IGNORED

Sonore microRendu

5 minutes ago, R1200CL said:

I was ready to purchase, but I just notice that the LPS-1.2 actually requires 36 W minimum. 

So so I suppose I will need something else.

Huh?  Why were you considering the SGC LPS in the first place for charging of your UltraCap LPS-1.2 units?  

The charging supply is only ever charging the bank of supercaps that is 100% disconnected (and isolated by optocouplers and separate ground/power domains) from the output at any given moment.  That is the whole point of the sophisticated UltraCap design.

[Andreas, you know I’ve written this 100 times. So if you want to argue the point, let’s do so elsewhere than in the microRendu thread of the Sonore forum. 9_9]

1 hour ago, R1200CL said:

@vortecjr @agillis

I was ready to purchase, but I just notice that the LPS-1.2 actually requires 36 W minimum. 

So so I suppose I will need something else.

They are not intended for use as a charger for LPS-1 series. 

Just got back from a two week vacation and the Lumin software that I use with my MicroRendu isn't seeing the MicroRendu. I have rebooted it several times, updated the software (even though it wasn't needed) and powered my iPad off  and on several times and still no change.The Lumin software I use is only seeing my Samsung Smart TV. I had five hours of work this afternoon and no music for the first ninety minutes. Very frustrating.

JC

Finally got things working. All of a sudden, after over an hour and a half of effort, without anything having changed since the reboots, etc, clicking on the Samsung tv in Lumin it brought up the option of connecting to the MicroRendu. This is yet another reason that I'm getting ready to change to Roon!

JC

If you updated today you would have got some new things coming in because we are always working behind the scene. The DLNA / MPD protocol was recently updated and inorder to work with the Lumin APP you have to go to Settings / DLNA / MPD and select it and press Save. You can switch to Roon if you like, but this is very stable. 

Quote of the day:

This is uninitiated honest feedback from a customer...

"I think, and my personal testing bears out, Roon sounds better when you have the Core on the network in a different room talking to a Roon Enpoint (I prefer the ultraRendu). The NUC is electrically much noisier than the microRendu or ultraRendu and that does not help sound quality."

FYI I fixed a spelling mistake (in red) in the quote. 

On 11/21/2018 at 1:28 AM, Em2016 said:

Yes, the "Direct SDM" setting in HQPe.

So as I mentioned before, if you have Roon do the DSD512 up-sampling, you can have HQPe essentially in pass-through mode with the Direct SDM setting.

But this is only related to DSD. 

There is no PCM pass-through ?

**Inventory update**

The microRendu is now back in stock and we have B-Stock microRendu available for purchase. The B-Stock microRendu have new processors, new mSD cards, new cases, new boxes, new warranty cards, and recertified I/O boards. 

On 12/13/2018 at 7:46 AM, vortecjr said:

**Inventory update**

The microRendu is now back in stock and we have B-Stock microRendu available for purchase. The B-Stock microRendu have new processors, new mSD cards, new cases, new boxes, new warranty cards, and recertified I/O boards. 

New processors? Does this make them 1.4's?

Tidal / Qobuz--> Roon--> Fios Gigabit--> Netgear Prosafe GS105 --> Supra 8-->EtherRegen --> Fiber--> opticalRendu / CI Audio LPS --> Curious Evolved Link --> Chord Qutest--> AQ Water --> Belles Aria Integrated--> AQ Robin Hood--> Kudos Super 20's

So I want to stream from Tidal to my microrendu. Pretty simple setup - Windows 8.1 PC on a home network, fiber optic cable from switch to microrendu with TP-Link media converters, to Ayre Codex into my pre-amp. Everything works great with Roon and I recently learned how to use the 2.7 software update to stream Spotify. I found the "Updates to Tidal and Qobuz streaming" on page 194 of this thread. When I go to the Microsoft web page to download Linn Kazoo it says that I own the app. When I click on "Install on my devices" I get this message :

Where do you want to install?
It looks like you don’t have any applicable device(s) linked to your Microsoft account. To install, sign in on a device with your Microsoft account.

and the "Install Now" box is grayed out. What's my next move?

Also just want to verify that this is the most effective way to stream Tidal to my microrendu.

Thanks!

ARC Ref 5SE, ARC Ref Phono 2, Ayre MX-R Twenty monoblocks, VPI Scoutmaster, Clearaudio Concerto, BAT VK- D5SE, Vandersteen 5a, Ayre Codex, Senore microRendu with HD-Plex Linear power supply

Jesus or others, I wonder if you could take a moment and catch me up on the latest for microRendu? I don't frequent forums and really don't stay up-to-date, I'm afraid. Truth is, I'm not a constant futzer and for the most part, want things to plug and play.

A couple of years ago, I purchased a new microRendu and an Uptone LPS-1. This attached to a W4S DAC2. As I recall it was a little quirky to set up and work with JRiver, but I got it done. I remember doing an update of a memory card, but have never sent it back for further updates.

A year or so ago, I purchased a Schiit Gungnir Multi bit gen 5 and had difficultly getting mR to recognize DAC. I tried but failed to get it done and remember reading something about the incompatibility of the two. At this point, I shelved, well actually, drawered it and moved along without it, not willing to futz further.

I guess my questions are:

1. Where am I in the evolution chain with mRendu? Is it worth doing anything in the way of upgrades too?

2. Have the communication problems with Gungnir resolved and if so, what do I need to do to get the two to talk?

Any and all help appreciated. I'm accumulating too much unused equipment and need to either pare it down or put it to use.

Silver box with blue light > smaller silver box with tiny lights > black box with blue display > black and silver box with glowing glass > reddish brown boxes > living room

The Rendu project’s software is always being worked on so depending where you left off there have been a lot of updates. Currently, we are on version 2.7 of SonicOrbiter. Not sure what your issue was with JRiver. On our end to enable the MPD DLNA output all that is needed is to go to Settings and press Save. 

Thanks Jesus. Were, or are, there compatibility problems with Schiit? I thought I read it somewhere and I couldn't get mR to see Gungnir. 

As I recall, I needed to send mine in for updates beyond where the memory card took it. Is that correct?

Silver box with blue light > smaller silver box with tiny lights > black box with blue display > black and silver box with glowing glass > reddish brown boxes > living room