IGNORED

Sonore microRendu

Why not do 2.3.1 then so it's clear?

2.3 is the version of the 'core' MicroRendu software, the OS if you will. And Roon is a separate 'app' which has it's own version numbering. You can check the version numbers for installed apps under their icons at: Apps > Software Manager > Installed Apps. When I ran the update Roon went from 1.1.7 to 1.1.8

If the core version number was tied to an app update that would get confusing quickly. eg. if you didn't have the Roon app installed then you wouldn't get the '2.3.1' update and so on.

I can't help but think some changes to the GUI could make things clearer though. Clicking update software on the main tab doesn't make it clear that it is also updating the apps. If there was some indication of what had available updates, and each separate app had a button for it's update then it might be easier to follow?

update-available.jpg

Mind you it's a lot easier to draw something like this than coding, testing and deploying it!

2.3 is the version of the 'core' MicroRendu software, the OS if you will. And Roon is a separate 'app' which has it's own version numbering. You can check the version numbers for installed apps under their icons at: Apps > Software Manager > Installed Apps. When I ran the update Roon went from 1.1.7 to 1.1.8

If the core version number was tied to an app update that would get confusing quickly. eg. if you didn't have the Roon app installed then you wouldn't get the '2.3.1' update and so on.

I can't help but think some changes to the GUI could make things clearer though. Clicking update software on the main tab doesn't make it clear that it is also updating the apps. If there was some indication of what had available updates, and each separate app had a button for it's update then it might be easier to follow?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]29943[/ATTACH]

Mind you it's a lot easier to draw something like this than coding and testing it.

Good feedback actually. Especially for owners of microRendu's that don't visit this forum and might be unaware of updates. An indicator like you suggested would help. But i'm not a coding expert too though.

Sent from my Blackberry DTEK50 using Tapatalk

Jesus, do you plan to make available for sale the beautiful "black" version of the microRendu I saw at RMAF?

I would even be willing to buy an empty black enclosure to mate my microRendu to the Uptone LPS-1 power supply which is black :-)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]29943[/ATTACH]

Mind you it's a lot easier to draw something like this than coding, testing and deploying it!

I totally get what you're saying but for the people that don't monitor this forum they might not ever get updates which can cause headaches for support down the road. If it was a simple ".1" update that just correlated to whatever update at least people know there is an update waiting. If that versioning isn't ideal then a simple "update required" on the main screen would make sense to me. Something is better than having to read a forum thread to get an update. Our other computers (phones and laptops) do this and this isn't any different. Even my AURALiC MINI does this.

W10 NUC i7 (Gen 10) > Roon (Audiolense FIR) > Motu UltraLite mk5 > (4) Hypex NCore NC502MP > JBL M2 Master Reference +4 subs

Watch my Podcast https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXMw_bZWBMtRWNJQfTJ38kA/videos

Here is an image of the black microRendu that was at RMAF with my Uptone Audio LPS-1 power supply.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]29967[/ATTACH]

Looks outstanding! Jesus, would you also trade-in the silver ones for the black?

MacBook Pro + Roon > Airport Extreme > microRendu + mbps-d2s > Auralic Vega > McIntosh MC275 > Yamaha NS-2000

Wired with: High Fidelity CT-1 Enhanced RCA, Revelation Audio Labs, Fadel Art Coherence PC

I totally get what you're saying but for the people that don't monitor this forum they might not ever get updates which can cause headaches for support down the road. If it was a simple ".1" update that just correlated to whatever update at least people know there is an update waiting. If that versioning isn't ideal then a simple "update required" on the main screen would make sense to me. Something is better than having to read a forum thread to get an update. Our other computers (phones and laptops) do this and this isn't any different. Even my AURALiC MINI does this.

I also agree that the update process should be clearer. If I hadn’t read this forum I would be none the wiser. It would also be nice to receive some form of notification that a update is available rather than having to randomly check for updates.

I also agree that the update process should be clearer. If I hadn’t read this forum I would be none the wiser. It would also be nice to receive some form of notification that a update is available rather than having to randomly check for updates.

OR just auto update the unit like others do. That's fine with me too!

W10 NUC i7 (Gen 10) > Roon (Audiolense FIR) > Motu UltraLite mk5 > (4) Hypex NCore NC502MP > JBL M2 Master Reference +4 subs

Watch my Podcast https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXMw_bZWBMtRWNJQfTJ38kA/videos

Here is an image of the black microRendu that was at RMAF with my Uptone Audio LPS-1 power supply.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]29967[/ATTACH]

I would love it if we could just buy the empty black case and transfer the board from the silver one.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +_iFi  AC iPurifiers >Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Conditioning+Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Listening: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Matrix Element i Streamer/DAC (XLR)+Schiit Freya>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: RPi 3B+ running RoPieee to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

What is the difference between version 2.3 and 2.1?

Over time we have added additional support for DACs that support native DSD, updates the various Apps for bug fixes and additional features, and improved the Sonicorbiter operating system.

Over time we have added additional support for DACs that support native DSD, updates the various Apps for bug fixes and additional features, and improved the Sonicorbiter operating system.

Thanks but will I get a better end point discovery function or better sonics if I upgrade to 2.3 from 2.1?