IGNORED

Sonore microRendu

I'm giving the mailing list a 24 hours head start. I'll open up general sales on the website tomorrow afternoon.

I see it says it supports up to DSD512. Is this with NAA? I am getting a T&A unit to try out DSD512 up sampling with HQP. I saw in another post it was limited to 256 so just looking for clarification.

Also is there a list of DACS supported. My main DAC is a MSB Diamond Plus.

Thanks

To my knowledge the T+A requires Windows to play dsd512, the sonore is linux based.

Unless T+A didn't update the software, I think the Rendu and the DAC8 are not working together with DSD512.

Appreciate it. Yeah, I posted hastily as AFTER I reviewed the 1200 some odd posts, I found the answer to both my questions stuck in there. I still have a use for the device with my "portable rig" with my Mojo replacing my HUGO and will try it with my MSB and be a royal pain in the ass to them to provide Jesus with whatever they need to support NativeDSD 256 although as others have indicated there is probably not much of a benefit for that DAC.

Thanks.

Just curious if MSB has responded to you regarding providing you with the info you need for microRendu to support their DirectDSD. While I understand that there is little if no benefit compared to DoP, I have recordings that do DSD256 and would be nice to be able to use your device with my MSB.

• 1 month later...
This is correct. You also need the PlayDSD plug-in enabled. This will send DSD to SqueezeLite and SqueezeLite will send DSD/DoP to your device.

Jesus,

I finally got a chance to use it with my MSB Diamond Plus. You had indicated when I did, to send you the data sheet from the microrendu that shows the interaction between the two. No issue playing DoP and not that it is a biggy, but if you want to see the data sheet to try to implement direct DSD with MSB let me know where to send it. It is the best I have heard my MSB to date. Thanks

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hey Howie,

Listening the microRendu with HQPlayer set to DSD128 sounds better here than straight Roon with the Analog DAC.

I'm looking forward to DSD256 support.

ROON is IMHO the worst player. I like either Roon-->HQP ( with no upsampling or filters) or JRiver the best.

Roon as a player from an SQ standpoint doesn't cut it.

Just wondering as I have not found Roon sounding that bad. Maybe not the ultimate, but so far I have been satisfied. I am using a linear supply Pi2, I2s to a Digi+ SPDIF output as an endpoint. I also run a fiber network and a linear / Pico supply Xeon server running Server 2012r2 and Audiophile Optimizer. Convenience and features vs ultimate sound quality will always be a bit of a trade-off.

Regards

Bob

Bob

By no means did I mean to imply "bad" it's just in comparison to JRiver or HQPlayer as I currently have in my setup. I should have been more thorough. Sorry about that. With few exceptions Roon is the best front end; still waiting for filters by resolution and an "asset" button like in JRiver to view album inserts (PDF).

Plus I am waiting for an update to the uRendu for optimum playback with my Quad USB card on my MSB Diamond V. I am currently waiting for a new replacement quad USB input for my newly updated DAC as I am having some driver issues which they think may be the result of an old or bad generation of quad USB input. I will know on Wednesday when the replacement arrives and I can play Roon through the uRendu (hopefully) even if DoP.

However with my Diamond Plus IV I must say I found JRiver via my CAPs better. BUT I remain open minded and I want nothing more than a Roon-->uRendu to match what I am getting now.

Coming off comparing to the T&A DAC 8 which is excellent the MSB is so good in my system it's hard to change my "optimal" settings BUT I remain open.

Howie

What PS are you using? BTW you won't have to wait to long for the native DSD update...it should available this week.

Looking forward to it.

Right now I am using the iFi PS. However, I have a dual rail Kaia that I will use (right now set up at 5v and 12v which I now use for my CAPS) or I will get a new Uptone LPS-1 when released.

As to the MSB I am looking forward to it. I too hope the ID's are the same.

The USB IDs came from a MSB Analog DAC, but they "should" be the same for the other USB models. If not we will have to update the Kernel again. No news to report on the Amenero Combo384 Module.

Jesus,

I am assuming when there is an update for the MSB native DSD it will be a general firmware update different than the current or will you be posting something specific for our DACS to update?

Thanks

Howie

Update your unit and give it a try. I need to clear an unrelated item before I make the official announcement.

Jesus,

Thanks.

Got it running, however, I am having some issues after the update. Not sure if it is specific to my unit or a general issue. I couldn't get DLNA to work yet Roon worked fine. Finally removed the DLNA app, reinstalled it and still nothing. Finally shutting down the unit, turning it back on THEN attaching the USB cable already attached to my DAC enabled DLNA. Then tried to go back to Roon and had the same problem when going back to Roon.

Before the update just a change in app was all that was required for all to be recognized without any rebooting/turning off, etc.

Not sure if anything happened during the update as the screen just said "complete" after all the steps and the web app works fine and all apps show up correctly.

Any comments? Is there are way to reflash the update?

Thanks

• 1 month later...

Just my updated experience. Got my LPS-1 for my uRendu for my MSB Diamond V. Was running it both DLNA and tried Roon endpoint and didn't like it as much compared to my Caps/Jriver/CoreTechLps/Jcat combo. Roon endpoint mode really didn't do it for me.

Just switched to NAA without any upsampling of HQPlayer a totally different setup obviously compared to my T&A DAC DSD and it truly is wonderful. Not a huge quantum improvement of the Caps above using JRiver or in NAA but any improvement is welcome and this seems like the ticket for me. The LPS-1 has been burning in since Friday.

Much happier today with this purchase as this was my last iteration before listing it for sale. Really excellent and probably the very first time I have heard anything top my Caps/Jcat/KaiaCoreTechLPS combination

Jesus

Finally put the time in and got rid of all bugs and got my uRendu running DLNA, my preference with the MSB Diamond V HOWEVER when I change DSD tracks or move forward or back in the track I am not getting a small click but a loud and powerful popping as though someone pushed a stylus on a record on a turntable. It is frightening. Playing same direct from my Caps is flawless without pops or any noise between tracks or panning. Playing Direct DSD and all resolutions showing as they should.

Any hints?

This boils down to how the DAC responds to the signal it is receiving. On a PC the manufacturer develops a ASIO driver for the unit. That driver doesn't exist for Mac or Linux. All we can do is send the DAC the bit perfect stream. It's up to the DAC to properly mute the signal between these user inputs. For whatever reason DoP solves the issue.

With DoP no 256DSD

it seems I can win