IGNORED

Possible to connect iPad/iPhone to KEF X300A digitally using CCK?

Hello,

Newbie wondering if this is possible. Thanks in advance.

Hello Tony,

Never tried that configuration. You can contact KEF Direct, which as you may know you can find on the Internet, and pose your question to their support person. Or phone them if that's convenient. They are knowledgable about these matters and will help you in any way they can.

Best,

Richard

Contacted KEF. Nice guy responded very quickly saying that he uses a CCK to his own X300A's all the time with no prob. For me however, it sends me a message saying the KEF's require too much power. Hmmmm.

Hello Tony,

I believe I know who you connected with. Let him know your experiences and ask him for any recommendations (specifics) that might deliver to you the same results as the results he's enjoying. I know you know this. Just speaking out loud.

Did he identify the equipment he employs that results in favorable outcomes? Wonder what the common denominator is or minimum requirements for success. He should be able to clue you in. Then you can share the information with the rest of us.

Best,

Richard

I heard from the gentleman from KEF. Anthony H. With his own iPhone 6 and a borrowed 6 plus, he had no problem successfully connecting the two. The only difference then must be the cable from the CCK to the X300's. I am using nothing to speak of in that dept. Either that is the culprit or and this might be curious, I purchased these monitors from the U.K. and necessarily needed to use a transformer for each one to bump 'em up to 220. (I'm guessing my cheap cable needs to go)