IGNORED

Sonore microRendu

Discussions (good, bad or indifferent) about competing products will need to take place elsewhere. Please understand that this is a sponsored section intended for the sole purpose of promoting products from Sonore and Small Green Computer.

This seems inconsistent with how this forum works. Lots of people - me included - have posted about how much better the Rendu is than what it replaced. There are endless posts about the Regen, tweaks like it and the LPS1. Why the sudden change with the SOTM?

Sent from my iPhone using Computer Audiophile

This seems inconsistent with how this forum works. Lots of people - me included - have posted about how much better the Rendu is than what it replaced. There are endless posts about the Regen, tweaks like it and the LPS1. Why the sudden change with the SOTM?

There is no sudden change and as noted before this is a sponsored section. I actively promote complementary products such as those from Uptone Audio, Roon, JRiver, ect.

There is no sudden change and as noted before this is a sponsored section. I actively promote complementary products such as those from Uptone Audio, Roon, JRiver, ect.

So ok to post how the Rendu sounds better than an Aries mini is cool, but posts saying you liked the Aries, SOTM, Lumin etc better will be taken down? Not much of a robust discussion if that's the case.

So ok to post how the Rendu sounds better than an Aries mini is cool, but posts saying you liked the Aries, SOTM, Lumin etc better will be taken down? Not much of a robust discussion if that's the case.

This is not the place to launch products from our competitors. I simply asked that they be posted elsewhere.

Yeah! That's true rebooting sometimes can be fussy on some uRendu. I have three uRendu and it is not easy for firmware upgrade when DAC is Mytek stuff. Unplug does not seem to help but thank you for the advice anyway.

I will contact Juses tomorrow. Just found his email contact in my home laptop.

I'm not Jesus but you might need to pull the plug, wait 15 seconds and plug it back in.

Some units are a bit temperamental when it comes to rebooting.

Checking on compatibility and or settings for the Rendu and the Jolida FX Tube DAC III...i recently swapped this DAC into my system in place of a Micromega MyDAC and the volume level was significantly lower. The Jolida has a volume control (the MyDAC does not) but it was turned up to max volume so I could use my Peachtree integrated amp's volume control. I unplugged the DAC and brought to my office for a quick test on a different system without the Rendu and using the SPL meter on my iPhone but this time there was no change in volume when swapping DACs. Any idea what could be going on?

One dac has higher output voltage than the other?

Roon client on iPad/MacBookPro

Roon Server & HQPlayer on Mac Mini 2.0 GHz i7 with JS-2

LPS-1 & ultraRendu → Lampizator Atlantic → Bent Audio TAP-X → Atma-sphere M60 → Zero autoformers → Harbeth Compact 7 ES-3

Computer Audiophile's Overall Product of the Year!

Congratulations!

Easily!

1. WiiM Pro - Mola Mola Makua - Apollon NCx500+SS2590 - March Audio Sointuva AWG

2. LG 77C1 - Marantz SR7005 - Apollon NC502MP+NC252MP - Monitor Audio PL100+PLC150+C265 - SVS SB-3000

3. PC - RME ADI-2 DAC FS - Neumann KH 80 DSP

4. Phone - Tanchjim Space - Truthear Zero Red

5. PC - Keysion ES2981 - Truthear Zero Red

Yeah! That's true rebooting sometimes can be fussy on some uRendu. I have three uRendu and it is not easy for firmware upgrade when DAC is Mytek stuff. Unplug does not seem to help but thank you for the advice anyway.

Okay, I replied to your email. Also I'm moving these posts to the support thread.

Just the original 192/DSD and the 1st version Manhattan DAC. The Mytek DAC has nothing to do with the update issue he is reporting.

Checking on compatibility and or settings for the Rendu and the Jolida FX Tube DAC III...i recently swapped this DAC into my system in place of a Micromega MyDAC and the volume level was significantly lower. The Jolida has a volume control (the MyDAC does not) but it was turned up to max volume so I could use my Peachtree integrated amp's volume control. I unplugged the DAC and brought to my office for a quick test on a different system without the Rendu and using the SPL meter on my iPhone but this time there was no change in volume when swapping DACs. Any idea what could be going on?

Go to Apps / DAC Diagnostics and press the Volume Max button. If that does not solve it you have volume or another form of DSP enabled someplace.

I received my Microrendu a couple of weeks ago and, like most everyone else I have been using it with the iFi iPower power supply and loving it. Yesterday the Uptone Audio UltraCap LPS-1 arrived (thanks Uptone for the early delivery!) and I plugged it in using a brand new DC-4 power cable from Sonore. I was prepared to be stunned - but - it really didn't sound much different to me than what I was hearing using the iFi iPower supply.

Fast forward one day, and the UltraCap LPS-1 has come to life - the sound of my system has become frighteningly good, I'm not going to repeat how others have described the improvements, suffice it to say I am floored by what I am hearing.

I had a less intense version of that experience when I replaced the Teddy Pardo LPS I had powering my uRendu with an LPS-1. Out of the box the LPS-1 was not a winner, but after one day, it got better than the Teddy Pardo setup, although not by a lot. I got a DC-4 later, but did not notice much further improvement except on the aesthetics of the setup 8-)

Well deserved -- the microRendu has been by far the most cost-effective upgrade in my digital front end.

Steve Z

VPI-HW40 Anniversary turntable, Grado Aeon3 cartridge; Teres turntable, VPI Fatboy gimbal, Dynavector XV1-S, Lyra Helikon mono; Taiko Audio Extreme server, dCS Vivaldi DAC, Upsampler Plus and Clock, Cybershaft OP21 Reference Clock; Playback Designs Pinot ADC; D'Agostino Momentum M400 amplifiers, Momentum HD preamp, Momentum phono stage; Wilson Audio Alexx speakers, 2X3 SVS SB16 Ultra subwoofers; Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR & Typhon, Shunyata Sigma NR & Alpha NR power cords, Sigma interconnects, digital and speaker cables; Stillpoints ESS grid system rack; Stillpoints Ultras and Ultra 5s, component stands and cones under everything, ASC Tube Traps . . . and lots and lots of music.

Anyone know if it will recognize an Emotiva XMC-1 Processor?

I use one in my headphone rig with my Mytek fed via HQPlayer and Roon and that's a home run.

Roon + HQ Player; Trinnov Altitude32; Bricasti M3 with Ethernet and headphone amp; Pro Audio Technology 28212ai active speakers and amps plus four 15" subs; MSB Reference DAC wi/ Digital Director; Antipodes K50 server; MadVR video processing with JVC NZ9 projector; Kii3 + Control in another room; Accourate, Trinnov, and Dirac bass management and room correction; extensive RPG room treatment; HifiMan and Focal cans; Decware Taboo Mk3; 20 amp hospital grade UPS; EtherRegen, Sonore Empirical Audio and SOTM, all on LPS, feeding DACs

Anyone know if it will recognize an Emotiva XMC-1 Processor?

I use one in my headphone rig with my Mytek fed via HQPlayer and Roon and that's a home run.

I have used an microrendu with my XMC-1 for 8 month and it works perfectly, it sounds really great, I have also added an LPS1 to it and that really did wonders too!