IGNORED

Sonore microRendu

No, but what are using today ?

Your amp has a volume control ?

(And I have a hiFace EVO for sale).

My Job INTegrated has usb and coax input. Usb is okay but the amp needs to be turned on before turning on the usb source. That's not practical.

If I keep the source powered when I turn on the amp the first track sounds distorted. Restarting the track solves this. So it's not a big problem but a nuisance.

The coax input doesn't have this problem. Hence my thoughts on a USB-SPDIF converter.

An other way to solve this issue would be to add an on/off switch between LPS-1 and microRendu or before LPS-1.

However I don't know if microRendu and or LPS-1 could be damaged by adding an on/off switch to the power cord.

My Job INTegrated has usb and coax input. Usb is okay but the amp needs to be turned on before turning on the usb source. That's not practical.

If I keep the source powered when I turn on the amp the first track sounds distorted. Restarting the track solves this. So it's not a big problem but a nuisance.

The coax input doesn't have this problem. Hence my thoughts on a USB-SPDIF converter. .

Here's a Singxer F-1. I've had the HiFace and this fellow was the same price and sounded much better for me... & many others who have gone this budget IF route.

SINGXER F-1 XMOS USB Digital Interface Module XU208 U8 with CNC Aluminum Case | eBay

Which m2tech hiface we're talking? EVO One, EVO TWO, or just a small usb to spdif stick?

Here's a Singxer F-1. I've had the HiFace and this fellow was the same price and sounded much better for me... & many others who have gone this budget IF route.

SINGXER F-1 XMOS USB Digital Interface Module XU208 U8 with CNC Aluminum Case | eBay

2010 Mac Pro (westmere 6-core, 16G Ram)[br]M2Tech Vaughan DAC[br]McIntosh MA6600 integrated[br]B&W805S[br]Luxman P1_u[br]Sennheiser HD800[br]Silver Streak Interconnects

it was the question. I wanted to know which hiface he was talking about

Which ones have you compared?

2010 Mac Pro (westmere 6-core, 16G Ram)[br]M2Tech Vaughan DAC[br]McIntosh MA6600 integrated[br]B&W805S[br]Luxman P1_u[br]Sennheiser HD800[br]Silver Streak Interconnects

Oh,

No, I did not even consider the stick. I have Evo Two USB / SPIDF converter with the dedicated power supply (M2Tech) using it with microRendu as well.

I was also considering the Evo clock two but I'm not sure if it will dramatically improve the SQ

Always looking for better alternatives :))

I meant to ask about the stick. Just bought the microRendu and LPS-1 so I don't want to spend to much on an extra like this at the moment.

Jesus can you help me with this?

My Job INTegrated needs to be turned on before turning on the usb source because else the first track sounds distorted (asked you about this before).

I thought of a way to solve this by adding an on/off switch between LPS-1 and microRendu.

Could any harm come from daily switching off the microRendu?

Or would it be better to put the on/off switch before LPS-1 so both LPS-1 and microRendu get switched off daily?

My Job INTegrated needs to be turned on before turning on the usb source because else the first track sounds distorted (asked you about this before).

I thought of a way to solve this by adding an on/off switch between LPS-1 and microRendu.

Or would it be better to put the on/off switch before LPS-1 so both LPS-1 and microRendu get switched off daily?

Why do you turn anything off (unless saving tube life, which is not in the Job)? Never turn off digital gear, as the clocks need time to re-equalize thermally. Some say 24+ hours. Plus all the USB handshaking, etc. The electric bill can't be that much to ruin your daily investment in great digital gear.

I meant to ask about the stick. Just bought the microRendu and LPS-1 so I don't want to spend to much on an extra like this at the moment.

Alex of APL built me my first one back in 2003. I tried the HiFace USB powered stick that was 16/44, then the second gen 24/192, one. Then, the F-1. The F-1 is better than them all. Lucky the F-1 sounds so amazing. And, previously, when I was using a crappy computer, I didn't care about the IF, as SQ was so much worse with a string of hand me down computers: as opposed to CDs. Now that I have the microRendu, - digital file playback is better than CD for the first time.

Cheers,

Is this only related to the MicroRendu ?

Or did you have the same problem when using a PC, assuming that's what you have been using.

You can turn of or reboot the MicroRendu remotely, will that help you ?

Do not turn the LPS-1 on/off daily.

Do you turn off your PC and switch as well ?

I'm not concerned about nightly shut downs. If the DAC shows up in App / DAC Diagnostics you can try to reset the output mode in the App Switcher to see if that sorts it out. If the DAC does not show up in App / DAC diagnostics you may need to reboot.

Is this only related to the MicroRendu ?

Or did you have the same problem when using a PC, assuming that's what you have been using.

You can turn of or reboot the MicroRendu remotely, will that help you ?

Do not turn the LPS-1 on/off daily.

Do you turn off your PC and switch as well ?

It's related to the usb input of the amp. Job confirms the amp has to be turned on first. Switching the microRendu off and on after turning the amp on doesn't do the trick. It's easy enough to restart the first track. That solves the distortion. However I'm looking for a family friendly solution. A switch between LPS-1 and microRendu could be that family friendly solution.

I understand I'd better leave the LPS-1 turned on. I already had a feeling I should. Thanks for responding [emoji106]

I'm not concerned about nightly shut downs. If the DAC shows up in App / DAC Diagnostics you can try to reset the output mode in the App Switcher to see if that sorts it out. If the DAC does not show up in App / DAC diagnostics you may need to reboot.

Up to now switching microRendu on and off regularly never caused any problems. I was thinking long term. Thanks for your answer.

I wonder how the F-1 sounds in comparison to m2tech Evo Two with the dedicated PS. If anybody has already tried them both please share your experience.

Thanks!

I wonder how the F-1 sounds in comparison to m2tech Evo Two with the dedicated PS. If anybody has already tried them both please share your experience.

Thanks!

Will do. Already exchanged the EVO with a F1. However now that I have two LPS-1 available for a short period, I will do the last verification.

With its original power the EVO loose, over the combination MicroRendu + F1. (And I probably don't have the latest firmware inside the F1).

Also, I know the SU-1 already has been powered with the LPS-1 with very good results. You should find the thread by a search.

I use a Audioquest coffee USB cable. Have not tested other options.

Thanks R1200CL!

This is the chain of the audio devices I'm currently using:

Roon on Mac Pro 2010 > microRendu with LPS1 > HiFace EVO 2 (with dedicated PS)>M2tech Vaughan (AES)>LUXMAN - P-1u (balanced input) >HD800.

Qnap TS-469L NAS as music library

I wonder if replacing (HiFace EVO 2 + dedicated PS) with (F1 with LPS1) would make any noticeable improvement in SQ

Thanks R1200CL!

I wonder if replacing (HiFace EVO 2 + dedicated PS) with (F1 with LPS1) would make any noticeable improvement in SQ

The F1 use Vbus power, so there you save yourself a LPS-1, unless you like to use a FMC and power it with a LPS1 [emoji3]

You may try use the LPS-1 on your EVO, and your other best power on the MicroRendu. You may achieve better SQ.

(Have not done the tests yet).

R1200CL,

I noticed that EVO being connected to microrendu via USB can work without external PS. Not sure if I still should use the PS.

Thanks!