IGNORED

Sonicorbiter - NAA Output Mode

vortecjr

I've had HQP running successfully for a few days, going to my microrendu and then to the Hegel h160 integrated with onboard DAC (accepts high of 96/24). Up until last night, I had been seeing the output of 96K when clicking on the blue light in Roon, but this morning it shows only 48Khz. I'm inputing from Tidal at redbook sample rate. What could have caused the change, and I can't seem to get it to change back to 96k with any changes to the settings in HQP. Thanks,

Don Ivey

I've had HQP running successfully for a few days, going to my microrendu and then to the Hegel h160 integrated with onboard DAC (accepts high of 96/24). Up until last night, I had been seeing the output of 96K when clicking on the blue light in Roon, but this morning it shows only 48Khz. I'm inputing from Tidal at redbook sample rate. What could have caused the change, and I can't seem to get it to change back to 96k with any changes to the settings in HQP. Thanks,

Don Ivey

P.S.: I didn't do the upgrade last night, so that wasn't the problem, though they may be related somehow.

Not related to my previous post, but since the Hegel uses an adaptive USB input to its DAC, as opposed to asynchronous, does that cause any problems with using NAA mode and HQ Player? I've not noticed any issues, but am pretty much a beginner here, so thought I'd ask. Thanks,

Don Ivey

Not related to my previous post, but since the Hegel uses an adaptive USB input to its DAC, as opposed to asynchronous, does that cause any problems with using NAA mode and HQ Player? I've not noticed any issues, but am pretty much a beginner here, so thought I'd ask. Thanks,

Don Ivey

No.

The NAA issue has been resolved - just update your unit via the GUI in Software Manager.

Everything goes well when I update (I can play music), but I get the message below. Any ideas?

Upgrade in progress...

01/08/2017 15:31:42 - Starting upgrade. (This can take a long time...)

01/08/2017 15:31:42 - Updating sonicorbiter packages...

Last metadata expiration check performed 0:00:01 ago on Sun Jan 8 15:31:45 2017.

Dependencies resolved.

Nothing to do.

Complete!

01/08/2017 15:31:49 - Updating process 1 of 3 complete...

01/08/2017 15:31:58 - Updating process 2 of 3 complete...

01/08/2017 15:31:58 - Updating OS packages...

Failed to synchronize cache for repo 'sonicorbiterrendu' from 'http://yum.sonicorbiter.com/releases/22/armhfp/rendu/RPMS/': Cannot download repomd.xml: Cannot download repodata/repomd.xml: All mirrors were tried, disabling.

Last metadata expiration check performed 0:00:05 ago on Sun Jan 8 15:31:55 2017.

Dependencies resolved.

Nothing to do.

Complete!

01/08/2017 15:32:01 - Updating process 3 of 3 complete. Please reboot

@stans see post #3689 in Sonore microRendu thread. Jesus has already said you can ignore that message.

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

• 5 weeks later...

Hi,

Miska suggested I post this here:

HQ Player keeps dropping Micro Rendu.....so does Roon:

Nearly every song, HQP drops MR, so I have to go into MR web interface and select "Restart HQPlayer," or just reboot the thing. Often MR does not respond to my initial attempts to select restart HQP or reboot. I have to open/close/refresh MR page. Once it accepts restart selection or reboots, I can go into HQP preferences and select the Audiophellio and resume playback for a song or so.

This happens using HQP as stand alone or with Roon. I used to think it only occurred with larger DSD files, but it seems to occur with smaller files and tidal music as well.

Roon drops MR periodically as well, not as often, and a lot easier to recapture.

System: 2014 Mac Mini (SSD, 8GB, with Roon, Roon Server, HQP), Synology 415+, new, but cheap unmanaged ethernet switch. This is all in storage room. I have cat 5 ethernet cable (I think) in the wall, Cat 6 + 7 for all shorter connections, cheap switch on rack to MR, then Audiophellio SPDIF

Hunches: This MR is malfunctioning, switches suck, CAT 5 in wall sucks, need more ram, settings on Synology may need to be tweaked to prevent sleeping, or something weird is happening between Audiophellio and MR to cause MR to lock up temporarily

Will you folks please give me some ideas? Thank you.

Hi,

Miska suggested I post this here:

HQ Player keeps dropping Micro Rendu.....so does Roon:

Nearly every song, HQP drops MR, so I have to go into MR web interface and select "Restart HQPlayer," or just reboot the thing. Often MR does not respond to my initial attempts to select restart HQP or reboot. I have to open/close/refresh MR page. Once it accepts restart selection or reboots, I can go into HQP preferences and select the Audiophellio and resume playback for a song or so.

This happens using HQP as stand alone or with Roon. I used to think it only occurred with larger DSD files, but it seems to occur with smaller files and tidal music as well.

Roon drops MR periodically as well, not as often, and a lot easier to recapture.

System: 2014 Mac Mini (SSD, 8GB, with Roon, Roon Server, HQP), Synology 415+, new, but cheap unmanaged ethernet switch. This is all in storage room. I have cat 5 ethernet cable (I think) in the wall, Cat 6 + 7 for all shorter connections, cheap switch on rack to MR, then Audiophellio SPDIF

Hunches: This MR is malfunctioning, switches suck, CAT 5 in wall sucks, need more ram, settings on Synology may need to be tweaked to prevent sleeping, or something weird is happening between Audiophellio and MR to cause MR to lock up temporarily

Will you folks please give me some ideas? Thank you.

What is the path the audio packets take from the computer running HQP to the microRendu? Several people have had similar issues when the path goes through a managed switch or the router. If this is the case try arranging things so the audio data just goes through the unmanaged switch in its path from HQP to microRendu.

John S.

Right now, I am using two unmanaged switches in signal path. Otherwise, its a simple path. I guess I can remove one switch, and I figured out I can run Cat 7 cable from 1st switch directly to MR if need be.

However, it's all wired ethernet, so this should be working fine for streaming audio. I can stream HD movies essentially thru through same path with no problems whatsoever all day long.

I fixed problem causing drops: it was a shoddy ethernet cable/patch cord.

Micro Rendu has been working perfectly.

Sonore folks were prompt with my request for help yesterday, and patient while helping to problem solve. I appreciate it!

Nice catch!

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone else having problems with the latest software release?

I updated yesterday (just because it had been a while) and ever since, HQPlayer / NAA seems to be crashing every few minutes; i.e., I can stream from Roon > HQPlayer > NAA > DAC for 10-30 minutes (it varies) but every time, it simply stops playing. Checking the path end to end, it seems NAA has crashed or frozen on the mRendu. Trying to restart it or switch to another output mode (e.g., Roon Ready) simply hangs the device - the only "fix" is to reboot.

Seems to be the same version of NAA (3.4.2) as I had earlier, but something has changed - I used to be able to listen for hours at a time, but suddenly NAA on the mRendu is no longer stable. Is it only me?

John Walker - IT Executive

Headphone - SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable Ethernet > mRendu Roon endpoint > Topping D90 > Topping A90d > Dan Clark Expanse / HiFiMan H6SE v2 / HiFiman Arya Stealth

Home Theater / Music -SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable HDMI > Denon X3700h > Anthem Amp for front channels > Revel F208-based 5.2.4 Atmos speaker system

Anyone else having problems with the latest software release?

I updated yesterday (just because it had been a while) and ever since, HQPlayer / NAA seems to be crashing every few minutes; i.e., I can stream from Roon > HQPlayer > NAA > DAC for 10-30 minutes (it varies) but every time, it simply stops playing. Checking the path end to end, it seems NAA has crashed or frozen on the mRendu. Trying to restart it or switch to another output mode (e.g., Roon Ready) simply hangs the device - the only "fix" is to reboot.

Seems to be the same version of NAA (3.4.2) as I had earlier, but something has changed - I used to be able to listen for hours at a time, but suddenly NAA on the mRendu is no longer stable. Is it only me?

That microRendu release has been out for a while now. Did you update to Roon 1.3? If yes, when did you do it?

That microRendu release has been out for a while now. Did you update to Roon 1.3? If yes, when did you do it?

Updated to 1.3 some time back; i.e., the moment it first came out, a week and a half ago, I think? I've been using it extensively since then, with no issues.

I also updated to HQPlayer 3.15.1b2 several days ago, when it was first publicized here - again, no issues with it over several days.

It was only when I updated the mRendu yesterday (it had been a few weeks since I checked for updates) that the issue began. I've tried rebooting via the web interface, "hard" reboots (i.e., removing the power feed to turn off), restarting Roon, the HQPlayer machine (Windows 10 laptop), the DAC, etc., all to no effect; i.e., it will play fine for a few minutes, then simply stop playing. Investigation shows the NAA output on the mRendu is simply no longer working properly.

Headphone - SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable Ethernet > mRendu Roon endpoint > Topping D90 > Topping A90d > Dan Clark Expanse / HiFiMan H6SE v2 / HiFiman Arya Stealth

Home Theater / Music -SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable HDMI > Denon X3700h > Anthem Amp for front channels > Revel F208-based 5.2.4 Atmos speaker system

Updated to 1.3 some time back; i.e., the moment it first came out, a week and a half ago, I think? I've been using it extensively since then, with no issues.

I also updated to HQPlayer 3.15.1b2 several days ago, when it was first publicized here - again, no issues with it over several days.

It was only when I updated the mRendu yesterday (it had been a few weeks since I checked for updates) that the issue began. I've tried rebooting via the web interface, "hard" reboots (i.e., removing the power feed to turn off), restarting Roon, the HQPlayer machine (Windows 10 laptop), the DAC, etc., all to no effect; i.e., it will play fine for a few minutes, then simply stop playing. Investigation shows the NAA output on the mRendu is simply no longer working properly.

This is the only support issue I currently have with Roon - HQ Player - NAA. I'll ask Jussi to approve the versions you posted.

This is the only support issue I currently have with Roon - HQ Player - NAA. I'll ask Jussi to approve the versions you posted.

UPDATE: This issue seems to have settled down - the only thing I did was trigger another manual mRendu update Monday (20 February) morning - not sure if I actually picked up any additional updates (sorry, should have checked).

In any case, I've been able since to listen to several albums end-to-end without a recurrence. So guess we can close this one out, albeit without a known resolution.

UPDATE: This issue seems to have settled down - the only thing I did was trigger another manual mRendu update Monday (20 February) morning - not sure if I actually picked up any additional updates (sorry, should have checked).

In any case, I've been able since to listen to several albums end-to-end without a recurrence. So guess we can close this one out, albeit without a known resolution.

I had a feeling that it would clear up because there are no other reports of this. Anyway, Jussi chimed in via email and said, "I'm playing DSD256 from HQPlayer 3.15.1 (b2+) running on Linux to microRendu/iDSD Nano without any problems while writing this email..." and he also said, "There are no NAA related changes between 3.15 and 3.15.1."