vortecjr

Sonore microRendu

Rate this topic

9 hours ago, charlesphoto said:

Received my microRendu back yesterday after sending it in for the 1.4 upgrade and a new card due to an update kernel panic. Lightning quick turnaround from Adrian.

Absolutley jaw dropping sound - I really didn’t expect it to be this much better or obvious. If anyone hasn’t done the 1.4 upgrade yet I would jump on it before the boards are gone. I feel like this is an endgame for me (famous last words) and have no desire to go to an Ultra if the 1.4 is getting me close, as others have said. Great job Sonore and thank you! 

Thanks for posting your impressions...enjoy!

Check out this review of the Sonore microRenduwith a Sonire Signature Power Supply from Vade Ferrester over at The Absolute Sound:

http://www.theabsolutesound.com/articles/sonore-microrendu-streaming-music-player-and-signature-series-linear-power-supply/

1 hour ago, vortecjr said:

Check out this review of the Sonore microRenduwith a Sonire Signature Power Supply from Vade Ferrester over at The Absolute Sound:

http://www.theabsolutesound.com/articles/sonore-microrendu-streaming-music-player-and-signature-series-linear-power-supply/

I may have missed it, but there was no mention of the 1.4 upgrade in the review.

Inquiring minds want to know what hardware you sent him, Jesus. ?

8 hours ago, vortecjr said:

Hi Jesus, 

Nice review. I just read it and then popped over to your forum to see if it got mentioned. 

Is it not frustrating that they finally reviewed the Microrendu so many months after you released the UltraRendu? 

Though the review can't hurt in terms of people then discovering the Ultra. 

Well done either way. 

Cheers, 

Alan 

AudioLinux NUCi7DNKE server (powered by SPS-500) > AudioLinux NUCi7DNBE endpoint (powered by LPS-1.2) > PS Audio Directstream DAC > Hegel P20 Pre > PS Audio M700 monoblocks > Salk Sound Supercharged Songtowers

8 hours ago, sockpit said:

I may have missed it, but there was no mention of the 1.4 upgrade in the review.

Inquiring minds want to know what hardware you sent him, Jesus. ?

Original design as far as I can tell from my emails.

1 hour ago, BigAlMc said:

Hi Jesus, 

Nice review. I just read it and then popped over to your forum to see if it got mentioned. 

Is it not frustrating that they finally reviewed the Microrendu so many months after you released the UltraRendu? 

Though the review can't hurt in terms of people then discovering the Ultra. 

Well done either way. 

Cheers, 

Alan 

Thanks. No...I'm ecstatic after a review like that:) 

15 minutes ago, vortecjr said:

Thanks. No...I'm ecstatic after a review like that:) 

Understandably and deservedly so :D

AudioLinux NUCi7DNKE server (powered by SPS-500) > AudioLinux NUCi7DNBE endpoint (powered by LPS-1.2) > PS Audio Directstream DAC > Hegel P20 Pre > PS Audio M700 monoblocks > Salk Sound Supercharged Songtowers

Not sure if this is the right place for this question:

I have been reading recent comments at Headfi on the Chord Hugo thread about the limitations of USB and the belief by many, including Rob Watts the designer, that optical is the preferred method of connection to a DAC.

I have a Sonicorbiter which has an optical output - the MicroRendu and UltraRendu do not.  Why??  Why does the lower priced and discontinued product have this capability while the superior replacements do not?

53 minutes ago, buzzlulu said:

Not sure if this is the right place for this question:

I have been reading recent comments at Headfi on the Chord Hugo thread about the limitations of USB and the belief by many, including Rob Watts the designer, that optical is the preferred method of connection to a DAC.

I have a Sonicorbiter which has an optical output - the MicroRendu and UltraRendu do not.  Why??  Why does the lower priced and discontinued product have this capability while the superior replacements do not?

Maybe they say that because they have trouble implementing USB properly or just don't want to. Optical has it's sample rate limitations.

The discontinued SE has optical, because the hardware had it built tin. It was meant to me a nice feature only and USB was always the primary output.  

Phew, just made it under the wire for the 1.4 board! 

SERVER CLOSET:NUC 7i5BNH with Roon ROCK and OWC external 2.5" HD (ZeroZone 12V on the NUC)>Cisco 2690L-16PS switch>TP Link MC22L>fiber

LIVING ROOM:Sonore opticalModule (HDPLEX 100)>Ghent Audio JSSG Cat 6a cable>Sonore microRendu 1.4> (Uptone LPS-1 with DIY LT3045 cable<Uptone LPS 1.2 charger) Uptone USPCB>Naim DAC V1>Witchhat DIN>Naim NAP 110>Chord Rumor 2>Rega RX3’s.

OFFICE:Naim Unitiqute V1>NACA5>KEF Ls50’ (near field post mounted - sound amazing - the joys of working from the home basement) TP Link MC110 optical bridge.

Well, if the 1.4 board upgrade I just did with my microRendu is any indication, much better  (guess it gets one to within 10-20% of the Ultra performance). I rally couldn't be happier. But if I was starting new, and had the $, I'd future proof myself by going with the Ultra, though $499 is a good price for the micro. Of course you could also wait a year or two for the inevitable SuperDuperUltraMegaOkRendu. ;)

SERVER CLOSET:NUC 7i5BNH with Roon ROCK and OWC external 2.5" HD (ZeroZone 12V on the NUC)>Cisco 2690L-16PS switch>TP Link MC22L>fiber

LIVING ROOM:Sonore opticalModule (HDPLEX 100)>Ghent Audio JSSG Cat 6a cable>Sonore microRendu 1.4> (Uptone LPS-1 with DIY LT3045 cable<Uptone LPS 1.2 charger) Uptone USPCB>Naim DAC V1>Witchhat DIN>Naim NAP 110>Chord Rumor 2>Rega RX3’s.

OFFICE:Naim Unitiqute V1>NACA5>KEF Ls50’ (near field post mounted - sound amazing - the joys of working from the home basement) TP Link MC110 optical bridge.

I say the 1.4 is 95 % UltraRendu. In addition it suits the USPCB better as there is in some cases a challenge to use USPCB with the UltraRendu. 

I hope Jesus does another 100 boards or so. 

He could make a preorder (or group buy) to ensure he doesn’t produce to many.

Anyway he do of cause know how many sold and how many has been upgraded, so he knows better than anyone the potential. 

Or maybe a rev 1.5 ?

16 minutes ago, charlesphoto said:

SuperDuperUltraMegaOkRendu

We already make that!  It is the actually named the Signature Rendu SE though...

ROON: DSD 256-Signature Rendu optical--Buffalo PRO (ESS 9038) or DSC-2--Ncore 400 Stereo-Focus Audio FS888-JL E-112 sub-Nordost Tyr USB, Cardas Clear AC, XLR, & speaker cables-Synergistic Blue & Hi Fi Tuning Supreme Cu Fuses, Dark Matter system clarifiers.    Design/Build Consultant with Sonore

SONORE computer audio

9 minutes ago, barrows said:

We already make that!  It is the actually named the Signature Rendu SE though...

If we remove the PS, is there any difference between those version ?

Isn’t the same board or ?

And if not, could a DIY person remove that PS and add LPS-1.2 if he wanted. 

(It’s a question about voltage),