IGNORED

Sonore microRendu

1 hour ago, sockpit said:

I’ve been hoping and asking for this for ages!  Excellent news.  So my Qobuz OiS app cant see my uRendu, but I’ll play with it more. 

As ive said repeatedly, th Qobuz app is really, really nice.

The issue here might be that either it does not support the feature or you are connected via cellular and it will not see a local device on the network. 

1 hour ago, sockpit said:

Ok, so I suspect trying to make this work on my iPad Qobuz app is futile.  I suspect the feature is only available on their Mac desktop app right now.

When I try that, the app recognizes the mR and let's me select it, but there is no sound.

I have OpenHome with BubbleUPnP Server up and running (for my Lumin app; turned off) but that version of my Rendu-OH does not show up in the Qobuz desktop app . . . yet.

Which should I expect to pop up?  The direct rendu or the OH version?

thanks.

Not sure we do not know what they are doing. When you select it and press play what does DAC Diagnostics show, if anything, for momentary frequency? Is it known to work with any other device? 

2 hours ago, vortecjr said:

Not sure we do not know what they are doing. When you select it and press play what does DAC Diagnostics show, if anything, for momentary frequency? Is it known to work with any other device? 

Not Sonore's fault, no worries.  I'm patient and trust Qobuz will work it out.  If there is anything I can do to move the process along, say so.

The feature is only available on the desktop app (Apple is what I use) in beta.  I imagine it will in not too distant future be part of the iPad app, which will be fantastic.

When I toggle between "Built-in Output" and my mR the player stops playing every time and resumes when I switch back to Built In.  Diagnostics show the DAC's status as Stop throughout.  Here is a picture of the Qobuz app feature.  Note that the OH version of rendu-009786 does not appear as an option.  Not sure what that means.  Could that be the issue since that is what, say, Lumin must employ?

Screen Shot 2018-04-22 at 1.05.07 PM.png

14 hours ago, vortecjr said:

Thanks all for the comments ... I've sent Qobuz details of my setup with the mR with an Activity Report. They have posted an update recognising that people are experiencing issues with certain devices and a commitment to try to resolve ... if they get a flood of xRendu owners filing a report we may hopefully see an early resolution.

Main System: NAS or QOBUZ > BlueSound Node 2i > Schiit Gungnir MultiBit > PYST XLR > Schiit Mjolnir 2 or Gilmore Lite MK2

Office System: iMac > Audirvana > Schiit EITR + Audiophonics LPS25 > Metrum FLINT NOS DAC (DAC TWO chips) > Schiit Magni 3+ > Aeon Flow Open

Loudspeaker System: NAIM Muso Gen 2

• 4 weeks later...

Is the "Easter Weekend Sale" price going to be the permanent price going forward? If not, will you let us know when you are going to raise it?

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

• 1 month later...
On 4/25/2018 at 7:33 AM, vortecjr said:

We are having a look at it and testing some options. It's sending weird stuff to the renderer:) I'll keep you posted.

Hi JR - any update? You did say you'd keep us posted ?

Any roadblocks or is it a dead end? 

On 7/5/2018 at 9:06 PM, Em2016 said:

Have you been able to talk to Qobuz JR? Do they have an idea of a fix?

There's a new update today for their Mac desktop app but still not luck working with my Rendu (and another DietPi endpoint I have).

I know it's still beta only but I haven't seen any report of anyone having any UPnP endpoint working with the Qobuz native desktop app.

If you can steer them in the right direction it would be nice to play direct from the Qobuz native app direct to a Rendu at some point (a bit like Spotify Connect).

I sent Qobuz my activity report (a few times) but never got any reply. 

@charlesphoto @sockpit did you have more luck with any response from Qobuz Support?

I’m embarrassed to tell you what they told us:) No progress and it really falls squarely on them to sort it out. 

On 7/5/2018 at 10:08 PM, Em2016 said:

Another thing that would mostly solve it for Rendu owners... the Rendu series supporting Chromecast... since that supports 24/96 streaming.

Proper UPnP support would be better though since that supports 24/192 Qobuz streaming.

829286187_ScreenShot2018-07-06at12_05_49pm.thumb.png.bd9f389a4a339bd37c3425c46bb69068.png

Roon supports streaming to Chromecast now. 

5 minutes ago, vortecjr said:

Roon supports streaming to Chromecast now.

That's a bit different to what has been discussed here. I asked about the Rendu supporting Chromecast so that people could play direct from the native Qobuz app direct to a Rendu (a bit like Spotify Connect). Roon has already been on the Rendu for a long while ? so Roon+Chromecast doesn't help with this 'Spotify Connect' kind of solution for Qobuz 

9 minutes ago, vortecjr said:

I’m embarrassed to tell you what they told us:) No progress and it really falls squarely on them to sort it out.

Oh my - I was worried about this. It's a shame because being able to play direct from the native Qobuz app direct to a Rendu (whether UPnP or Chromecast or 'Qobuz Connect') would be a sexy solution.

3 hours ago, Em2016 said:

That's a bit different to what has been discussed here. I asked about the Rendu supporting Chromecast so that people could play direct from the native Qobuz app direct to a Rendu (a bit like Spotify Connect). Roon has already been on the Rendu for a long while ? so Roon+Chromecast doesn't help with this 'Spotify Connect' kind of solution for Qobuz 

Oh my - I was worried about this. It's a shame because being able to play direct from the native Qobuz app direct to a Rendu (whether UPnP or Chromecast or 'Qobuz Connect') would be a sexy solution.

Can't you use Shairport with those?

6 hours ago, vortecjr said:

Can't you use Shairport with those?

Have a Qobuz subscribtion (up to 24/192kHz) and have everything resampled to 48kHz using Airplay?

You’re funny JR ?

But no, the point of a Qobuz Connect style of playback would mean  up to 24/192 direct from Qobuz native apps (iOS/Android/Windows/Mac) direct to a Rendu - bit perfectly....

oops...I forgot about hi-res support:) 

Hehe yeh the 24/192 streaming is one of the key features of Qobuz.

Unfortunately, they need to get their stream sorted out so it work withs UPnP devices.

What do you mean by this? Getting it to work with the Rendu (in UPnP output mode) isn't something you can help them with? By talking with @The Computer Audiophile's suggested Qobuz contact?

1 minute ago, Em2016 said:

Hehe yeh the 24/192 streaming is one of the key features of Qobuz.

What do you mean by this? Getting it to work with the Rendu (in UPnP output mode) isn't something you can help them with? By talking with @The Computer Audiophile's suggested Qobuz contact?

It appears they are streaming in some none standard way. It's completely on them to fix it if they want to support typical UPnP devices. Chris' contact might be able to push them to fix it.