IGNORED

you think you know the basics of room correction?

i think everybody knows digital room correction deals with the frequency amplitude, the timing, and the phase.

from there it is a matter of choosing FIR or IIR (or both).

from there it is a matter of choosing linear phase or minimum phase.

from there it is a matter of taps used for the filter.

from there it is a matter of bit depth, as well as any dithering used.

just saying it is boiling down to a situation of who has the most taps for the least amount of money.

but i am an advanced user.

some people prefer software that installs and creates a virtual soundcard and has a quick open menu to change from one preset to another.

nobody else finds it weird that they still sell analog equalizers with 31 bands while these software equalizers are up to 131,072+ ?

considering i've already thought about specific programming scripts being locked to a select few ID's

it's flattering to think people could go to school to learn how to program something utterly simple, as well as shallow, perhaps for personal or local use, only to find their time wasted as well as their mental & emotional drive drained.

there is a funny thing about taps, there's more taps than frequencies unless you divide up whole frequencies.

in math, the convolution symbol is the asterisk.

'In mathematics and, in particular, functional analysis, convolution is a mathematical operation on two functions f and g, producing a third function that is typically viewed as a modified version of one of the original functions.'

looking here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Convolution_(computer_science)

it is interesting to note there are only a small number of languages that do convolution.

most people think of an impulse response as a fundamental tone being the highest spike, while the rest of the tail is the harmonics.

if you convoluted the fundamental tone with every single sample, that would be sample for sample convolution.

but we need the harmonics too and some people don't realize the harmonics could be included in a single sample.

you'll consider the bit-depth, you'll consider the table of digital samples for the bit-depth.

or

you'll consider a single sample being shown in an exploded view showing the harmonics.

or

you'll consider convoluting the fundamental, then successively convoluting all the remaining harmonic samples.

the answer is simple if you know the digital audio sample table.

if you know the table, then you know the SNR as well as the limit of harmonic distortion.

harmonics exist in the digital domain.

you can record a fundamental tone or only the harmonics or a combination of the two together.

and it is proof positive when you look at an audio file zoomed in, because there are less samples than there are valid details of|within the wave.

more proof is considering how increasing the sample rate won't record more unless the samples themselves are more detailed.

now you might be skeptical at first considering the 44.1khz and the difficulty capturing the treble, but raise the sample rate up high enough where the treble is easily captured and you'll hit a wall where there are so many samples that simply rely on the content of each sample.

say you record at 1ghz sample rate, how do you expect those samples to be of any use if the palette for those samples is limited?

it is easier if you compare audio data with video data.

you can sample a pixel as fast as you want, fast enough to record the speed of light.

but if the number of colors is a low bit-depth, then the number of colors in the palette is small and that means your pixel won't provide accurate information no matter how fast you record the frames per second.

the data gets ignored when the table can't make a match, as something else that is a match does get recorded.

as the bit-rate gets higher, more valid data is seen - thus more details are recorded.

it's the funniest thing whether it is audio or video, there's utterly billions of possibilities - therefore simply selecting a small chosen number from the billions gets you a working picture or sound.

difficult?

that is when there are more colors available than the number of pixels and you've got to choose how the pixels will decide what is recorded and what is ignored.

i've already gone on and on about how colors should be selected and|or enhanced on my facebook page and it should translate to audio exactly the same.

a good question though, is whether the analog to digital chip is choosing what gets selected and what gets ignored or if the circuit before the chip is making the selections.

practicality & sensibility comes into play again where somebody might need those pieces on the circuit board before the chip to be used for something else, and if they are a filter themselves they can't be expected to work properly in another circuit for another reason.

if something should cause us to question the end of the world, new electronic components might not be made new from the factory for whatever reason.

if you want to make a patch and carry on with a functional piece of hardware, you better hope the pieces will get the job done.

some people might look at that and think it was transients.

'In acoustics and audio, a transient is a high amplitude, short-duration sound at the beginning of a waveform that occurs in phenomena such as musical sounds, noises or speech.[1][2] It can sometimes contain a high degree of non-periodic components and a higher magnitude of high frequencies than the harmonic content of that sound. Transients do not necessarily directly depend on the frequency of the tone they initiate.'

This soliloquy have a point or are you going to start selling a soft EQ next?

soliloquy = an act of speaking one's thoughts aloud when by oneself

what to say,

hard to be by myself with this apartment floor leaking 60dB+ of vocals from a neighbor.

or

hard to be by myself when you participate.

?

aww, you are schizophrenic?

what do your voices say?

Mine say when typing to learn how to make capital letters. It gives one's missives a SHIFT in perspective.

And always keep in mind: Cognitive biases, like seeing optical illusions are a sign of a normally functioning brain. We all have them, it’s nothing to be ashamed about, but it is something that affects our objective evaluation of reality. 

Mine say when typing to learn how to make capital letters. It gives one's missives a SHIFT in perspective.

tell your voices you've got the freedom of discrimination, as well as the freedom of speech & expression.

they are civil rights aligned with natural law.

tell your voices you've got inalienable human rights that are moral principles.

'Morality (from the Latin moralitas "manner, character, proper behavior") is the differentiation of intentions, decisions, and actions between those that are distinguished as proper and those that are improper: In other words, it is the disjunction between right and wrong.'

principle = a fundamental truth that serves as the foundation for a system of belief or behavior or for a chain of reasoning.

as for me, i've got a chain of reasoning.

but it is my right to privacy i'm taking rather than tell you, since it appears you are adding up with others to torture me.

regardless of whether that was your intention or not, i believe it & telling you thereafter violates my mental integrity as well as my freedom of speech & expression as well as freedom of press as well as freedom of assembly.

'Article 19 of the ICCPR states that "[e]veryone shall have the right to hold opinions without interference" and "everyone shall have the right to freedom of expression; this right shall include freedom to seek, receive and impart information and ideas of all kinds, regardless of frontiers, either orally, in writing or in print, in the form of art, or through any other media of his choice".'

one of the definitions of kind = 'goods or commodities as distinguished from money <payment in kind>'

commodity = something that is bought and sold | something or someone that is useful or valued

i used wikipedia.com , merriam-webster.com , dictionary.com , stephendpalmer.com

unfortunately for you, MOST of the people posting on forums use capital letters - hardly a shift in perspective exists.

if you don't like to see me defend myself, don't provoke me.

anyways,

i was thinking earlier today and i thought about high bit-depth convolution removing the artifacts of the room.

when that happens, there are no more peaks and nulls from the room.

you might hear a difference in loudness depending on your angle and|or distance from the speaker.

until then, it proves valuable for calibration software to increase the size of the sweet spot.

i know this to be true when going to the local theaters, because regardless of where i sit in the rows of seats, the frequency response doesn't sound drastically different.

i thought about software that is a little more comprehensive, as far as GUI, by allowing people to input the dimensions of the room.

from there, an option to place seats in the room could inform the software where|how to look at the room.

or at least place microphone calibration positions into the window to again inform the software where|how to look.

the idea is to get a decent idea of the waves (axial, tangential, oblique) in the room in order to compute the necessities that swell the size of the sweet spot.

but thanks to time, the calibration software can determine if the microphone is further or closer to the speakers (using broad frequency amplitude, rather than peaks caused by phase).

thus, thanks to multi-measurement techniques - you could do four measurements in the shape of a square, and the entire square is the sweet spot.

how big the room can be depends on the bit depth if you are using convolution.

however, you can continue to average the frequency amplitude with lower bit depths.

and yes, convolution will help if the bit depth isn't high enough to completely remove the room's artifacts (but the convolution will help more if the room is smaller).

perhaps some of you were aware of the convolution limit, but didn't catch on to the frequency amplitude averaging.

Sometimes this place is like a bad acid trip.

That only makes your new avatar appropriate.

And always keep in mind: Cognitive biases, like seeing optical illusions are a sign of a normally functioning brain. We all have them, it’s nothing to be ashamed about, but it is something that affects our objective evaluation of reality.