IGNORED

Sonore microRendu

• 3 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Jesus,

Is 112.2 degrees Fahrenheit too hot for the microRendu to run? I have mine running off of a CIAudio 9V/2A linear supply and output is to a BelCanto ULink which draws one watt (5V@200ma). I checked the case temp with a thermometer to get this reading. It feels warm to me but it is not too hot to hold continuously. Maybe you could check with John Swenson.

I remember that he said it should not be so hot that you could not hold it but he never mentioned an actual temperature upper limit that I can remember. If it is too hot then I will get the power supply from Uptone when it is available and use the CIAudio as a charger.

I love this product and want it to last.

Thanks,

Bob

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...
43 minutes ago, audiez said:

1st post. . Happy New Year to all. . . just received a Microrendu with sw ver 2.3. Tried updating to latest 2.7. . . proceeded. .  then reboot. . . Afterwards still sw ver 2.3 is shown.  . . any help will be appreciated

2.7 requires a new SD card from Sonore. It is $20 USD if memory serves.

• 4 months later...
4 hours ago, rwbullock said:

Hi, I did what you advised but my computer still does not recognize the micro Rendu, though the Rendu is powered up and connected to the the extender, which is plugged in and operational.  The sonic orbiter site doesn't recognize it either. the Rendu to my computer with a USB cable (the Mac has only USB ports).  I'll try posting this on your website as well. Thank youI connected

The USB port on the mRendu is only for the output signal to the DAC. The input must come from the RJ45 ethernet jack and a router via a cat5e or better cable (and in your case using a wireline extender). I am confused by your statement "connected the Rendu to my computer with a USB cable". 

30 minutes ago, vortecjr said:

We are going to send him a new micro SD card. I don't think it's booting up.

Great, I thought that might be it. Hope that solves his issue. You might have him check his router with the new card to see if DHCP has assigned an ip address and also while there lock that ip to the mRendu to avoid future problems.