IGNORED

Sonicorbiter - NAA Output Mode

vortecjr

Go to Settings / RoonReady and press Save. Then go to Apps / Apps Switcher and select NAA as the output mode.

Done, no change, still no device in HQP NAA backend.

I have to leave now, I'll try with a different setup tomorrow (different PC, different network switch and different DAC...)

Done, no change, still no device in HQP NAA backend.

I have to leave now, I'll try with a different setup tomorrow (different PC, different network switch and different DAC...)

I just wanted to have it done so I know the unit is in a good state. Try those things and let us know what happens.

Hi, can someone please help me. I am trying to get the Microrendu set up in my system. I am trying to use HQ Player as an NAA endpoint through Roon. On initial set up, I could not see the Rendu in my browser at all. After getting the LAN address for the Rendu from my LTE 4G modem/router, I was able to type that address in and finally see it. I went through all the settings. My DAC is seen by the Rendu. HQ Player is set as the networked output zone in Roon. It was working before I tried to set up the Rendu. HQ Player has NAA set for "backend". Network control is selected. From the Rendu app, HQ Player is selected as output. Nothing. When I try to play something, I get a dialog pop up from HQ Player that says "failed to open audio device, please check settings". In device settings, under "device", the field is blank...the rendu is not recognized. I have read through the forums and tried a new ifi power supply, different ethernet cables, ejecting and re-inserting the SD card......all to no avail. LTE router/modem shows rendu connected. Yellow LEDs on Rendu flash (no green).

Does anyone have any ideas...I am out of things to try ! Thank you.

I just wanted to have it done so I know the unit is in a good state. Try those things and let us know what happens.

I did some more testing : different house (hence different network setup), different PC (although still Win10), different USB DAC (an old M-Audio FastTrack Pro) and I have the exact same symptoms : HQ Player does not find the Sonicorbiter.

Note that Sonicorbiter sees the DAC (in DAC diagnostic) and works perfectly with Roon (when set to roon ready mode), however no chance with HQP and NAA mode (empty DAC list in HQP backend).

BTW I even tried with a Win8.1 VM in Virtualbox... no difference.

I did some more testing : different house (hence different network setup), different PC (although still Win10), different USB DAC (an old M-Audio FastTrack Pro) and I have the exact same symptoms : HQ Player does not find the Sonicorbiter.

Note that Sonicorbiter sees the DAC (in DAC diagnostic) and works perfectly with Roon (when set to roon ready mode), however no chance with HQP and NAA mode (empty DAC list in HQP backend).

It's very strange, but something is blocking HQ Player from seeing things. Roon uses a different protocol so it could very well work better in the case.

Did you assign a fixed IP address to the microRendu or does the IP address for it change every time your modem gets a reboot or you turn of the microRendu?

The modem/router assigns it the same IP address every time. My modem/routers web page shows the Microrendu connected with all the IP address info, etc. The Microrendu's web page shows my DAC as "seen". HQ Player and Roon were previously working, the only things changing being the insertion of the Microrendu and network cables and modem/router (brand new Verizon Novatel 4G LTE) and the accompanying settings changes to facilitate using HQ Player as an NAA. Does anyone know if the Microrendu should show up under "device" in HQ Player when NAA is selected under "backend" ? This field is presently blank, as if HQ player is not seeing the Microrendu.

I'm having a somewhat similar problem in that HQP loses connection to the rendu and dac and can only be restored by a reboot of all devices. This was happening with my rendu and yggy, so I thought it was maybe a Schiit problem. I just added a second rendu and mojo and the same thing is happening with these devices. I would love to find a solution that does not require a reboot of my computer.

The modem/router assigns it the same IP address every time. My modem/routers web page shows the Microrendu connected with all the IP address info, etc. The Microrendu's web page shows my DAC as "seen". HQ Player and Roon were previously working, the only things changing being the insertion of the Microrendu and network cables and modem/router (brand new Verizon Novatel 4G LTE) and the accompanying settings changes to facilitate using HQ Player as an NAA. Does anyone know if the Microrendu should show up under "device" in HQ Player when NAA is selected under "backend" ? This field is presently blank, as if HQ player is not seeing the Microrendu.

ISSUE IS RESOLVED. Shout out to Jesus for responding quickly and taking the time to help me !! For anyone in the future having this problem, there is a setting for your Microrendu that needs to be set under the "Roon Ready" Microrendu app on the GUI, and in Roon audio settings, even though one might be using HQ Player's NAA.

ISSUE IS RESOLVED. Shout out to Jesus for responding quickly and taking the time to help me !! For anyone in the future having this problem, there is a setting for your Microrendu that needs to be set under the "Roon Ready" Microrendu app on the GUI, and in Roon audio settings, even though one might be using HQ Player's NAA.

And what is exactly this setting you are referring to ?

Looks like I mis-spoke. I had Roon Ready playing ok, but not with HQP/NAA. I am still sorting this out. Will report back when I know more.

Have you enabled allow network control in HQPlayer ? (The icon on the right in HQPlayer)

You may also try to use the HQPlayer beta.

The MicroRendu has a new SW version also. (2.3) Do not use it. I found it cause more network trouble in my setup.

Have you enabled allow network control in HQPlayer ? (The icon on the right in HQPlayer)

The MicroRendu has a new SW version also. (2.3) Do not use it. I found it cause more network trouble in my setup.

Thanks for your comments ! Yes I have tried enabling the network control icon, but have not tried the HQP beta. First thing i did when I plugged the microrendu in was update the software to 2.3. I wonder if I can roll back to the 2.1 somehow,and try that.

Thanks for your comments ! Yes I have tried enabling the network control icon, but have not tried the HQP beta. First thing i did when I plugged the microrendu in was update the software to 2.3. I wonder if I can roll back to the 2.1 somehow,and try that.

Do not think rollback is an option. My problem with 2.3 was that I had to unplugg power several times, as the unit totally crashed. I loose connection with it several times. Did also with 2.2.

I'm doing some tests myself as I can't 100 % prove that the MicroRendu is the problem, though I do think so.

I should add that now it seems to to be more stable in my network and behave as before. Loosing connection with HQPlayer after a hour or two. Then I have to reset HQPlayer in the MicroRendu menu twice, and then open settings in HQPLayer, and save.

Have you found if the MicroRendu has some sort of log files?

The MicroRendu has a new SW version also. (2.3) Do not use it. I found it cause more network trouble in my setup.[/quote

I am experiencing similar problems. The only solution I have found is to reboot all devices, including the computer. It's a bit of a hassle since my Roon core is on my work computer. It seems like there should be an easier way for HQP to reconnect. Roon doesn't seem to have the same problem.

Do not think rollback is an option. My problem with 2.3 was that I had to unplugg power several times, as the unit totally crashed. I loose connection with it several times. Did also with 2.2.

I'm doing some tests myself as I can't 100 % prove that the MicroRendu is the problem, though I do think so.

I should add that now it seems to to be more stable in my network and behave as before. Loosing connection with HQPlayer after a hour or two. Then I have to reset HQPlayer in the MicroRendu menu twice, and then open settings in HQPLayer, and save.

Have you found if the MicroRendu has some sort of log files?

No, no log files that I'm aware of. I'm going to contact Jussi at HQP for help. The Microrendu is not "shaking hands" with HQP via Roon, as far as I can tell.

Thanks for your input. I will try the beta, and try to reach Jussi at HQP fpr assistance. This should be easier, unless I am missing something !

Let me just add, The Microrendu running on Roon Ready (haven't been able to get HQP/NAA working) sounds incredible ! Believe the hype...it's freaking fantastic.

Thanks for your input. I will try the beta, and try to reach Jussi at HQP fpr assistance. This should be easier, unless I am missing something ![/quote

Please report back what you hear from Jussi. My emails are bouncing back for some reason and I haven't received a reply on the other threads.

Thanks for your input. I will try the beta, and try to reach Jussi at HQP fpr assistance. This should be easier, unless I am missing something ![/quote

Please report back what you hear from Jussi. My emails are bouncing back for some reason and I haven't received a reply on the other threads.

No problem, I will update on this thread after I talk with him, but it might not be until this weekend.

In the meantime, if anyone here has HQ Player working as an NAA with Roon and the microrendu, please feel free to elucidate me on the settings/configuration ! Thanks !

I got it working... however I have no clue what made it work : I did not change anything in the software setup. I disconnected everything, reconnected (may be following a different sequence). Initially I only saw the "integrated SPDIF" device associated with NAA... I again disconnected/reconnected the USB cable and finally the USB device appeared ! Now everything is working including the integration with Roon. Go figure ???

Tomorrow I'll try again on my initial setup and hope it will work there as well.

I got it working... however I have no clue what made it work : I did not change anything in the software setup. I disconnected everything, reconnected (may be following a different sequence). Initially I only saw the "integrated SPDIF" device associated with NAA... I again disconnected/reconnected the USB cable and finally the USB device appeared ! Now everything is working including the integration with Roon. Go figure ???

Tomorrow I'll try again on my initial setup and hope it will work there as well.

Yes, unplugging and rebooting everything works for me, too. I just hate having to do this and HQP disconnects every time I fool too deeply with the settings. Because Roon doesn't have these problems, I have to think the issue is with HQP, but what do I know?

Yes, unplugging and rebooting everything works for me, too. I just hate having to do this and HQP disconnects every time I fool too deeply with the settings. Because Roon doesn't have these problems, I have to think the issue is with HQP, but what do I know?

I wish it (NAA) would be a bit more robust indeed. Experience will tell.

I moved things here to consolidate things.

Question: What is a "university vpn"?

Not cfisher, but "virtual private network"?

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.