IGNORED

iTunes Sounds Best

My CD player sounds better when plugged into my DAC than on its own. I just like the sound of my DAC.

My DAC in my "receiver" sounds pretty much the same with iTunes and Audirvana. Audirvana on my DAC sounds a bit better than iTunes on my DAC. iTunes while using OSX up sampling (via MIDI) sounds terribly digital and overly processed on the DAC. Audirvana on my DAC with 2x upsampling and some tweaking of the iZotope filters sounds downright amazing!

I guess.. I'm just saying some software plays better with some DACs and each DAC might need some knobs moved in that software to get the best out of it. I'm be surprised that, without some more tweaking, you couldn't get Audirvana to sound better than iTunes.

I didn't really attempt any tweaking. I installed and gave it a try. Perhaps I should look a little deeper into it. I was just expecting it to be better and it wasn't at the get go.

My initial listen to Audirvana was that _some_ material sounded better. After some tweaking there is just no better sound that comes out of my system from a ripped CD. It is night and day difference. You'd think it was a different mastering of the same recording if played with anything else. Certainly worth the time to play with it a bit.