IGNORED

Sonore microRendu

12 hours ago, al210 said:

Considering the micoRendu.  I'm not sure how much of a benefit it would give in my system. (see my signature) I was hoping the gurus here would be able to chime in with their advice and thoughts. It seems from reading through the posts that the power supply is probably the real driving factor for potential sound improvement?

Music library consists of Redbook CD rips, Hi Res Flac and DSD files.

In my system microRendu with iFi sounded at least as good as Auralic Aries with much more expensive SBooster. Adding a lps to microRendu improves a lot on that. So microRendu sounds good on its own and better with quality lps. 

5 hours ago, soares said:

If you look around you might found a second hand mr with the 1.4 upgraded hardware. I sold mine 1.4 and got an ultraRendu.

Do you have any impressions as to how the ultraRendu sounds versus your old mR 1.4?  

Windows 11 PC, Roon, HQPlayer, Focus Fidelity convolutions, iFi Zen Stream, Paul Hynes SR4, Mutec REF10, Mutec MC3+USB, Devialet 1000Pro, KEF Blade.  Plus Pro-Ject Signature 12 TT for playing my 'legacy' vinyl collection. Desktop system; RME ADI-2 DAC fs, Meze Empyrean headphones.

8 hours ago, vortecjr said:

Remember this is a sponsored forum and if you want to promote other products you can start a new thread in the regular forum.   

My point was that if he tried with his phone he will then understood that he should purchase a MicroRendu ?

4 hours ago, Confused said:

Do you have any impressions as to how the ultraRendu sounds versus your old mR 1.4?  

It was an  immediate improvement. Hard to say in percentage terms, but  from memory perhaps on the order of 20%. I just would like to say that no matter which rendu you buy you will always be on the safe side. Oppo 205, Chord 2qute and iFi nano BL used as Dacs.

Jensen VRD-iFF>Router>Rj45>opticalModule>
SFP>Buffalo2016>SFP>opticalModule >Rj45>

IZen Mk3>Rj45> Delock62619>Rj45>
etherRegen (Master Clock+ Mini-Circuits BLP)>SFP>opticalRendu>USB>IsoRegen>

USB>Phoenix>USB>OPPO 205 (Modded)>HMS “the Perfect Match”>Proac Tablette Reference 8 Signature.

11 minutes ago, Gimpinchair said:

I’m pretty sure that I have this wrong. If my music files reside on a NAS can I just connect (via ether net cable) into the microrendu and USB into my DAC. Then control it with my iPad with the Roon app?

Gimpinchair

Each piece needs to connect to your router or switch. 

15 minutes ago, Gimpinchair said:

I’m pretty sure that I have this wrong. If my music files reside on a NAS can I just connect (via ether net cable) into the microrendu and USB into my DAC. Then control it with my iPad with the Roon app?

Gimpinchair

you'll need a computer running roon core somewhere -- the microrendu can only be a roon endpoint; an ipad can only be a control point and/or endpoint.

as was mentioned above, each device needs to be connected to a router or switch.

(1) holo audio red (hqp naa) > chord dave > luxman cl-38uc/mq-88uc > kef reference 1
(2) simaudio moon mind 2 > chord qutest > luxman sq-n150 > monitor audio gold gx100

I get your meaning and I think I may have made it look like I was saying that the microrendu was connected directly to the NAS.  What I actually meant was the microrendu would be connected to a router that was connected to the network  to which the NAS was connected.  I was thinking that the microcomputer in the microrendu was acting as the roon core .  Without having to purchase another computer what can be used as the roon core?

4 hours ago, Gimpinchair said:

Gimpinchair

If your NAS is a Qnap or Synology the answers you got may be a bit wrong as those NAS will do Roon.

If not your Roon core need “something”, a Linux distro, a Windows something, a MAC, or a NUC with ROCK. (Or the Nucleus). 

There is no way the Rendu can be a Roon Core.

The Rendu’s are endpoints. 

Edit:

I’ve noticed you already have a NUC running Roon. 

Do you have the Rendu ?

Or is your question related to the possibility to purchase one ? 

16 hours ago, R1200CL said:

If your NAS is a Qnap or Synology the answers you got may be a bit wrong as those NAS will do Roon.

If not your Roon core need “something”, a Linux distro, a Windows something, a MAC, or a NUC with ROCK. (Or the Nucleus). 

There is no way the Rendu can be a Roon Core.

The Rendu’s are endpoints. 

Edit:

I’ve noticed you already have a NUC running Roon. 

Do you have the Rendu ?

Or is your question related to the possibility to purchase one ? 

had a NUC! Unfortunately it died recently so I’m looking for a replacement. Now I realize that it need a "server" or is it a "renderer". I’m still confused on these devises and their place in the digital to analog chain.

Just updated my microrendu 1.4 to OS 2.6.  Now Lumin can't find it.  I am running mr/LPS1 to Berkeley USB to SPDIF converter to Schiit Yggy.  Lumin can see my NAS but not the microrendu.

Never had a problem before. Help please.

Never mind.  Got it started by saving changes in MPD/DLNA settings even though there were no changes. Go figure.

3 hours ago, R1200CL said:

How dead is it ?

It may only be the SSD. Or even the PS. Any lights anywhere ? 

Have you verifid it properly ? 

It happened  during day a thunderstorm around 2 AM. We have a few glitches. With the electricity going on and off and when it tried to reboot it would Try to reboot it would get to the IBM NUC logo pause a few seconds then reboot nonstop. 

The QOBUZ music streaming service recently added DLNA/UPnP as an output device option ... I'm running Qobuz on an iMac 10.13.2. and my mRendu (v1.3 h/w with SonicOrbiter v2.5) appears on the list of possible devices but I'm not getting any sound .... has anyone tried this successfully ?

Main System: NAS or QOBUZ > BlueSound Node 2i > Schiit Gungnir MultiBit > PYST XLR > Schiit Mjolnir 2 or Gilmore Lite MK2

Office System: iMac > Audirvana > Schiit EITR + Audiophonics LPS25 > Metrum FLINT NOS DAC (DAC TWO chips) > Schiit Magni 3+ > Aeon Flow Open

Loudspeaker System: NAIM Muso Gen 2

45 minutes ago, Charente said:

The QOBUZ music streaming service recently added DLNA/UPnP as an output device option ... I'm running Qobuz on an iMac 10.13.2. and my mRendu (v1.3 h/w with SonicOrbiter v2.5) appears on the list of possible devices but I'm not getting any sound .... has anyone tried this successfully ?

With me it's the same situation on Windows. UltraRendu is shown as renderer but tracks won't start. 

1 hour ago, Charente said:

26 minutes ago, jaaptina said:

With me it's the same situation on Windows. UltraRendu is shown as renderer but tracks won't start. 

Send an activity report to Qobuz support.  The procedure is noted here:

https://www.qobuz.com/IE-en/info/Qobuz-Vous/UPnP-DLNA-compatibility-of-the180470

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

5 hours ago, Gimpinchair said:

It happened  during day a thunderstorm around 2 AM. We have a few glitches. With the electricity going on and off and when it tried to reboot it would Try to reboot it would get to the IBM NUC logo pause a few seconds then reboot nonstop. 

If you have another disk, any for testing, I would try that. 

Are you able by a pressing a function (F8 or F2) key or DEL to enter the bios ?

If you can enter the bios, just buy a new SSD, and load ROCK. 

3 hours ago, R1200CL said:

If you have another disk, any for testing, I would try that. 

Are you able by a pressing a function (F8 or F2) key or DEL to enter the bios ?

If you can enter the bios, just buy a new SSD, and load ROCK. 

Andreas, this is a microRendu thread and not a NUC support thread. Move it or loose it... 

5 hours ago, Charente said:

That is cool. Try enabling OpenHome with BubbleUPnP Server. Its the same procedure outlined here except that you would use the Qobuz App instead of the Linn Kazoo App:

https://www.computeraudiophile.com/forums/topic/27851-sonicorbiter-tidalqobuz-setup-with-openhome/

6 hours ago, Charente said:

The QOBUZ music streaming service recently added DLNA/UPnP as an output device option 

Thanks for posting this, I had missed the 3/18 announcement of this capability!

A+ of course supports Qobuz streaming to the microRendu, but A+ isn't yet available on Windows ... plus it would be nice to use the GUI of the native Qobuz app.

Have you tried the old trick of going into SonicOrbiter Settings => MPD/DLNA Renderer and click on Save Changes?

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

2 hours ago, rickca said:

Thanks for posting this, I had missed the 3/18 announcement of this capability!

A+ of course supports Qobuz streaming to the microRendu, but A+ isn't yet available on Windows ... plus it would be nice to use the GUI of the native Qobuz app.

Have you tried the old trick of going into SonicOrbiter Settings => MPD/DLNA Renderer and click on Save Changes?

I’ve been hoping and asking for this for ages!  Excellent news.  So my Qobuz OiS app cant see my uRendu, but I’ll play with it more. 

As ive said repeatedly, th Qobuz app is really, really nice.

Ok, so I suspect trying to make this work on my iPad Qobuz app is futile.  I suspect the feature is only available on their Mac desktop app right now.

When I try that, the app recognizes the mR and let's me select it, but there is no sound.

I have OpenHome with BubbleUPnP Server up and running (for my Lumin app; turned off) but that version of my Rendu-OH does not show up in the Qobuz desktop app . . . yet.

Which should I expect to pop up?  The direct rendu or the OH version?

thanks.