IGNORED

Unfortunately, JRemote has stopped

JW Audio

I just ordered JRemote and set up JRiver and got everything connected. The problem is that every time I go to open JRemote, it connects to the server and then a pop up shows up that says "Unfortunately, JRemote has stopped". This warning is on my Android phone. Does anyone know why this is happening.

Thanks.

John Withem

Proprietor

JW Audio.

http://www.jwaudio.net/default.html

I just ordered JRemote and set up JRiver and got everything connected. The problem is that every time I go to open JRemote, it connects to the server and then a pop up shows up that says "Unfortunately, JRemote has stopped". This warning is on my Android phone. Does anyone know why this is happening.

Thanks.

I do use JRemote, but with an iPad. As far as a generic software problem goes, it sounds like the installation is incomplete or corrupted. I would try deleting the app and downloading it again, that might work.

Your software is open before you open JRemote right?

you can try their forum maybe answer will come faster there: https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php

there is a remote thread there.

If You Got Ears, You Gotta ListenCaptain Beefheart

MacMini, 4xi3 3.6GHz, SSD, 20Gb, macOS 12.0 > Audirvana Studio 1.6 >

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

Audirvana Remote > iPhone 11

I've unloaded and reloaded this app three times. I've set up my access key, ID and password on Jriver and Jremote. I get the same message.

I've looked at the JRemote forum for an answer and nothing is there that I could find with this warning. Thank goodness it's only $10.

John Withem

Proprietor

JW Audio.

I had the same problem with a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 with Android 4.? Jellybean. Never could find a solution to the problem. JRemote works fine on my Tab S running Android 5.0.2, and Nexus 6 running 6.0.1 so I assume that a recent update to JRemote isn't compatible with Android 4.? Jellybean?

Which version of Android is on your phone?

Edit: Revised OS on Tab 2 from ICS to Jellybean.

I had the same problem with a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 with Android 4.? ICS. Never could find a solution to the problem. JRemote works fine on my Tab S running Android 5.0.2, and Nexus 6 running 6.0.1 so I assume that a recent update to JRemote isn't compatible with Android 4.? ICS?

Which version of Android is on your phone?[/QUOTE]

I have no idea which version I have. How do I find it ?

John Withem

Proprietor

JW Audio.

Play store says that current verion of JRemote (20.0.16) requires Android vers 4.1 and up, so shouldn't be an issue. Certainly one for the JRiver forum.

We will win because our NHS is the beating heart of this country. It is the best of this country. It is unconquerable. It is powered by love.

-- Boris Johnson

We are far more united and have far more in common with each other than things that divide us.

-- Jo Cox

+1 for asking for advice on the JRiver forum. I had a challenge with editing metadata on a M4A files using JRiver. Posting the problem on their support forum brought almost immediate help by enthusiastic members.

Synology DS1515+ >  PS Audio P10 > Innuos Zenith Mk II running Roon Core > IsoRegen/LPS-1 > Lyngdorf TDAI 2170 > Tekton Double Impact Speakers