IGNORED

Sonore microRendu

I typically use reboot after an update ... this seems to work for me although the page doesn't always refresh automatically. If I manually re-enter the GUI, it seems fine.

@lgp Presumably the DAC is fully up and running before you power up the mR ?

Main System: NAS or QOBUZ > BlueSound Node 2i > Schiit Gungnir MultiBit > PYST XLR > Schiit Mjolnir 2 or Gilmore Lite MK2

Office System: iMac > Audirvana > Schiit EITR + Audiophonics LPS25 > Metrum FLINT NOS DAC (DAC TWO chips) > Schiit Magni 3+ > Aeon Flow Open

Loudspeaker System: NAIM Muso Gen 2

2 hours ago, lgp said:

Well, now it happened again and this time I am not able to get it working again. I've tried power cycling DAC and microRendu, updating microRendu and reconnecting the USB cable. I've done this in different order but I am still not able to get it working.

I would also like to mention the reboot function in the web GUI System -> Reboot has never worked properly since the device just shuts down and never boots up again. This may not be related to the other problems I have.

Any tips or solutions?

Some DACs are better than others at coming up on the system. Have a look at DAC Diagnostics to see if the unit is initializing it. As for the reboot symptom we can resolve it, but it has to come in for service. We do this for everyone during the 1.4 hardware update.   

just bought refurbished one apparently it's a fault unit spent 45 usd import tax + 512 usd refurbished I felt ripped off. I had spent the whole day today cancelled my lover's appointment as just came back from a long trip but music audio gears comes first then to figuring out with help from Jesus sonore guy support team. It didn't work at all. Router connected direct with microrendu at one point to point and router connected direct to MacBook Pro. Ethernet connection looks good on MacBook Pro but sonicorbiter can't find microrendu. I just wanted to try if this little small brick(as for me now because it doesn't work at all) so I could make my considering to upgrade to the better quality one. Has anyone had this experience before I need some help. Power from teradak power supplied 7v 1a. Strange behave amber light flash one second then gone, unplugged and plugged in amber flashed one second and gone,  two hours later plugged power to turn on amber lights flashing from time to time. It's ruined my day. Why would they sent defected unit why didn't they check the item before sending out for the replacement do I have to pay again 45 usd if it won't work again I spent about 600 usd for a small brick then. Thank you in advance for your help.

7 hours ago, vortecjr said:

If the DAC is showing up in DAC Diagnostics then go to Settings and press Save in the output mode you are using.

The DAC never showed up in DAC Diagnostics but it did after this procedure:

1. Replaced my USB cable with an inexpensive usb cable for printers. Nothing happened.
  2. Inserted a coax cable from my Oppo player to my DAC and everything ok.
  3. Connected the DAC to my MacBook via printer usb cable and the DAC was working fine.
  4. Reinserted the cable to microRendu and the DAC was not showing up.
  5. Rebooted the microRendu via Web GUI and (out of nowhere!) is showed up in DAC Diagnostics!
  6. Replaced the chip printer usb cable with my more expensive cable and everything is still fine!

So now I'm finally sitting and listening to music again but the frustration is quite high but luckily 101 Eastbound by Fourplay is soothing :)

So what can I do to get the microRendu run more stable? Is upgrade the only solution? Or maybe I should upgrade for other reasons?

5 minutes ago, lgp said:

1. Replaced my USB cable with an inexpensive usb cable for printers. Nothing happened.
  3. Connected the DAC to my MacBook via printer usb cable and the DAC was working fine.
  5. Rebooted the microRendu via Web GUI and (out of nowhere!) is showed up in DAC Diagnostics!
  6. Replaced the chip printer usb cable with my more expensive cable and everything is still fine!

So now I'm finally sitting and listening to music again but the frustration is quite high but luckily 101 Eastbound by Fourplay is soothing :)

So what can I do to get the microRendu run more stable? Is upgrade the only solution? Or maybe I should upgrade for other reasons?

If this is an Oppo bdp 105, I have posted about this same issue, above. I was having exactly the same problem, ie the dac not being consistently 'seen' by my microrendu. It was infuriating, and required hours of fiddling to get it to be seen again.

It was reported to me that the oppo's usb implementation is shocking, and, sure enough, since I have rooted the oppo's coax output through a cheap breeze audio USB converter (great product, by the way), I have had no problems at all. Also works with oppo's optical out. It's been weeks, and the problem has not repeated itself even once, using the oppo's non-usb outputs. This, going from experiencing the problem at least 2-3 times a week... 

20 hours ago, arrjmai said:

just bought refurbished one apparently it's a fault unit spent 45 usd import tax + 512 usd refurbished I felt ripped off. I had spent the whole day today cancelled my lover's appointment as just came back from a long trip but music audio gears comes first then to figuring out with help from Jesus sonore guy support team. It didn't work at all. Router connected direct with microrendu at one point to point and router connected direct to MacBook Pro. Ethernet connection looks good on MacBook Pro but sonicorbiter can't find microrendu. I just wanted to try if this little small brick(as for me now because it doesn't work at all) so I could make my considering to upgrade to the better quality one. Has anyone had this experience before I need some help. Power from teradak power supplied 7v 1a. Strange behave amber light flash one second then gone, unplugged and plugged in amber flashed one second and gone,  two hours later plugged power to turn on amber lights flashing from time to time. It's ruined my day. Why would they sent defected unit why didn't they check the item before sending out for the replacement do I have to pay again 45 usd if it won't work again I spent about 600 usd for a small brick then. Thank you in advance for your help.

I would think you would feel ripped off if we did not offer you support. However, we are sending you a replacement SD card (per our offline emails) in an attempt to correct the issue. FYI The units are tested in batches and then placed in a ready bin for future sale. It's unfortunate this unit has an issue, but these things happen.   

17 hours ago, lgp said:

One thing that might be a clue is #4. The DACs that exhibit this behavior like it when you reboot the unit. One thing that might cause this issue is switching from USB input to SPDIF input and back to USB input on your DAC. Finally, try updating the unit because recently we added some work arounds that might be helpful in the case. There no guarantee though and your DAC may just need its own firmware update to play nice in the sand box.    

Hi,

Not a micro/ultra rendu user yet but I have a couple questions that maybe someone can answer....

1. I understand there are selectable playback modes such as Roon/MPD/DLNA/Airplay etc. Am I right in saying only one can be operational/listening at a time? For example if I had it set to MPD/DLNA for Audirvana 3.1 streaming, I couldn't then play to it from another device using Airplay.... without first changing the configuration of the microrendu?

2. In MPD/DLNA mode for Audirvana streaming, can you stream to the microrendu from more than one computer? Obviously not at the same time, but can you play from one computer, and then afterwards another, without some kind of config change? How does the device handle priority?

Thanks....

Mac Mini > RME ADI-2 DAC > Hypex Ncore monoblocks > ATC SCM-11 speakers & C1 subwoofer

Is this the forum where we are meant to to report or ask technical questions about our microRendu.   I posted a query yesterday and it just hasn't showed up.  I'm wondering what we're supposed to do when we need customer service.  Should we discuss here or in the general forum?

Tidal / Qobuz--> Roon--> Fios Gigabit--> Netgear Prosafe GS105 --> Supra 8-->EtherRegen --> Fiber--> opticalRendu / CI Audio LPS --> Curious Evolved Link --> Chord Qutest--> AQ Water --> Belles Aria Integrated--> AQ Robin Hood--> Kudos Super 20's

@occamsrazor ... 

1. Yes, only one at a time. You would need to go into the mR GUI and change the play mode.

2. Also one at a time ... when you start play on another computer, it completely stops the other one and 'takes over' the stream to the mR. No config changes required.

Main System: NAS or QOBUZ > BlueSound Node 2i > Schiit Gungnir MultiBit > PYST XLR > Schiit Mjolnir 2 or Gilmore Lite MK2

Office System: iMac > Audirvana > Schiit EITR + Audiophonics LPS25 > Metrum FLINT NOS DAC (DAC TWO chips) > Schiit Magni 3+ > Aeon Flow Open

1 hour ago, Charente said:

@occamsrazor ... 

1. Yes, only one at a time. You would need to go into the mR GUI and change the play mode.

2. Also one at a time ... when you start play on another computer, it completely stops the other one and 'takes over' the stream to the mR. No config changes required.

Thank you, that's very helpful. I wonder why it's not possible to have more than one active. But only becoming operational in the way you describe in (2) i.e. have Roon/DLNA/Airplay all active but as soon as one senses an input stream it takes over from the others, until a new stream arrives from a different method. Obviously I know nothing about the technicalities or feasibility, but it sure would be nice!

Mac Mini > RME ADI-2 DAC > Hypex Ncore monoblocks > ATC SCM-11 speakers & C1 subwoofer

@occamsrazor ... perhaps you've misunderstood me, or I've not explained it well enough. My No.2 explanation is only when you are using Audirvana (as per your question) and the Play Mode on the mR is set to MPD/DLNA. I don't know what happens under Roon/Airplay or if it works the same way ... I only use Audirvana. You can't have all the modes active ... it can only receive one stream at a time.

@Charente

Hi, don't worry your answer was clear and I did understand that your answer was only about MPD/DLNA and Audirvana.

I was just going on further.... to wonder why it is not possible to have all the modes active, and for the unit to receive any stream and automatically switch between them according to whatever is the latest stream received. I realise it does not work this way, was just wondering why it was not possible.

Just now, occamsrazor said:

@Charente

Hi, don't worry your answer was clear and I did understand that your answer was only about MPD/DLNA and Audirvana.

I was just going on further.... to wonder why it is not possible to have all the modes active, and for the unit to receive any stream and automatically switch between them according to whatever is the latest stream received. I realise it does not work this way, was just wondering why it was not possible.

My guess is lack of power. The devices are designed to be low power use and low noise. Running all modes all of the time would result in more of both.

(1) holo audio red (hqp naa) > chord dave > luxman cl-38uc/mq-88uc > kef reference 1
(2) simaudio moon mind 2 > chord qutest > luxman sq-n150 > monitor audio gold gx100
10 hours ago, occamsrazor said:

@Charente

That is asking for trouble. 

On 21/6/2017 at 7:53 PM, MrUnderhill said:

Jesus,

Just in case I had missed something I loaded up the C-3PO plugin, this reported:

Squeezelite version is non R2, assuming is compliant. See players.

The SOX version in use does not handle DSD formats. See instructions here:www.audiodigitale.eu.

M

Nice to know r2 is  - at least as an option - in the micro rendu, I hope C-3PO with modified SOX will follow soon.

________________________________________________________________________________
Writer of  the R2 patch to Squeezelite and C-3PO.plugin.  note liberehttps://github.com/marcoc1712
Logitech media Server 7.9 > miniPc + squeezelite-R2 / SB+ > "Lu Criaturu" NOS R2R DAC / AudioResearch DAC 1-20 > 
Klimo Merlino Gold TPS > DIS Interconnect > Kent Gold > Reference > Monitor Audio Studio 20 SE

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/6/2017 at 8:17 PM, vortecjr said:

Sale Announcement

The Sonore / Small Green Computer Black Friday Sale countdown is on:

http://sonicorbiter.com/blackfridaydeals

If you want to get the early bird email sign up for the mailing list on our website:

http://sonore.us 

QQ- can u upgrade the microrendu to v1.4 if i buy the $515 bundle before you ship it out? Also, what version software  does the bundle come with v2.5?