IGNORED

Sonicorbiter - NAA Output Mode

vortecjr

I have a problem with Auto Rate Family feature (HQPlayer) enabled when playing back in NAA mode (ROON>HQPlayer>microrendu (HQPlyer active in NAA mode). The Auto Family Rate adjusts output sampling rate based on the sample rate of the source file being played. If the source 44k/88K the output sampling rate should be 176k, if 48/96/ then it should automatically switch to 192 which works fine if HQPlayer is directly connected to my DAC thru USB, but not in NAA mode. In NAA mode, instead of adjusting sample rate, the playback plays faster or slower.

It looks like there's some synchronization issue between JQplayer and microrendu which can't be adjusted "on fly"

2010 Mac Pro (westmere 6-core, 16G Ram)[br]M2Tech Vaughan DAC[br]McIntosh MA6600 integrated[br]B&W805S[br]Luxman P1_u[br]Sennheiser HD800[br]Silver Streak Interconnects

I have a problem with Auto Rate Family feature (HQPlayer) enabled when playing back in NAA mode (ROON>HQPlayer>microrendu (HQPlyer active in NAA mode). The Auto Family Rate adjusts output sampling rate based on the sample rate of the source file being played. If the source 44k/88K the output sampling rate should be 176k, if 48/96/ then it should automatically switch to 192 which works fine if HQPlayer is directly connected to my DAC thru USB, but not in NAA mode. In NAA mode, instead of adjusting sample rate, the playback plays faster or slower.

It looks like there's some synchronization issue between JQplayer and microrendu which can't be adjusted "on fly"

This is the first time I hear of this. I'm also pretty sure I tested this when I was making the HQ Player 101 guide. Anyway, I emailed Jussi so let's wait for him to chime in.

as I mentioned in my previous post , the HQplayer output rate switches ok if my DAC is connected to USB directly, but not in NAA mode.

2010 Mac Pro (westmere 6-core, 16G Ram)[br]M2Tech Vaughan DAC[br]McIntosh MA6600 integrated[br]B&W805S[br]Luxman P1_u[br]Sennheiser HD800[br]Silver Streak Interconnects

Seems to be a bug in the Linux driver. Not a problem in HQPlayer or NAA (networkaudiod).

I hope I have a fix for the driver now, my machine is building a new kernel with the fix, then I'll need to reboot and test it, send it out and then microRendu will need firmware update to update the driver.

Luckily Linux is open source so I can actually modify the driver... ;)

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

Seems to be a bug in the Linux driver. Not a problem in HQPlayer or NAA (networkaudiod).

I hope I have a fix for the driver now, my machine is building a new kernel with the fix, then I'll need to reboot and test it, send it out and then microRendu will need firmware update to update the driver.

Luckily Linux is open source so I can actually modify the driver... ;)

That is great. Keep me posted.

Hi,

I got myself a router and now rendu and NAA mode work together fine. But I note one small problem, I make use of the "speaker setup" feature to adjust for channel imbalance in my room. It works well in pcm mode but NOT in PCM-to-DSM mode, i.e., if I upsample a pcm file to dsd file to play, it won't take the adjustment I made in the speaker setup. Is this a bug or something to do with the dsd upsampling process?

Hi,

I got myself a router and now rendu and NAA mode work together fine. But I note one small problem, I make use of the "speaker setup" feature to adjust for channel imbalance in my room. It works well in pcm mode but NOT in PCM-to-DSM mode, i.e., if I upsample a pcm file to dsd file to play, it won't take the adjustment I made in the speaker setup. Is this a bug or something to do with the dsd upsampling process?

That is something you need to contact the developer of the server to report it.

But I note one small problem, I make use of the "speaker setup" feature to adjust for channel imbalance in my room. It works well in pcm mode but NOT in PCM-to-DSM mode, i.e., if I upsample a pcm file to dsd file to play, it won't take the adjustment I made in the speaker setup. Is this a bug or something to do with the dsd upsampling process?

Please check that you have the DirectSDM feature disabled in DSDIFF/DSF Settings dialog...

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

@vortecjr

How long will it take to deploy the linux driver fix into new firmware for microRendu?

I guess it would be nice if you include this information into Known Issue saying that it's going to be solved soon.

Just my 2c :)

Thanks

@vortecjr

How long will it take to deploy the linux driver fix into new firmware for microRendu?

I guess it would be nice if you include this information into Known Issue saying that it's going to be solved soon.

Just my 2c :)

Thanks

It's going to be a while because it will be combined with other high level kernel updates.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Don't know if this has been reported and addressed elsewhere, but:

This morning I decided to update the OrbiterOS on my microRendu from 2.2 to 2.3. Now after updating, the mR is still seen, but in the App Switcher HQP NAA shows "Unknown" and grey instead of "Active" and green. No amount of restarting NAA, uninstalling/reinstalling NAA, rebooting or power cycling of mR will solve it.

And of course during this--to be sure it was not because of my new set up-- I switched back to a standard Ethernet switch/router connection (including deleting the virtual bridges, etc.). Again, the mR is seen and other modes can show "Active" and green. It is just that since upgrading OrbiterOS to 2.3 I can not get NAA to work at all. Very frustrating as my short listening last night with the direct connection (and mR powered by UltraCap LPS-1 of course) sounded fabulous!

Hope there is an easy answer to this.

Thanks,

--Alex C.

Don't know if this has been reported and addressed elsewhere, but:

This morning I decided to update the OrbiterOS on my microRendu from 2.2 to 2.3. Now after updating, the mR is still seen, but in the App Switcher HQP NAA shows "Unknown" and grey instead of "Active" and green. No amount of restarting NAA, uninstalling/reinstalling NAA, rebooting or power cycling of mR will solve it.

And of course during this--to be sure it was not because of my new set up-- I switched back to a standard Ethernet switch/router connection (including deleting the virtual bridges, etc.). Again, the mR is seen and other modes can show "Active" and green. It is just that since upgrading OrbiterOS to 2.3 I can not get NAA to work at all. Very frustrating as my short listening last night with the direct connection (and mR powered by UltraCap LPS-1 of course) sounded fabulous!

Hope there is an easy answer to this.

Thanks,

--Alex C.

I've been running 2.3 for some time, with NAA working great. Out of curiosity :/ I decided to do an upgrade today, as well, and now NAA doesn't work for me, either.

So it's not 2.3, in particular, but something about this latest build that is not working.

John Walker - IT Executive

Headphone - SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable Ethernet > mRendu Roon endpoint > Topping D90 > Topping A90d > Dan Clark Expanse / HiFiMan H6SE v2 / HiFiman Arya Stealth

Home Theater / Music -SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable HDMI > Denon X3700h > Anthem Amp for front channels > Revel F208-based 5.2.4 Atmos speaker system

I've been running 2.3 for some time, with NAA working great. Out of curiosity :/ I decided to do an upgrade today, as well, and now NAA doesn't work for me, either.

So it's not 2.3, in particular, but something about this latest build that is not working.

At least I know it is not just me! But I need to get this fixed soon because John Swenson is coming for 3 nights this next week. We have a lot of work and fun planned...

At least I know it is not just me! But I need to get this fixed soon because John Swenson is coming for 3 nights this next week. We have a lot of work and fun planned...

I'm sure glad I saw this. I was just about to update mine.

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's