IGNORED

What source and amplification would you use to drive KEF LS50 speakers?

Ajax

I don't have personal knowledge of the KEFs, but have read various reviews that suggest the respond better to higher power (even if you don't listen extremely loud), or at least to an amp with LOTS of current.

NuPrime Audio - IDA-8

If you don't go for an AVR, I'd second the NUPrime IDA-8 - it is an integrated amp and DAC, has some power, plays just about any format, and has all the connections you need. It's also simple to use.

The NAD 3020 is also a good choice, as the previous poster says it can easily drive the KEFs - it's known for not a lot of power in watts, but with a lot of drive.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

• 2 months later...
With respect to Bill (wgscott) this is the funniest thing I've seen on CA. It made me cry (with laughter)!

Ajax, congrats on the purchase. Let us know what you think when it is set up.

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

Chris, have you considered asking Marantz to sponsor a thread? You have a moderator already available...

marantz.jpg

Sorry couldn't resist posting my own Marantz picture, going along with the theme of the thread...:)

I do admit I lusted after one these receivers with the flywheel tuning in the 70's, but they were too pricey for me. I couldn't even afford the amps. Had to make due with a Kenwood amp.