IGNORED

Paul Pang musicserver/pc my experiences

I ordered the same board and clock from PP. :(

The board is fine, powering the ocxo from it's 5V usb supply is not, you could try powering it from a separate stable fast(high bandwidth) 5V supply. Get something which can atleast supply 1A of current. Most OCXO's will draw up to 800mA for the first 5 minutes or so of operation. It is possible to get a reasonably stable running system with a ppa ocxo on your gigabyte board.

Edit: Also check the speed at which your memory is running. This model gigabyte is unstable at higher memory clockspeeds.

I can't boot up the machine this evening. I powered up the clock with hyperjuice battery and it was warm then, but the PC could not boot up.

Really? That should really work quite well. Did you close the case again after installing the battery? The ppa is very sensitive, it can even reboot from just moving your hand within 3-4 inches of the clock.

No but afaik thats just a regular pico psu. Even the 6700K on an asus z170m-plus draws a maximum of 128watts during filter setup (100% cpu load), the 6700T should draw way less, maybe 5A @12V max. But about those dropouts, what are you trying to do with hqp?

I suspect this is not really related to loading. I tried play a DSD file and CPU loading dropped almost to 0%. Buffer was increased to 250ms. Dropouts still happened. I really don't have any ideas.

Hmm thats pretty strange. However I dont think your dropouts are hardware related. Software seems much more likely. Getting the ppa ocxo running stable is challenging though. Clock instability symptoms are more in the realm of boot instability, freezes, reboots. I suspect you're battling 2 seperate issues here.