IGNORED

Record Labels that Tidal is missing that you would like to have

Since there are not Tidal Forums, unlike Spotify, I thought it would be beneficial to make requests for labels to add.

I am a big jazz and classical fan, and would love Tidal to include the following labels:

Jazz:

Steeplechase, HighNote, ECM, CamJazz, Sunnyside

Classical:

Hyperion, ECM New Series

There are so many amazing things on Tidal but as you point out, also many things are not there. I agree I would love to see the ECM label titles. I would also like to see more items on the MPS label. They have some titles, but the ones they have are not HiRes so the light never comes on.

I have been enjoying things on the ACT label and there is a lot to choose from. Lars Danielsson's albums are amazing. Check out his Liberetto album. Lots of other artists on that label that I need to listen to.

I guess my biggest letdown has been albums that are listed but it turns out they are only in low-res format. I was excited to see all Ben Sidran's albums but the early ones are low-res. Oh well, I guess the service is a work in progress. I'm very happy with it nevertheless.

ECM has no plans to be part of any streaming service in the near future. If at some point a music business model is established whereby artists, composers and rights holders receive fairer payment, then the label’s position on streaming could change.

http://www.marlbank.net/opinion/2314-are-jazz-labels-right-to-ignore-spotify.html

ECM has no plans to be part of any streaming service in the near future. If at some point a music business model is established whereby artists, composers and rights holders receive fairer payment, then the label’s position on streaming could change.

http://www.marlbank.net/opinion/2314-are-jazz-labels-right-to-ignore-spotify.html

OK, but thread title says "...you would like to have".

• 1 month later...
I believe both ECM and Hyperion have a strict no streaming policy, you won't find them anywhere to my knowledge..

Yep.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...
9 hours ago, Olson_jr said:

Looks like ECM became available on TIDAL just recently. Noticed a Bill Frisell ECM release today and now see most everything.

One of my most favorite artist of the '70's was Carla Bley. Looks like all of her work for ECM is now on Tidal.

"The function of music is to release us from the tyranny of conscious thought", Sir Thomas Beecham.