IGNORED

PSU Recommendations for Synology DS214+

Hello,

I am looking to upgrade my very noisy SMPS brick.

HDplex Linear PS?

keces?

Any recommendations?

Another option is the Acopian linear supplies. The Gold versions have very good specs, on par with HD Plex. They can be purchased on ebay for about 1/3 of the list price. I paid $100 for a 12V, 4A version that I will be using to power my wireless bridge.

I have thought about powering my NAS too but I am not sure it will make any difference for me since in my system it is wired to my wireless router. I receive music wirelessly to my bridge downstairs. As I understand it, streaming wirelessly eliminates noise from being transmitted?

In your system, I assume the NAS and music PC is wired to the same switch? I had excellent results powering my wireless bridge with an AC regenerator (still using the SMPS brick until my Acopian linear arrives this week). You may want to look into this option too.

12TB NAS >> i7-6700 Server/Control PC >> i3-5015u NAA >> Singxer SU-1 DDC (modded) >> Holo Spring L3 DAC >> Accustic Arts Power 1 int amp >> Sonus Faber Guaneri Evolution speakers + REL T/5i sub (x2)

Other components:

UpTone Audio LPS1.2/IsoRegen, Fiber Switch and FMC, Windows Server 2016 OS, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0, Fidelizer Pro 6, HQ Player, Roonserver, PS Audio P3 AC regenerator, HDPlex 400W ATX & 200W Linear PSU, Light Harmonic Lightspeed Split USB cable, Synergistic Research Tungsten AC power cords, Tara Labs The One speaker cables, Tara Labs The Two Extended with HFX Station IC, Oyaide R1 outlets, Stillpoints Ultra Mini footers, Hi-Fi Tuning fuses, Vicoustic/RealTraps/GIK room treatments

• 3 weeks later...

Please remember to buy one with lots of head room, so that you power another 12v unit if you want.

Qnap NAS (LPS) >UA ETHER REGEN (BG7TBL Master Clock) > Grimm MU1 > Mola Mola Tambaqui /Meridian 808.3> Wavac EC300B >Tannoy Canterbury SE

HP Rig ++ >Woo WES/ > Stax SR-009, Audeze LCD2

Another option is the Acopian linear supplies. The Gold versions have very good specs, on par with HD Plex. They can be purchased on ebay for about 1/3 of the list price. I paid $100 for a 12V, 4A version that I will be using to power my wireless bridge.

I have thought about powering my NAS too but I am not sure it will make any difference for me since in my system it is wired to my wireless router. I receive music wirelessly to my bridge downstairs. As I understand it, streaming wirelessly eliminates noise from being transmitted?

In your system, I assume the NAS and music PC is wired to the same switch? I had excellent results powering my wireless bridge with an AC regenerator (still using the SMPS brick until my Acopian linear arrives this week). You may want to look into this option too.

I'll take a look at Acopian. Thank you...

I think you are accurate. i am currently using the fiber/media converter method in an attempt to isolate noise. Wireless doesn't sound as good on my Aries / Vega combo (REGEN amber > AQ firebug > CC USB etc... Both Aries and REGEN are powered by JS2). Ethernet sounds better to my ears, hence MC approach. I have experimented with AQ Vodka straight from switch (toughswitch), but that still came short of MCs. So before i resign on NAS source tweaks, i thought one last effort would be to remove MCs and feed NAS with cleaner power.

I actually just placed an order for PS5 Regenerator. Interesting to see how that will impact results...

I just ordered the 300W version to power both of my PCs and other devices I will eventually have in my system.

I'll take a look at Acopian. Thank you...

I think you are accurate. i am currently using the fiber/media converter method in an attempt to isolate noise. Wireless doesn't sound as good on my Aries / Vega combo (REGEN amber > AQ firebug > CC USB etc... Both Aries and REGEN are powered by JS2). Ethernet sounds better to my ears, hence MC approach. I have experimented with AQ Vodka straight from switch (toughswitch), but that still came short of MCs. So before i resign on NAS source tweaks, i thought one last effort would be to remove MCs and feed NAS with cleaner power.

I actually just placed an order for PS5 Regenerator. Interesting to see how that will impact results...

I intend to try the fiber/MC solution next between my wireless bridge and PC#1 and between PC#1 and PC#2. I will use my HDPlex 300W linear power supply to power the MCs.

I hope you get as much improvement from the PS5 as I did with the PS3. I think with the PS3 in my system, the impact of the linear power supplies is less pronounced.

I want to try powering my NAS with a linear as well but it has an internal ATX power supply so its not as easy. I will repurpose by Acopian linear to power my wireless router upstairs.

12TB NAS >> i7-6700 Server/Control PC >> i3-5015u NAA >> Singxer SU-1 DDC (modded) >> Holo Spring L3 DAC >> Accustic Arts Power 1 int amp >> Sonus Faber Guaneri Evolution speakers + REL T/5i sub (x2)

Other components:

UpTone Audio LPS1.2/IsoRegen, Fiber Switch and FMC, Windows Server 2016 OS, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0, Fidelizer Pro 6, HQ Player, Roonserver, PS Audio P3 AC regenerator, HDPlex 400W ATX & 200W Linear PSU, Light Harmonic Lightspeed Split USB cable, Synergistic Research Tungsten AC power cords, Tara Labs The One speaker cables, Tara Labs The Two Extended with HFX Station IC, Oyaide R1 outlets, Stillpoints Ultra Mini footers, Hi-Fi Tuning fuses, Vicoustic/RealTraps/GIK room treatments

I hope you get as much improvement from the PS5 as I did with the PS3. I think with the PS3 in my system, the impact of the linear power supplies is less pronounced.

Yes... i am excited for its arrival... I had a similar thought/suspicion. I might hold off on purchasing additional power supplies until i get the ps5 powering my existing components.