IGNORED

Sonore microRendu

I am enjoying the Microrendu but the unit is clearly too hot. I have air space all around it plus heat sinks on top of it. It is too hot to keep fingers on for very long. I have connected via included usb connector to Schiit Yggy DAC. I thought I read here you can lower the voltage of the Ifi ipower psu that i boought with the unit but I don't see how to do this. Suggestions? Thanks

• 3 months later...

Interesting hot microrendu observation. I have been using the microrendu with the provided hard USB connector to my Schiit Yggy. Sounds very nice but the microrendu becomes too hot for my liking and was led to believe this was due to the power consumption from Yggy. So I unplug the unit when not using(power cable to microrendu drom iFi psu. ) Because of network handshake issues I often had to do a whole ritual of pulling out the USB, restarting sonic orbiter, dac, software etc. Apparently the provided USB hard connector is not the best quality (costs about a dollar according to Sonore tech support) and pulling in and out of dac and microrendu wears out the connector pins. So i put in an old USB printer cable and it works fine. But now, the microrendu runs warm, not hot. So maybe the heat issue was due to the hard USB connector? I ordered a curious cable to replace. I will be curious to see if there is much diffence in SQ from my printer cable.

On 1/20/2018 at 6:46 PM, barrows said:

That was because the introduction of the Signature Rendu SE was imminent, and to use that Rendu an actual USB cable (rather than super short adapter, etc) is necessary.  Additionally, as I was anticipating that the performance of the Signature Rendu SE was going to be off the charts, I felt the need to really dig into USB cables to find a really good one which would allow the SE to show its full performance.

So far, I am most happy with the Nordost Tyr USB cable, but wish I could get  my hands on a Valhalla 2 USB cable...   I also use the Sonore USB, which is very good as well.

Hi, I am trying to select a USB cable for my new Signature Rendu SE. When I had a microrendu I used the short adapter. Prior to that I had tried the Curious cable but sold it when I got the Sonore short adapter since I thought it sounded as good if not better than the curious in my system.. I’m currently using an old printer cable and works pretty good with the Signature rendu se, I see you like the Nordost Tyr but when I looked it up I see it is over $1000!!! Any recommendations for me to use with the Signature rendu se in a more affordable range? I guess I shouldn’t be so cheap after shelling out $$$ for the Signature model but this seems a bit much to spend on a usb cable. Thanks for any recommendations.

Enjoying all the opinions on the signature renduese.  I had a microrendu feeding my Schiit Yggy with iFi power supply.  Sounded really good. I added isoregen with lps-1 power supply. Sounded better. Added Schiit gen5 usb upgrade, then analog upgrade to Yggy. Sounded better. Sold the isoregen with Lps-1 after the Yggy upgrade since the isoregen didn’t improve over what the gen5 usb was doing. Then added a Sonore Signature power supply with all the trimmings ( synergistic fuses, magnetics transformer). Finally, mortgaged my home to buy the Sonore Signature RenduSE with synergistic fuses and added a YFS USB cable. A wonderful improvement. Now don’t get me wrong. I enjoyed my system very much along the upgrade journey . The final kit just provides me with the overall balance and sound I was looking for. I had some of the same questions being asked here. Would an ultra Rendu with the Lps or signature PS be as good etc. I can only say each step improved on the listening experience and can’t imagine getting anything much better. Well done engineering and sound. Congrats to the Sonore team on well executed design.

PS Audio BHK PRE AMP

ATC SCM50 actives

Cullen Cable interconnects, all balanced

sonic transporter with Roon core