IGNORED

Sonore microRendu

In my system the microRendu is a big improvement over my former source (pioneer N-30 streamer). Every system benefits from a good source. And microRendu really makes a difference here. Of course you will need a good dac to get the most out of it. Also a good power supply will do a lot for microRendu. Other optimizations won't matter as much. In my experience.

• 2 weeks later...
I am getting my Shiit Jotunheim next week. It will be fed by the uRendu.

The DAC module tackle up to PCM 192/24 but I have many hirez DSD files on my NAS.

Is there a way to get the uRendu to perform an on-the-fly transcoding of selected file types prior to transferring it to my USB DAC?

Minimserver on the NAS can do transcoding.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
I'm currently using a Netgear GS105 (gigabit) switch with my system and am wondering if I will hear much if any improvement by using instead a 100Mbps switch, having I think read somewhere that gigabit switches can be noisier and that this speed is not needed for audio. The layout of my system is modem/router, NAS and mRendu (LPS-1) all plugged into the switch with normal cat 6/6e ethernet cables.

Also, can anyone give me a very short idiot's guide on FMCs - what they are intended to do to improve sound quality and when they should be used. My entire system, including all cabling and connections will be in one room, so no long lengths of cable. Would FMCs do anything for my system? Thanks

This is discussed in detail in the Auralic Aries and Sonore microRendu listening impressions threat. Maybe it is better to keep this discussion over there. [emoji16]

• 2 weeks later...
No, but what are using today ?

Your amp has a volume control ?

(And I have a hiFace EVO for sale).

My Job INTegrated has usb and coax input. Usb is okay but the amp needs to be turned on before turning on the usb source. That's not practical.

If I keep the source powered when I turn on the amp the first track sounds distorted. Restarting the track solves this. So it's not a big problem but a nuisance.

The coax input doesn't have this problem. Hence my thoughts on a USB-SPDIF converter.

An other way to solve this issue would be to add an on/off switch between LPS-1 and microRendu or before LPS-1.

However I don't know if microRendu and or LPS-1 could be damaged by adding an on/off switch to the power cord.

Jesus can you help me with this?

My Job INTegrated needs to be turned on before turning on the usb source because else the first track sounds distorted (asked you about this before).

I thought of a way to solve this by adding an on/off switch between LPS-1 and microRendu.

Could any harm come from daily switching off the microRendu?

Or would it be better to put the on/off switch before LPS-1 so both LPS-1 and microRendu get switched off daily?

Is this only related to the MicroRendu ?

Or did you have the same problem when using a PC, assuming that's what you have been using.

You can turn of or reboot the MicroRendu remotely, will that help you ?

Do not turn the LPS-1 on/off daily.

Do you turn off your PC and switch as well ?

It's related to the usb input of the amp. Job confirms the amp has to be turned on first. Switching the microRendu off and on after turning the amp on doesn't do the trick. It's easy enough to restart the first track. That solves the distortion. However I'm looking for a family friendly solution. A switch between LPS-1 and microRendu could be that family friendly solution.

I understand I'd better leave the LPS-1 turned on. I already had a feeling I should. Thanks for responding [emoji106]

I'm not concerned about nightly shut downs. If the DAC shows up in App / DAC Diagnostics you can try to reset the output mode in the App Switcher to see if that sorts it out. If the DAC does not show up in App / DAC diagnostics you may need to reboot.

Up to now switching microRendu on and off regularly never caused any problems. I was thinking long term. Thanks for your answer.

• 2 weeks later...

Happy New Year!

I have a question about Spotify. I currently play Tidal or music from NAS to microRendu. Now I also want to play certain Spotify playlists. Bubbleupnp on my phone doesn't work. It needs root and Xposed. Rooting went okay but yesterday I bricked my Samsung phone when installing the wrong Xposed. At least I had something to do yesterday ?. After a few frantic hours it's functioning again.

Any one knows of an easy way to play Spotify to microRendu? I could use my phone or computer for this.

Or should I give Bubbleupnp and Xposed an other try?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G903F met Tapatalk

Happy New Year!

I have a question about Spotify. I currently play Tidal or music from NAS to microRendu. Now I also want to play certain Spotify playlists. Bubbleupnp on my phone doesn't work. It needs root and Xposed. Rooting went okay but yesterday I bricked my Samsung phone when installing the wrong Xposed. At least I had something to do yesterday ?. After a few frantic hours it's functioning again.

Any one knows of an easy way to play Spotify to microRendu? I could use my phone or computer for this.

Or should I give Bubbleupnp and Xposed an other try?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G903F met Tapatalk

Installed Xposed successfully this time. Bubbleupnp cast is functional. Haven't tested with Spotify yet. To be continued...

Synology NAS, LPS-1, microRendu, Job INTegrated, Penaudio Cenya.

Installed Xposed successfully this time. Bubbleupnp cast is functional. Haven't tested with Spotify yet. To be continued...

With the right Xposed Bubbleupnp module installed my Samsung phone plays Spotify easily in dlna mode ?.

• 2 weeks later...
Tnx Clipper!

Yes, it is a Saber chip and it was sounding very good over Macbook and Audirvana, also when Naim streamer, working as a player only, was connected with spdif cabel to Nuprime dac. I am using Supra usb cable and usb a-b adapter that comes with microrendu.

Since I have Synology NAS now with LMS, is it possible to install MQPlayer on NAS or it works only over computer, if not does any other mode on microrendu will help?

You could compare with Tidal HiFi. Since adding microRendu I prefer Tidal over NAS somehow.

• 4 weeks later...
. If both devices are extracting the audio data, is the difference that the mRendu analyzes the packet data to present it to the Roon or other applications running on the mRendu?

You should keep the functions server, control point and renderer apart.

A pc can be all three. For example using iTunes and connecting pc usb to dac.

MicroRendu reliefs the pc from the rendering task. As dedicated renderer microRendu is very successful. It sounds much better than most pc's and most other renderers.

Like me using a dedicated renderer you can leave the pc out of the chain and use a NAS (as server) instead.

In any of the above options you can add usb isolation in the chain.

Unless you already own a very optimized audio pc I would put my money on microRendu. In fact I did and I'm very happy with the result.

• 1 month later...
Thanks. I was expecting you wouldn't but hoping there was something I missed. So I guess streaming from the Spotify app to Shairport is the only option. Is Spotify Connect a possibility in Sonicorbiter?

Cast option in Bubbleupnp captures Spotify and streams it to microRendu. But you will need a rooted Android phone with Exposed installed.