boards. 

I purchased one on Christmas Eve (gift to self ?). I look forward to getting it up and running. I've read quite a bit regarding set up, etc. but I'm wondering if this seems ok .. I have a Google WiFi mesh system and the server is an old Mac mini (2010, High Sierra, music on hard drive) connected to one of the WiFi points. Another WiFi point will connect to the mR. I'm using Asset UPnP right now but can change that if necessary (works great with Chromecast Audio and Hi-Fi Cast app). Any tips or comments would be appreciated. Thank you.

23 minutes ago, Melvin said:

I purchased one on Christmas Eve (gift to self ?). I look forward to getting it up and running. I've read quite a bit regarding set up, etc. but I'm wondering if this seems ok .. I have a Google WiFi mesh system and the server is an old Mac mini (2010, High Sierra, music on hard drive) connected to one of the WiFi points. Another WiFi point will connect to the mR. I'm using Asset UPnP right now but can change that if necessary (works great with Chromecast Audio and Hi-Fi Cast app). Any tips or comments would be appreciated. Thank you.

Looks similar to my system, and mine works fine, if that's any indication.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

Melvin, you probably know this, but the microrendu requires an ethernet connection to your network.  When you say it is "connected" to the wifi point, I assume you mean wired rather than wirelessly.  

Living room:  Synology 218+ NAS > NUC 10 i7 > HQP Embedded > xfinity Xfi Router > Netgear GS348 Switch > Sonore Optical Module Deluxe > Sonore Signature Rendu SE Optical Tier 2 > Okto DAC 8 Stereo > Topping Pre90 Preamp > Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini > Revel F32 Concertas

Computer Desk System: Synology DS-218+ NAS > Dell XPS 8930/NUC 10 i7  > HQP Desktop > xfinity Xfi Router > EtherRegen > ultraRendu > Topping D90 DAC > Audioengine A5+'s

I'm having issues with setting up my new microRendu with the Oppo UDP-205 as my USB DAC and ROON.   My server is a Roon ROCK with a network connection.  The microRendu is obviously also connected to the network and my network sees it just find (I can access the webpage for management of the microRendu).  My audio output device is a Marantz SR7012 using the CD input selection and setup to receive the corresponding analog stereo RCA input from the  Oppo UDP-205 dedicated unbalanced stereo RCA outs.  The microRendu has its USB output hooked up to the Oppo's UDP-205 USB DAC input.  ROON sees my microRendu and it is set to the correct zone.  ROON shows that it is playing something, but there is no sound and I don't think the Oppo sees anything being played either.  I know both the ROCK and microRendu are on a Linux operating system and should have the correct USB 2.0 audio drivers already installed (0ppo needs Windows audio DAC drivers to operate its DAC with a Windows PC, but that shouldn't have anything to do with the microRendu since it's on Linux Sonicorbiter).  It's probably something obvious that's escaping me, but I can't figure it out.  Does the Oppo need to be on certain settings to operate as a USB DAC or does it need certain firmware/software upgrades?  Any suggestions to steer me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated !!!

- john

40 minutes ago, da Choge said:

I'm having issues with setting up my new microRendu with the Oppo UDP-205 as my USB DAC and ROON.   My server is a Roon ROCK with a network connection.  The microRendu is obviously also connected to the network and my network sees it just find (I can access the webpage for management of the microRendu).  My audio output device is a Marantz SR7012 using the CD input selection and setup to receive the corresponding analog stereo RCA input from the  Oppo UDP-205 dedicated unbalanced stereo RCA outs.  The microRendu has its USB output hooked up to the Oppo's UDP-205 USB DAC input.  ROON sees my microRendu and it is set to the correct zone.  ROON shows that it is playing something, but there is no sound and I don't think the Oppo sees anything being played either.  I know both the ROCK and microRendu are on a Linux operating system and should have the correct USB 2.0 audio drivers already installed (0ppo needs Windows audio DAC drivers to operate its DAC with a Windows PC, but that shouldn't have anything to do with the microRendu since it's on Linux Sonicorbiter).  It's probably something obvious that's escaping me, but I can't figure it out.  Does the Oppo need to be on certain settings to operate as a USB DAC or does it need certain firmware/software upgrades?  Any suggestions to steer me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated !!!

- john

Update the unit and wait for Back to Main Menu link then reboot the unit. Then go to Settings / RoonReady and press Save. Start playback and from Apps / DAC Diagnostics look for Momentary Frequency. If it has a rate then it’s playing and your issue is elsewhere. 

59 minutes ago, Mike Rubin said:

Melvin, you probably know this, but the microrendu requires an ethernet connection to your network.  When you say it is "connected" to the wifi point, I assume you mean wired rather than wirelessly.  

Yes, I'll be running an ethernet cable from the WiFi point to the mR. My coverage is excellent so I'm hoping it works well. I do the same with my Chromecast Audio and UGREEN adapter and it works great.

5 hours ago, vortecjr said:

Update the unit and wait for Back to Main Menu link then reboot the unit. Then go to Settings / RoonReady and press Save. Start playback and from Apps / DAC Diagnostics look for Momentary Frequency. If it has a rate then it’s playing and your issue is elsewhere. 

JR:

Thanks very much.  Tested as suggested, and as I suspected, the microRendu is working A-OK.  I'm quite embarrassed to admit it here , but it was with my Oppo settings.   It's been so long since I have had to change an INPUT on the Oppo, that I guess I assumed input selection was an automatic feature of the Oppo.  Only include this info here in case other "newbies" setting up the microRendu with the Oppo DAC run into this issue.  The input selection on the Oppo is a discrete feature and not automatic; the only obvious way to change inputs for the Oppo is with the remote.  I imagine it can be done on the front panel, but it's not intuitive at all.  Obviously, the input one should select is the USB Audio; the Oppo does not select if for you ?.  BTW, the microRendu is an awesome product for the price (as so many others have already recognized).

10 hours ago, da Choge said:

JR:

Thanks very much.  Tested as suggested, and as I suspected, the microRendu is working A-OK.  I'm quite embarrassed to admit it here , but it was with my Oppo settings.   It's been so long since I have had to change an INPUT on the Oppo, that I guess I assumed input selection was an automatic feature of the Oppo.  Only include this info here in case other "newbies" setting up the microRendu with the Oppo DAC run into this issue.  The input selection on the Oppo is a discrete feature and not automatic; the only obvious way to change inputs for the Oppo is with the remote.  I imagine it can be done on the front panel, but it's not intuitive at all.  Obviously, the input one should select is the USB Audio; the Oppo does not select if for you ?.  BTW, the microRendu is an awesome product for the price (as so many others have already recognized).

Enjoy...

8 hours ago, Melvin said:

Well, my mR arrived today. Only 1 glitch .. it took me a while to realize I couldn't configure it with VPN running on my browser. As soon as I shut it off the unit was found. Success. Sounds great so far.

Yes, it does not like VPNs. Good catch...enjoy!

3 hours ago, Melvin said:

Naturally, I've been listening to music I'm most familiar with and, without getting all hyperbolic, the increase in fidelity is kind of jaw-dropping.

That is the quote of the day:) The microRendu is very popular and well regarded. It's very satisfying to see people still enjoying them. 

43 minutes ago, audiez said:

1st post. . Happy New Year to all. . . just received a Microrendu with sw ver 2.3. Tried updating to latest 2.7. . . proceeded. .  then reboot. . . Afterwards still sw ver 2.3 is shown.  . . any help will be appreciated

2.7 requires a new SD card from Sonore. It is $20 USD if memory serves.

Thanks for your reply. Tried buying the upgrade sd card (ver 2.7) online, but got the message "out of stock" during paypal checkout. Hope something will be done by Sonore on this issue, because I have tidal subscription and want to use it on microrendu.

1 hour ago, bobflood said:

2.7 requires a new SD card from Sonore. It is $20 USD if memory serves.

Is it because the upgrade is from 2.3?  I can't remember what version of the software I had to start (may have been 2.4 or 2.5 or even 2.3), but step by step I've brought it to 2.7.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.