IGNORED

Aurender x100L vs N100H

While not directly related to your question I bought an N10 a month ago partly for the internal storage capacity. I have found it very difficult to manage files on the internal disks after the initial drag and drop. I use a NAS with it instead and can manage files as I was doing before. So, if you are like me, you may find that the internal storage is not really an asset and your money would be best spent on the rest of the unit.

OK. Let me explain. I no longer delve into my music library having had problems in the past with iTunes not being able to locate files that I had previously moved in an attempt to organise it. Now I use the "automatically add to iTunes" functionality exclusively and fix any metadata issues in iTunes itself. I naively supposed that I would be able to continue doing this on the N10 internal disk drives but found I could not - at least I haven't found a way yet. At that point I decided to start again and try to erase the disks using Disk Utility or in Finder neither of which seemed to work. At that point the main advantage of having an internal disk drive (simplicity/ease of use) was lost as far as I was concerned. I was expecting the internal storage to act like the internal HDD of my Mac Mini which to me is much easier than using a NAS but it did not. So I have gone back to using the NAS connected to the N10 which works great except I sometimes have duplicates appearing on my iPad due to the internal storage libraries still being there.