IGNORED

Sonore microRendu

How about we let this play itself out and change the topic? I'm getting close to setting the price on the micoRendu. What do you guys think it will be?

Jesus R

I hope it is only $550 but I would not be surprised if it is $700-$800. I base this on you bringing to market a kick-ass product at a kick-ass price.

As an aside I sent George at exaSound an email. I await a response. Moving on.

Ambassador for Sound Galleries Monaco and Taiko Audio The Netherlands 

Sound Test USA

[email protected]

Sound Galleries SGM 2015 Music Server>ROON-all rates up-sampled to DSD512 by HQ Player>Sablon Reserva 2017 USB>T+A DAC 8 DSD>Merrill Audio Veritas Ncore NC1200 Mono Amps>B&W 802D>High Fidelity Cables Interconnect, Speaker & Power Cords for Amps & SGM & T+A>Power Conditioning High Fidelity MC-6 Hemisphere>T+A & Hemisphere supported by Stillpoints Ultra Mini - B&W 802D & Veritas supported by Stillpoints Ultra SS>All sitting on IKEA Aptitlig bamboo butcher blocks - Taiko Audio Setchi active grounding on SGM & T+A

I don't know what the price will be, but I know what I will be willing to part with, and over 300$ I will have to pass.. However good it may be, it is still a small computer board... At 500$, those are pretty serious margins !

Here in France there is a company selling an olimex card, which costs 30 euros, for 300. Claims the board is customized. The software actually looks like a copy of the SonicOrbiter...

Anyway, to each their own. If it is really that good, 300 $ seems justified, but certainly not 1000...

How about we let this play itself out and change the topic? I'm getting close to setting the price on the micoRendu. What do you guys think it will be?

Jesus R

I want one (two, really) really badly, and I think $199 would be fabulous ;) but $299 would be OK for a USB-only device. Higher than that and it would be difficult to get me to pull the trigger.

John Walker - IT Executive

Headphone - SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable Ethernet > mRendu Roon endpoint > Topping D90 > Topping A90d > Dan Clark Expanse / HiFiMan H6SE v2 / HiFiman Arya Stealth

Home Theater / Music -SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable HDMI > Denon X3700h > Anthem Amp for front channels > Revel F208-based 5.2.4 Atmos speaker system

Well, since Jesus said that the SE will be discontinued, and all the comments on this page it seems like it's got to be somewhere between $199 and $549. I am hoping that it will come in below the SE's $299. That would likely give it a good chance of favorable press and much success.

I also hope that we'll soon get a ballpark on availability date before me and others decide to go another route. Issues with my mac mini are forcing a change soon, and the microrendu has been on my short list. Certainly looking forward to hearing all the scoop.

Digital Source: Synology DS415+ NAS  and Small Green Computer SonicTransporter i5 Running Roon Core > Blue Jean Cable Cat6a >TP optical converter > Sonore OpticalRendu with Sonore LPS> Curious USB > Denafrips Pontus DAC

Analog Source: Dynavector XX2 mk2> Audiomods Series 5 silver arm > Sota Nova Series VI turntable w/Condor & Roadrunner motor controller/tachometer > Nagra BPS battery powered phono stage>

Both: BAT VK51SE preamp> Krell FPB300 power amp > Sound Lab A3 ESLs > > Custom room treatment > 50 yr. old ears(left-handed)

Jesus R

I'd say it has to be significantly more than the not bespoke hardware on the Sonic Orbiter SE.

So at least $500.

My guess: $700 without PS upgrade.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

Since the SE will be discontinued max price should be between $399-$499. Personally I would vote for a $399 price tag, though the import duties in Europe would be high enough to reach a final ~$600...

I think that smaller, independent companies should think about the import duties in Europe, which can raise the final price significantly.

Sent from my iPhone using Computer Audiophile mobile app

The Sonicorbiter SE will NOT be discontinued.

Jesus R

Yes, I was wondering where THAT came from.

I am hoping the MicroRendu will be less than $400. Add (cheap) power supply, freight and tax to 400 and it would be around $625 here in Norway

Very sorry that I stated that the SE will be discontinued upon launch of Microrendu. I misunderstood this earlier comment by Jesus: "08-13-2015, 06:58 PM

The Sonore Sonic Orbiter will be discontinued when the
microRendu
is officially launched. The only affects the hardware as the software will remain under development for the
microRendu

Jesus R"

When I first learned of Sonore it was via a friend's Signature Rendu. Then I read about the SE and the pending microrendu. Never knew about the Sonic Orbiter that is isn't the SE, hence my misunderstanding.

So now my guess is that the Microrendu price will be higher than $299 and likely out of my range of consideration at the present time. I'm hoping that it comes in under $399.

Digital Source: Synology DS415+ NAS  and Small Green Computer SonicTransporter i5 Running Roon Core > Blue Jean Cable Cat6a >TP optical converter > Sonore OpticalRendu with Sonore LPS> Curious USB > Denafrips Pontus DAC

Analog Source: Dynavector XX2 mk2> Audiomods Series 5 silver arm > Sota Nova Series VI turntable w/Condor & Roadrunner motor controller/tachometer > Nagra BPS battery powered phono stage>

Both: BAT VK51SE preamp> Krell FPB300 power amp > Sound Lab A3 ESLs > > Custom room treatment > 50 yr. old ears(left-handed)

Very sorry that I stated that the SE will be discontinued upon launch of Microrendu. I misunderstood this earlier comment by Jesus: "08-13-2015, 06:58 PM

The Sonore Sonic Orbiter will be discontinued when the
microRendu
is officially launched. The only affects the hardware as the software will remain under development for the
microRendu

Jesus R"

When I first learned of Sonore it was via a friend's Signature Rendu. Then I read about the SE and the pending microrendu. Never knew about the Sonic Orbiter that is isn't the SE, hence my misunderstanding.

So now my guess is that the Microrendu price will be higher than $299 and likely out of my range of consideration at the present time. I'm hoping that it comes in under $399.

Same here.

this is getting annoying !

Just get a different dac. That will prove the point when you exaSound owners start to sell them off. There are many good dacs out there that sound as good or better for the same cost.

Please suggest some DACs that are as good as or better than the ExaSound E22 and will do DSD256 via native DSD with the microRendu, because frankly, I'm having a little trouble doing so. (Maybe I'm factoring in price point too heavily?)

--David

Listening Room: Mac mini (Roon Core) > iMac (HQP) > exaSound PlayPoint (as NAA) > exaSound e32 > W4S STP-SE > Benchmark AHB2 > Wilson Sophia Series 2 (Details)

Office: Mac Pro >  AudioQuest DragonFly Red > JBL LSR305

Mobile: iPhone 6S > AudioQuest DragonFly Black > JH Audio JH5

Please suggest some DACs that are as good as or better than the ExaSound E22 and will do DSD256 via native DSD with the microRendu, because frankly, I'm having a little trouble doing so. (Maybe I'm factoring in price point too heavily?)

--David

Lampi DSD...Ohhh, I am in love!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Computer Audiophile mobile app

I'm getting close to setting the price on the micoRendu. What do you guys think it will be?

US$750, not including power supply.

--David

Listening Room: Mac mini (Roon Core) > iMac (HQP) > exaSound PlayPoint (as NAA) > exaSound e32 > W4S STP-SE > Benchmark AHB2 > Wilson Sophia Series 2 (Details)

Office: Mac Pro >  AudioQuest DragonFly Red > JBL LSR305

Mobile: iPhone 6S > AudioQuest DragonFly Black > JH Audio JH5