IGNORED

iTunes and Album Art

kinver

I use iTunes for ripping and archiving my music. I usually find Album Art on internet and paste it in the Archive Menu - Get Info - Pictures. From time to time it appears I have pasted a wrong Album Art (picture), and want to correct it later. However I cant find a way to delete the wrong Album Art from the Get Info. Is there a solution for this problem? Apologize if there is another tread concerning this.

I use iTunes for ripping and archiving my music. I usually find Album Art on internet and paste it in the Archive Menu - Get Info - Pictures. From time to time it appears I have pasted a wrong Album Art (picture), and want to correct it later. However I cant find a way to delete the wrong Album Art from the Get Info. Is there a solution for this problem? Apologize if there is another tread concerning this.

I'm using an old version of iTunes (10.7) to tag and manage my library metadata, so I may be way off base here with newer, less user-friendly versions of iTunes, but if you select an album and type command-I, that brings up the Multiple Item Info window, and the album art box shows as white (blank). Simply checking the checkbox and clicking "OK" should erase the existing art. You then drag and drop the new jpeg into the box. Don't use .png picture files--iTunes doesn't like them. You might also find a multitude of helpful scripts here:

Doug's AppleScripts for iTunes - Managing Artwork

I'm using an old version of iTunes (10.7) to tag and manage my library metadata, so I may be way off base here with newer, less user-friendly versions of iTunes, but if you select an album and type command-I, that brings up the Multiple Item Info window, and the album art box shows as white (blank). Simply checking the checkbox and clicking "OK" should erase the existing art. You then drag and drop the new jpeg into the box. Don't use .png picture files--iTunes doesn't like them. You might also find a multitude of helpful scripts here:

Doug's AppleScripts for iTunes - Managing Artwork

Thanks for your kind answer. I am using iTunes 12.3.2.

I mark all songs belonging to the Album. Typing command-I get me to the Get Info window, but I cant see any checkbox to uncheck Album Art (picture). So the old Album Art is still there. A very time consuming prosedyre is to erase the whole album from iTunes, and rip it again, and then paste the right Album Art. Hoped there should be a more easy solution.

Thanks for your kind answer. I am using iTunes 12.3.2.

I mark all songs belonging to the Album. Typing command-I get me to the Get Info window, but I cant see any checkbox to uncheck Album Art (picture). So the old Album Art is still there. A very time consuming prosedyre is to erase the whole album from iTunes, and rip it again, and then paste the right Album Art. Hoped there should be a more easy solution.

Apparently, Apple has made this difficult with iTunes 12. Hopefully, someone else here will offer the solution. You could search Google for a method, or try this:

Doug's AppleScripts for iTunes - Remove Artwork v2.0 - Official Download SIte

Hi kinver,

you can delete the wrong album art simply clicking on it and then clicking backspace (you need to be in get info - pictures)

I hope this can help you

Yes, that did the trick. Very, Very helpful.

Thank you all for response. This forum is really wonderful

• 4 weeks later...

It really is very simple. In iTunes select Get Info. Select the Artwork Tab then select the artwork window (click on it). Right click and delete. I normally go ahead and hit Okay a couple of times which closes the window but I'm not sure that is needed. I then go back to Get Info>Artwork>Add Artwork and browse to the artwork location and select Okay again. Finished old artwork gone, new artwork embedded.

"A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it is not open."
Frank Zappa