IGNORED

got windows 10?

I have one on my desktop. No problem with Synology 1815+ NAS.

Did you try upgrading to the latest NAS firmware ? I'm on DSM 5.2-5644 Update 2

Yes I upgraded my firmware, but my NAS still doesn't support SMB3, which I believe is at the heart of the problem. In all other respects, Windows 10 seems to be excellent.

Have you experienced issues with peer file sharing (LAN - computer to computer). I had no issues with mapping drives in Win 7 but Win 10 has been a pain...

Haven't had any problems with other computers on the network, including a Mac. I haven't tried to map a network drive, other than the NAS (which it won't do). I normally do all file sharing via the NAS or Dropbox so haven't explored it in depth.

Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted.

- Einstein

• 2 weeks later...
I tried it on a spare PC and it can't properly communicate with my NAS (ReadyNAS 102) where my music is stored. Apparently it's a known problem which also affects some Synology NASs.

I dunno if it's of interest to anyone else, but just for the record, Windows 10 now supports the Netgear ReadyNAS 102, following a further firmware update.

Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted.

- Einstein