IGNORED

Sonicorbiter - NAA Output Mode

vortecjr

If you reboot while playback is ongoing bad things will happen. Especially if you do something like unplugging DAC on the fly while it is playing. You will very likely have trouble after doing that. It is like stepping out of the car while going 100 km/h.

Miska, remember I'm not doing a reboot, but I loose connection during playback. It can be after 10 min, it can be after an hour. But it happen several times a day.

But my my guess is that loss of connection may be described as you indicate in quote above.

So what you are saying is that if like a hw error or what ever causes my problems, your SW will not re establish connection ?

You may explain more about those bad things that happens, cause that is my case.

Can your SW do something in these cases ? If not, why ? And why does it take so long time to reboot HQPlayer 3.4 after my connection is lost ?

Can something be done with the 3.4 SW ?

Does it have a log file ?

I've just switched to ip v6, to check if that may help.

Miska

You where not to be blamed :)

It seems now most likely my EVO power supply is the problem. I bypassed the EVO power last night, and powered my hiFace EVO directly from a iFi power. The system has been stable for 12 hours now. Never happen before. License just purchased!

So now I should probably get an other LPS-1 for my hiFace EVO as well :)

Blame him anyway, it's good for his soul. ;)

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello, I am not sure if this is the right thread to post this to, so if it is not, please pardon me and point me in the right direction!

If it is... I recently set up macmini/HQPlayer/Roon/mR feeding my Bricasti upsampling pcm to 192 and dsd to 5.6. Regardless which format i play, mid track, the music stops and i hear loud white noise. I've restarted all services/devices, and still occurs mid tracks. I tried roon/mR and it works fine.

Any idea what's going on?

Hello, I am not sure if this is the right thread to post this to, so if it is not, please pardon me and point me in the right direction!

If it is... I recently set up macmini/HQPlayer/Roon/mR feeding my Bricasti upsampling pcm to 192 and dsd to 5.6. Regardless which format i play, mid track, the music stops and i hear loud white noise. I've restarted all services/devices, and still occurs mid tracks. I tried roon/mR and it works fine.

Any idea what's going on?

I would try the link above. However, my guess is that the Mac Mini does not have enough HP under the hood.

I would try the link above. However, my guess is that the Mac Mini does not have enough HP under the hood.

I've verified it is not the mac by plugging it directly to the dac (removed Roon/mR/FMC's) and it works fine. i'll be adding these back in one by one to isolate cause...

same. white noise within a few seconds into the track. Here's what my preferences show Image 2016-11-21 at 7.22.52 PM.png

This is everything I know about setting up HQ Player. The best advise I have for you is to start at the top and work your way down. FYI It suggests that you lower the volume to avoid clipping.

http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f26-sonore-sponsored/signalyst-hq-player-101-a-29494/

The other thing you can do is see if your DAC has a firmware update available.

This is everything I know about setting up HQ Player. The best advise I have for you is to start at the top and work your way down. FYI It suggests that you lower the volume to avoid clipping.

http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f26-sonore-sponsored/signalyst-hq-player-101-a-29494/

The other thing you can do is see if your DAC has a firmware update available.

Ok I will take a look. One thing I am struggling with is why does 44 to 64, 128dsd work while 192 to DSD does not.

Hello all fellow rendu users, this is my first CA post. Rendu is great! It works well and sounds superb under squeezelite and Roon mode (though I slightly prefer squeezelite). But I can't get NAA running.

My setup is very simple. One iMac with ethernet port connected directly to rendu, and a thunderbolt-to-ethernet converter giving me a second ethernet port connected directly to my internet modem. I have no router and there is no other computer in use. So there's only 3 parts, rendu, iMac, and modem.

I have exact same problem with others, i.e., with rendu set to NAA mode, HQ player can't find/see the rendu under device settings. I tried to play with some of the network setting in mac os but they seem not relevant or not helping.

I would greatly appreciate if anyone can help.

Hello all fellow rendu users, this is my first CA post. Rendu is great! It works well and sounds superb under squeezelite and Roon mode (though I slightly prefer squeezelite). But I can't get NAA running.

My setup is very simple. One iMac with ethernet port connected directly to rendu, and a thunderbolt-to-ethernet converter giving me a second ethernet port connected directly to my internet modem. I have no router and there is no other computer in use. So there's only 3 parts, rendu, iMac, and modem.

I have exact same problem with others, i.e., with rendu set to NAA mode, HQ player can't find/see the rendu under device settings. I tried to play with some of the network setting in mac os but they seem not relevant or not helping.

I tried a similar setup with Windows recently. The middle machine was serving as a "virtual" switch. HQplayer running on the same machine as that switch couldn't see the NAA. However, the NAA was found when running HQplayer from any other machine on the network.

The SQ benefit of eliminating a physical switch and associated power supply is huge. It would be great to see this configuration supported in HQplayer.

Pareto Audio aka nuckleheadaudio

The HQ Player / NAA combination does not work when the microRendu is connected directly to the Mac. Refer here for additional information.

http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f26-sonore-sponsored/sonicorbiter-direct-connection-mac-pc-beta-28606/

PS I will move this post there next.

The SQ benefit of eliminating a physical switch and associated power supply is huge. It would be great to see this configuration supported in HQplayer.

Well, I disagree on this... I have three switches on the way from my server to the NAA and the sound quality is just great. Each switch actually adds one extra layer of isolation, because every ethernet connector module contains the isolation transformers. Plus the switch is specialized for doing just the network traffic and nothing else, so the amount of noise it has is less to begin with.

Ethernet and networking stuff in general is not intended for point-to-point connections - such are very unusual setups that these things are not designed or intended for. If you want point-to-point you can as well stick to USB and forget NAA.

Just forget cheapest switches with plastic casing and wallwart PSU and get a proper one with metal case and built-in power supply and IEC power cord. :) Alternatively you could use a switch powered using PoE which gives you even more freedom on the PSU implementation.

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

Well, I disagree on this... I have three switches on the way from my server to the NAA and the sound quality is just great. Each switch actually adds one extra layer of isolation, because every ethernet connector module contains the isolation transformers. Plus the switch is specialized for doing just the network traffic and nothing else, so the amount of noise it has is less to begin with.

Ethernet and networking stuff in general is not intended for point-to-point connections - such are very unusual setups that these things are not designed or intended for. If you want point-to-point you can as well stick to USB and forget NAA.

Just forget cheapest switches with plastic casing and wallwart PSU and get a proper one with metal case and built-in power supply and IEC power cord. :) Alternatively you could use a switch powered using PoE which gives you even more freedom on the PSU implementation.

Have you tried this configuration?

Pareto Audio aka nuckleheadaudio