IGNORED

Glenn Frey - R.I.P.

baddog

Another one passes, sad, so young. All the best to you Glenn! Thanks for everything you gave to us.

Glenn Frey, Eagles guitarist and Rock and Roll Hall of Famer, passed away Monday. He was 67. "It is with the heaviest of hearts that we announce the passing of our comrade, Eagles founder, Glenn Frey, in New York City on Monday, January 18th, 2016. Glenn fought a courageous battle for the past several weeks but, sadly, succumbed to complications from Rheumatoid Arthritis, Acute Ulcerative Colitis and Pneumonia," the Eagles wrote in a statement Monday.

"The Frey family would like to thank everyone who joined Glenn to fight this fight and hoped and prayed for his recovery," the statement continued. "Words can neither describe our sorrow, nor our love and respect for all that he has given to us, his family, the music community & millions of fans worldwide."

In a separate statement, Don Henley said of Frey, "He was like a brother to me; we were family, and like most families, there was some dysfunction. But, the bond we forged 45 years ago was never broken, even during the 14 years that the Eagles were dissolved. We were two young men who made the pilgrimage to Los Angeles with the same dream: to make our mark in the music industry — and with perseverance, a deep love of music, our alliance with other great musicians and our manager, Irving Azoff, we built something that has lasted longer than anyone could have dreamed. But, Glenn was the one who started it all. He was the spark plug, the man with the plan."

Henley continued, "He had an encyclopedic knowledge of popular music and a work ethic that wouldn’t quit. He was funny, bullheaded, mercurial, generous, deeply talented and driven. He loved is wife and kids more than anything. We are all in a state of shock, disbelief and profound sorrow. We brought our two-year History of the Eagles Tour to a triumphant close at the end of July and now he is gone. I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some."

glenn-frey-thumb_zps0971418b.jpg

Silver Circle Audio | Roon | Devialet | Synology | Vivid Audio | Stillpoint Aperture | Auralic | DH Labs

I am extremely sad to learn of his demise.

I just happened to bump into the news of Glenn Frey's death. I was so surprised. I am a fan of the Eagles. I believe I own every CD they made with multiple editions of many of their albums.

I keep thinking that's just not right. 67 years young. With today's medicines. How can that be? I remember when Morris Gibbs of the BeeGees went into the hospital for surgery and never left. Some artists are not meant to reach old age. I loved his music, his contribution to the Eagles, and he will be missed.

Asking that Grace be extended to him. For me it was the end of the BeeGees. The Eagles are one less who cannot be replaced ever.

The Blessings Already ARe,

Richard

"Glenn fought a courageous battle for the past several weeks but, sadly, succumbed to complications from rheumatoid arthritis, acute ulcerative colitis and pneumonia," reads a post on the band's official website.

Glenn Fry.jpg

This news caught me by surprise. It's almost surreal.

Their iconic songs were so much a part of my growing up - I can honestly say I've always had a few of their albums in my collections over the years. Even though we know we are not here forever, whenever someone leaves it's takes a little time to handle the loss.

Thank you Glenn Frey for all the tunes and memories ...

Custom Win10 Server | Mutec MC-3+ USB | Lampizator Amber | Job INT | ATC SCM20PSL + JL Audio E-Sub e110

OMG, I can't believe it, that crushes me. :(

I'll never forget the first time I saw him at Sportsman Park in Chicago. It was 1971 or 2 and this new band called The Eagles was opening for and then later backing Linda Ronstadt.. They did their opening set and my musical world was never the same.

Last time I saw him was at the World Theater in Chicago, Hell Freezes Over tour in 1994. Paid out the butt for those tickets but it didn't matter, I'd have paid anything to see that Eagles comeback.

Can't believe I'll never see him again, the world at my age is getting too small.

PS For Eagles fans Don Henley released Cass County about 6 months ago. It's a "can't live without"

album. Really rolls back to the sound of the 70s Eagles.

If you're a true music lover your collection isn't complete without the entire Eagles catalog and the Glenn Frey and Don Henley solo releases.

"The gullibility of audiophiles is what astonishes me the most, even after all these years. How is it possible, how did it ever happen, that they trust fairy-tale purveyors and mystic gurus more than reliable sources of scientific information?"

Peter Aczel - The Audio Critic

nomqa.webp.aa713f2bb9e304522011cdb2d2ca907d.webp  R.I.P. MQA 2014-2023: Hyped product thanks to uneducated, uncritical advocates & captured press.