IGNORED

Sonore microRendu

4 hours ago, R1200CL said:

In my system the ISO REGEN added a "curtain" after the MicroRendu 1.4, so if you have to go further, go for the UltraRendu. 

Starquad DC cable and two LPS-1 I was using when testing. 

Maybe adding a new Ethernet cable, and a proper star quad Canare 46S DC cable is what you should do first in any case ?

Another trick is to find an old D-link 10/100 switch (or similar) that accepts 7 VDC and put it between your present switch and the MicroRendu and power it with a LPS-1. 

This is is reasonable to do, well except for the LPS-1, but you can easily return it or sell at same price. 

Thanks for the feedback. I am presently using a ZenWave power cable from the LPS-1 to my mR. The feed to the LPS-1, my hard drives and network switch (Pakedge) are all being powered via a PI Audio Battery Buss so no SMPS's anywhere in my system. Using Audioquest Ethernet cables along with a EN70-HD and Aquvox GISO LAN Isolators. The mR is fed directly from my Mac Mini using the Network Bridge setup.

The Hard Discs and Switch are all 12v so the LPS-1 presently is not an option.

I am on my second Battery with regards to the Buss, so I may look to do something different down the road as they are expensive. We'll see, may decide to do a custom LPS at some point. On a side note I may try the "Lush" USB Cable in place of the Curious USB.

7 hours ago, R1200CL said:

You should try Uptone Audio USPCB. Maybe buy 2 each of one version.  ? They are good. 

I will probably try this, less expensive. The short Curious cable replaced the short Aqvox I was using with my Amber Regen.

I was unable to get a full length cable to work with my original mR, I had a Wireworld Platinum USB cable, 1.0 Meter. Always thought minimum 1.0 meter for digital, never compared short vs. long however.