IGNORED

Sonore microRendu

Thanks for the reply.

Indeed my technical understanding does go this far thankfully. NUC is connected to Router as is QNAP NAS with my music collection on it.

It it looks just the sort of product for me, is there a waiting list that I can put my name on or once it becomes available will there be a plentiful supply?

SJB

Please give feedback of that combination, as I am looking into that great DAC of yours...

BTW, will you use an external preamp with Hugo TT?

Please give feedback of that combination, as I am looking into that great DAC of yours...

BTW, will you use an external preamp with Hugo TT?

Well it's an 8 week wait for the Hugo and an undefined wait for the microRendu but certainly I'll come back with feedback (and most likely loads of questions)

I won't be using the pre-put capability of the Hugo TT, it will go into my Naim pre-amp.

SJB

Jesus-

Getting pretty excited about this device as the launch date nears.

Can you confirm that it will work with a Mytek 192 DSD DAC, as do earlier Sonic Orbiter based devices?

Thanks

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

Jesus-

Getting pretty excited about this device as the launch date nears.

Can you confirm that it will work with a Mytek 192 DSD DAC, as do earlier Sonic Orbiter based devices?

Thanks

The microRendu and the SonicOrbiter SE both support the Mytek 192 DSD DAC and the Manhattan DAC. There is also native DSD support for the Brooklyn DAC.

Jesus R

Can I ask a couple of 'basic' questions-

How to best stream Tidal without Roon integration through the microRendu?

How to stream MQA file format when they eventually become available on Tidal?

Roon / Tidal will work with the microRendu's RoonReady output mode. Nothing special is needed to support MQA and the microRendu is already capable of passing the stream to your MQA enabled device.

Jesus R

Hi,

In MPD mode, is the library stored locally on a USB drive or can it be a network share?

Thanks.

The DLNA/MPD output mode uses DLNA to get remote streams to MPD for playback. It's very good at doing this and most people use it that way.

Jesus R

No. You need the Roon / RoonReady combination to stream Tidal.Jesus R

Have you considered supporting HQPlayer Embedded? Then we could stream TIDAL using BubbleUPnP.

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

I think I may have misunderstood your reply. In the Sonicorbiter SE, there are two modes: MPD as a UPNP client, and regular MPD, with access to a local library (USB disk) and use with MPD playback software (MPDroid, etc...). Is the pure "MPD" mode available on the micro Rendu ?

Thanks,

The microRendu does not support local storage, it has one USB port which is optimized for plugging into a DAC. Theoretically you could put a hub on that port, but then you are throwing away all the "goodness" by driving the DAC from an external hub.

You can certainly mount an external file share (say from a NAS) and use that with MPD, I THINK Sonicorbiter has an app for mounting shares (Jesus will have to give you the lowdown on that).

John S.

The microRendu does not support local storage, it has one USB port which is optimized for plugging into a DAC. Theoretically you could put a hub on that port, but then you are throwing away all the "goodness" by driving the DAC from an external hub.

You can certainly mount an external file share (say from a NAS) and use that with MPD, I THINK Sonicorbiter has an app for mounting shares (Jesus will have to give you the lowdown on that).

John S.

It would be nice to have that feature (definitely would not want a USB hub on the output).

John, Jesus, I have a fellow-up question regarding the use of the microRendu with HQP NAA with an exaSound DAC.

Now I know that Jesus mentioned earlier that at this time there is no support for the exaSound ASIO Driver but I was wondering if the following configuration could work.

My plan is to use my Mac Mini as the workhorse (it would run Roon/HQP integrated). Music files are externally connected to the Mac Min by Thunderbolt. All files would be up-sampled to quad DSD using HQP.

I would connect the Mac Mini to the microRendu by Ethernet and use the HQP NAA in the microRendu. Then connect the microRendu to the exaSound by the USB.

I know others are doing the above configuration using another PC in place of the microRendu.

Your thoughts on this would be appreciated.

Ambassador for Sound Galleries Monaco and Taiko Audio The Netherlands 

Sound Test USA

[email protected]

Sound Galleries SGM 2015 Music Server>ROON-all rates up-sampled to DSD512 by HQ Player>Sablon Reserva 2017 USB>T+A DAC 8 DSD>Merrill Audio Veritas Ncore NC1200 Mono Amps>B&W 802D>High Fidelity Cables Interconnect, Speaker & Power Cords for Amps & SGM & T+A>Power Conditioning High Fidelity MC-6 Hemisphere>T+A & Hemisphere supported by Stillpoints Ultra Mini - B&W 802D & Veritas supported by Stillpoints Ultra SS>All sitting on IKEA Aptitlig bamboo butcher blocks - Taiko Audio Setchi active grounding on SGM & T+A

No. You need the Roon / RoonReady combination to stream Tidal.Jesus R

Jesus, on the micro rendu product page it says "Supports Tidal and Qobuz lossless streaming in ... DLNA output mode".

Can you please briefly explain how I'd configure things to make this work? Your earlier statement made it sound like there's no way to stream TIDAL without Roon, and I hope that's not what you meant.

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

I think I may have misunderstood your reply. In the Sonicorbiter SE, there are two modes: MPD as a UPNP client, and regular MPD, with access to a local library (USB disk) and use with MPD playback software (MPDroid, etc...). Is the pure "MPD" mode available on the micro Rendu ?

Thanks,

I have not decided yet to include the Drive Mounter option on the microRendu.

Jesus R

What about using JRiver with Tidal to stream through the microRendu?

Use the JRiver WDM driver in Tidal, which routes into JRiver, and then DLNA to the microRendu? No Roon needed. Might this work?

I'm not sure if JRiver supports this function. We would have to get clarification from them.

Jesus R

John, Jesus, I have a fellow-up question regarding the use of the microRendu with HQP NAA with an exaSound DAC.

Now I know that Jesus mentioned earlier that at this time there is no support for the exaSound ASIO Driver but I was wondering if the following configuration could work.

My plan is to use my Mac Mini as the workhorse (it would run Roon/HQP integrated). Music files are externally connected to the Mac Min by Thunderbolt. All files would be up-sampled to quad DSD using HQP.

I would connect the Mac Mini to the microRendu by Ethernet and use the HQP NAA in the microRendu. Then connect the microRendu to the exaSound by the USB.

I know others are doing the above configuration using another PC in place of the microRendu.

Your thoughts on this would be appreciated.

That will not work.

Jesus R