IGNORED

Sonore microRendu

Not all that familiar with the BDP, but I don't believe they would be complementary, more competing...the Microrendu would be a 'player' as well, although a much more simplistic one. It simply takes a network audio source stream (e.g. DLNA server, Roon server, etc) from your network (via ethernet) and outputs it (aka 'renders it') to USB audio so that you can feed it to an external DAC, which I believe is similar to what BDP can do as well. The point of the Microrendu is that it's an extremely minimal device that it avoids all the typical issues you have with noise etc feeding direct usb audio from your computer to your Dac and supports many 'output modes' for different servers/sources (e.g. Roon, Dlna, Squeezebox, etc) along with associated/various remote control software options, in particular with DLNA (vs proprietary software remote control from the manufacturer of your player).

For me, I only have a single source (PC DLNA server) and plan to move to a NAS with Roon soon, so it's all I need. The Microrendu was one of the first 'affordable' Roon ends points when it came out, although more are coming all the time, so that was one of its original advantages as well.

Sorry in advance for my ignorance but I cannot get my head totally around the micro rendu. Question...can the micro rendu be used in conjunction with the Bryston bdp digital player with a resultant improvement in SQ.

It would only work with the BDP is it has server software available for streaming. My guess is that it does not. If not, then it would be one or the other.

The MacBook Pro with Roon driving the microRendu powered by the Uptone Audio LPS1 sounds more natural and detailed than the MacBook Pro running Audirvana with REGEN powered by the LPS1. The sound is more relaxed if a little less dynamic than my previous set-up. I will be experimenting with HQPlayer and set-up to further improve the sound.

Happy New Year!

I have a question about Spotify. I currently play Tidal or music from NAS to microRendu. Now I also want to play certain Spotify playlists. Bubbleupnp on my phone doesn't work. It needs root and Xposed. Rooting went okay but yesterday I bricked my Samsung phone when installing the wrong Xposed. At least I had something to do yesterday ?. After a few frantic hours it's functioning again.

Any one knows of an easy way to play Spotify to microRendu? I could use my phone or computer for this.

Or should I give Bubbleupnp and Xposed an other try?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G903F met Tapatalk

Happy New Year!

I have a question about Spotify. I currently play Tidal or music from NAS to microRendu. Now I also want to play certain Spotify playlists. Bubbleupnp on my phone doesn't work. It needs root and Xposed. Rooting went okay but yesterday I bricked my Samsung phone when installing the wrong Xposed. At least I had something to do yesterday ?. After a few frantic hours it's functioning again.

Any one knows of an easy way to play Spotify to microRendu? I could use my phone or computer for this.

Or should I give Bubbleupnp and Xposed an other try?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G903F met Tapatalk

Installed Xposed successfully this time. Bubbleupnp cast is functional. Haven't tested with Spotify yet. To be continued...

Synology NAS, LPS-1, microRendu, Job INTegrated, Penaudio Cenya.

Installed Xposed successfully this time. Bubbleupnp cast is functional. Haven't tested with Spotify yet. To be continued...

With the right Xposed Bubbleupnp module installed my Samsung phone plays Spotify easily in dlna mode ?.

The MacBook Pro with Roon driving the microRendu powered by the Uptone Audio LPS1 sounds more natural and detailed than the MacBook Pro running Audirvana with REGEN powered by the LPS1. The sound is more relaxed if a little less dynamic than my previous set-up. I will be experimenting with HQPlayer and set-up to further improve the sound.

I'm going to assume you mean in combination with a microRendu:)

I periodically run the updater even when there is no indication that a new software version is available, because there sometimes are maintenance releases that don't rise to numbered version levels. I've never had an issue doing this, but I twice have gotten this error message from the current update:

Failed to synchronize cache for repo 'sonicorbiterrendu' from 'http://yum.sonicorbiter.com/releases/22/armhfp/rendu/RPMS/': Cannot download repomd.xml: Cannot download repodata/repomd.xml: All mirrors were tried, disabling.

Is this something about which I should be concerned?

Living room:  Synology 218+ NAS > NUC 10 i7 > HQP Embedded > xfinity Xfi Router > Netgear GS348 Switch > Sonore Optical Module Deluxe > Sonore Signature Rendu SE Optical Tier 2 > Okto DAC 8 Stereo > Topping Pre90 Preamp > Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini > Revel F32 Concertas

Computer Desk System: Synology DS-218+ NAS > Dell XPS 8930/NUC 10 i7  > HQP Desktop > xfinity Xfi Router > EtherRegen > ultraRendu > Topping D90 DAC > Audioengine A5+'s

I periodically run the updater even when there is no indication that a new software version is available, because there sometimes are maintenance releases that don't rise to numbered version levels. I've never had an issue doing this, but I twice have gotten this error message from the current update:

Failed to synchronize cache for repo 'sonicorbiterrendu' from 'http://yum.sonicorbiter.com/releases/22/armhfp/rendu/RPMS/': Cannot download repomd.xml: Cannot download repodata/repomd.xml: All mirrors were tried, disabling.

Is this something about which I should be concerned?

You can ignore it.

Cool. Thank you.

Living room:  Synology 218+ NAS > NUC 10 i7 > HQP Embedded > xfinity Xfi Router > Netgear GS348 Switch > Sonore Optical Module Deluxe > Sonore Signature Rendu SE Optical Tier 2 > Okto DAC 8 Stereo > Topping Pre90 Preamp > Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini > Revel F32 Concertas

Computer Desk System: Synology DS-218+ NAS > Dell XPS 8930/NUC 10 i7  > HQP Desktop > xfinity Xfi Router > EtherRegen > ultraRendu > Topping D90 DAC > Audioengine A5+'s

Hello,

I don't know if this is big deal or not but thought i would crosscheck with the experts.

Can the USB DAC's be swapped with the microRendu powered on?

Currently a single DAC, with OPPO HA-1.

Will be receiving the Mytek Brooklyn.

And was wondering to go between these two DAC's, is powering down first the microRendu necessary?

I didn't see in the interface where i can unmount the current DAC before plugging into a different DAC.

Thanks much.

Hello,

I don't know if this is big deal or not but thought i would crosscheck with the experts.

And was wondering to go between these two DAC's, is powering down first the microRendu necessary?

I didn't see in the interface where i can unmount the current DAC before plugging into a different DAC.

Thanks much.

I've been able to swap DACs successfully without too many problems, although it's not 100℅ reliable. I run BubbleUPNP server and the BubbleUPNP app on my Android to control it - usually I can just pause my track in the app, wait a few seconds, get up and pull the USB cable from one DAC and plug into another. Change the inputs on my amp and then hit play on the track again and a few seconds later it usually plays.

Every once and a while, can't exactly determine why, I'll plug in the 2nd DAC and hit play and nothing happens...It just hangs. If that happens, I need to reboot the microRendu - it won't play on any DAC until I do. I usually try to wait like 5-10 seconds before trying to hit play after swapping DACs and that seems to help.

I've done this with around 5 different DACs now and no issues.

Hello,

Thanks much.

It depends on your device...some need a reboot and some do not.

I've been able to swap DACs successfully without too many problems, although it's not 100℅ reliable. I run BubbleUPNP server and the BubbleUPNP app on my Android to control it - usually I can just pause my track in the app, wait a few seconds, get up and pull the USB cable from one DAC and plug into another. Change the inputs on my amp and then hit play on the track again and a few seconds later it usually plays.

Every once and a while, can't exactly determine why, I'll plug in the 2nd DAC and hit play and nothing happens...It just hangs. If that happens, I need to reboot the microRendu - it won't play on any DAC until I do. I usually try to wait like 5-10 seconds before trying to hit play after swapping DACs and that seems to help.

I've done this with around 5 different DACs now and no issues.

Got it. Thanks much.

Running into a new issue. Roon starts skipping through an entire album without playing tracks. I am not sure if this is a Roon or mR issue.

my set up is as follows:

sTi5 running Rroon core

mR as Roon End point

Synology 214+ file server

Ipad Mini roon controller

All networked via a Ubiquiti toughswitch.

I've rebooted everything and restarted services... issue is for both Tidal and network files via Roon.

any ideas what's going on?

Running into a new issue. Roon starts skipping through an entire album without playing tracks. I am not sure if this is a Roon or mR issue.

my set up is as follows:

sTi5 running Rroon core

mR as Roon End point

Synology 214+ file server

Ipad Mini roon controller

All networked via a Ubiquiti toughswitch.

I've rebooted everything and restarted services... issue is for both Tidal and network files via Roon.

any ideas what's going on?

Most likely a network issue. Power cycle everything on the network including the router.

Jesus, I know this has been asked a few times in this thread but I did not see a definitive answer. Will the microrendu ever have the capability to allow users to manually edit its networking parameters? In particular I am referring to manually editing its IP address, subnet, etc. If not, may I ask why? It seems like a simple feature that many much cheaper networked devices have standard.

I know I can connect the microrendu directly to my router/switch and based on its macid assign an IP address. However, I prefer to set the IP address in the device itself.

12TB NAS >> i7-6700 Server/Control PC >> i3-5015u NAA >> Singxer SU-1 DDC (modded) >> Holo Spring L3 DAC >> Accustic Arts Power 1 int amp >> Sonus Faber Guaneri Evolution speakers + REL T/5i sub (x2)

Other components:

UpTone Audio LPS1.2/IsoRegen, Fiber Switch and FMC, Windows Server 2016 OS, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0, Fidelizer Pro 6, HQ Player, Roonserver, PS Audio P3 AC regenerator, HDPlex 400W ATX & 200W Linear PSU, Light Harmonic Lightspeed Split USB cable, Synergistic Research Tungsten AC power cords, Tara Labs The One speaker cables, Tara Labs The Two Extended with HFX Station IC, Oyaide R1 outlets, Stillpoints Ultra Mini footers, Hi-Fi Tuning fuses, Vicoustic/RealTraps/GIK room treatments